Prepaid connection

finn

As resident in an appartment building, my phone line goes through reception (ie. i have to dial "9" to get an outside line).

Can anyone please advise me whether or not a prepaid connection such as CS, can be operated in such a situation in terms of do i simply put a "9" in front of the CS dial up number? Will this work? Or must i have my own direct outside line?

Any help will be much appreciated as this problem is delaying my purchase of a new PC

Regards

You can just put a 9 in front of the CS Internet access number add a comma ',' for a pause whilst the switchboard gives you a line just to be sure.

One problem could be if your switchboard uses dedicated telephones, if it's just a 'standard' telephone in your apartment then all should be ok.

Also to bear in mind is that sometimes apartments with this type of setup charge by the minute not for each connection.

J

Can anyone please advise me whether or not a prepaid connection such as CS, can be operated in such a situation in terms of do i simply put a "9" in front of the CS dial up number?

jayrock is right, it works. I use a samart prepaid card with 9,1222 to dialup. Unlimited 2 months dialup for 480 baht, cards available at Pantip Plaza, 3rd floor. Note: add

@samarts.com

to the end of the username inside the prepaid card or you will never get authorized.

huski I bought a Web1222 card at Pantip but keep getting a busy signal, am I doing something wrong.  My apartment phone also goes through the front desk, but I have to dial a 33 with a comma after it.  I have been using KSC since coming to Thailand and have no problems with connecting in general.  I do sometimes have a problem with getting a busy signal with KSC some evenings.  I believe this is because every other tourist near a 7-11 using the same service.  The Web1222 card will never connect always a busy signal.  Have you or anyone else ever heard of someone having a similar problem? Any ideas?

Keep it real!

Seems like everyone has started an ISP service and must get a good price from TOT and TTT because I have bought 3 cards that use 1222  and can also use 1222 with loxinfo cscoms. and the line is always busy.

I never try it anymore, for ISPs now I use INET and csloxinfo with regular phone numbers and will never again buy a card that uses 1222, INET is a very good ISP I think but the reason that I used cscoms is because of the 1000b unlimited time with 1 monthly payment.