Toyota Fortuna

lincdales

In June my wife raised the subject of a new car and suggested it would be nice to have a Fortuna delivered on my birthday early October. The order was placed and deposit of 10,000 paid to the local dealership. Over the course of the next few weeks various paperwork was completed and no sign of problems.

When the agreed date for delivery came we were told that the black was not available and would we like the silver grey one which was. I suspected they had had my black in stock and sold it ( bird in the hand) since I was farang I wouldn't object. We refused and told them we wanted black. Another delivery date was agreed for this Thursday. Now we are told we have to wait a further two weeks because all the latest models have been recalled. Something to do with the vehicle tipping over on bends I think.

Anyone else heard about it or are they spinning me a load of crap?

Had we left it to the last minute to order then I would have understood, but, for goodness sake, they have had 4 months to sort it out. My wife has the Jay yen yen attitude toward it but, quite frankly, I am annoyed.

In June my wife raised the subject of a new car and suggested it would .........

Get the silver one.

You'll have a bad time keeping a Black Fortuner looking good, Black cars really show the dirt. They look good when just cleaned, a day later they look dirty again, my silver one I have left for 6 months without cleaning !!! :)

In June my wife raised the subject of a new car and suggested it would .........

Get the silver one.

You'll have a bad time keeping a Black Fortuner looking good, Black cars really show the dirt. They look good when just cleaned, a day later they look dirty again, my silver one I have left for 6 months without cleaning !!! :)

So now it's black?

Sound like you have been scammed. These Fortuna's come from the same factory as Nokir phones and as it is in China the delivery does take time. It is an easy mistake to do, they look excatly the same as real Fortuner's apart from the logo but not surprisingly they have smaller engines, the steering wheel is thinner, synthetic leather and the navigator's screen resolution is not anywhere close to the excellent and clear screen in the original one. Also reportedly their batteries are prone to explode and a cracked windscreen is not unheard of.

Sound like you have been scammed. These Fortuna's come from the same factory as Nokir phones and as it is in China the delivery does take time. It is an easy mistake to do, they look excatly the same as real Fortuner's apart from the logo but not surprisingly they have smaller engines, the steering wheel is thinner, synthetic leather and the navigator's screen resolution is not anywhere close to the excellent and clear screen in the original one. Also reportedly their batteries are prone to explode and a cracked windscreen is not unheard of.

? :)

? :)

Play on words - think Chinese knock off MrGo6. Fortuna (not exactly Fortuner). Nokir (aka Nokia). Chinese knock-off, problem with exploding batteries.

your welcome. :D

Sleep on it, it will sink in eventually :)

Ahhh, ok mate, I've got it. :D

I must admit it went over my head at first............ :D

Dont feel bad that Nokir thing had me thinking airline, couldn't get the connection to batteries. Must be age on my part.

Edited by bkkjames

Get the silver one.

Absolutely, black cars are the worst for keeping clean. Silver is much better :D