No Man U

farangconnection

The games for tonight on TV are advertised as;

Chelsea v Athletico

Real V Milan

Wot no Manu(re)?

this is because Utd kick off at 11.30pm Thai time.

Maybe they are not showing it at 11.30 cos they would have to change their usual tv schedule.

If they kicked off at the same time do u really think that they would show a small club like Chelsea instead of Utd.

dream on :)

Chelsea v Athletico

Real V Milan

Wot no Manu(re)?

Maybe they are not showing it at 11.30 cos they would have to change their usual tv schedule.

If they kicked off at the same time do u really think that they would show a small club like Chelsea instead of Utd.

What a pathetically stoopid thing to say. I would think that the top matches are Manchester United & Chelsea.........Still if like you say, kick off is 11.30, then Thai TV can not afford to miss it. BKK Post up the creek again. It will be on somewhere.

Chelsea v Athletico

Real V Milan

Wot no Manu(re)?

What a pathetically stoopid thing to say. I would think that the top matches are Manchester United & Chelsea.........Still if like you say, kick off is 11.30, then Thai TV can not afford to miss it. BKK Post up the creek again. It will be on somewhere.

Stoopid eh,Not as stupid as you lot thinking you are a big club.

where were you, when you were s....... :D

Hmmm...Channel 3 website schedule says "23:00 - 00:00 ราตรีสโมสร" No mention of an 23:30 kick off...

22Oct: 01:30 - 03:45 ยูฟ่าแชมเปี้ยนส์ลีก 2009/2010 (UEFA Champions League but no mention of who's playing).

Edited by bkkmick

On a slightly different note, I am curious as to if English commentary has been available if you watch these Champions League matches on True Visions?

If you are watching Thai TV it makes no difference whether you be watching via an aerial or via a True Visions dish/cable, with regards having English commentary. If it's provided, you can switch language whichever way you be receiving it. Sadly though, these days it seems it is rarely available.

All of the Champions League matches i have seen so far have only had Thai commentary, although sometimes, just for fun, they broadcast with both Thai and English commentary talking over each other.

Football coverage in Thailand has progressively been getting worse over the last few years. I hate to think what we will be subjected to come the World Cup next year.

On a slightly different note, I am curious as to if English commentary has been available if you watch these Champions League matches on True Visions?

If you are watching Thai TV it makes no difference whether you be watching via an aerial or via a True Visions dish/cable, with regards having English commentary. If it's provided, you can switch language whichever way you be receiving it. Sadly though, these days it seems it is rarely available.

All of the Champions League matches i have seen so far have only had Thai commentary, although sometimes, just for fun, they broadcast with both Thai and English commentary talking over each other.

Football coverage in Thailand has progressively been getting worse over the last few years. I hate to think what we will be subjected to come the World Cup next year.

That is wrong........if you watch it through UBC(true) you can switch to English through your remote on all channels.

That is wrong........if you watch it through UBC(true) you can switch to English through your remote on all channels.

Only if the broadcaster broadcasts the English commentary. So far, on the matches that I have watched, only one match (I think it was Arsenal in round 1 ) had English commentary.

If you are watching a London club, you can connect online to the Radio London website and listen to the live commentary and turn the sound off on the TV. I did this last night for the Arsenal match. From this season it has been available to non UK listeners and there is no "internet delay". In fact the Radio London audio was slightly in front of the TV piccture last night.

Only if the broadcaster broadcasts the English commentary. So far, on the matches that I have watched, only one match (I think it was Arsenal in round 1 ) had English commentary.

If you are watching a London club, you can connect online to the Radio London website and listen to the live commentary and turn the sound off on the TV. I did this last night for the Arsenal match. From this season it has been available to non UK listeners and there is no "internet delay". In fact the Radio London audio was slightly in front of the TV piccture last night.

Sorry,of course I watched the Chelsea v Nicosia game in Hospital, so I had to turn the commentry right down, so I don't know what it was in.

No you can't. Not if there is no English commentary available.

If there is an English soundtrack and you are watching from a conventional TV set, you simply hit the audio channel button on the remote of the TV and you will be able to listen to English. If you are watching via True Visions and you have English set as the default language, it will automatically give you the English commentary.

But if the Thai TV station is not broadcasting an English soundtrack, it makes no difference by watching it via True Visions. Still no English soundtrack.

No you can't. Not if there is no English commentary available.

If there is an English soundtrack and you are watching from a conventional TV set, you simply hit the audio channel button on the remote of the TV and you will be able to listen to English. If you are watching via True Visions and you have English set as the default language, it will automatically give you the English commentary.

But if the Thai TV station is not broadcasting an English soundtrack, it makes no difference by watching it via True Visions. Still no English soundtrack.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Don't you guys enjoy hearing Thai commentor's say "SUPER-sub" and "mai geng".

Me either. :)

So did anyone in Thailand manage to see the game?

I spent the 90 minutes scouring the Thai TV channels and searching the internet for either a video or just an audio streaming site - all in vain.

Thoroughly pissed off. Can't understand why Thai TV bid to show Champion's League to then end up not showing some games. Surely at half past eleven in the evening a slot could have been found. Was what they were showing so incredibly important?

I listened to audio coverage of the first half on BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra. At half-time they switched to coverage of the paralympics swimming and said that the second half would be on Radio Five Live. I switched to listen, only to be told that it was only available to listeners in the UK.

I guess the Champions League folks are getting too big for their boots and demanding big prices for the rights. Same trend as in the UK that you have to pay more and more to the point when some international gets shown only on the internet because the channel went bust having paid too much for the games.

Don't these people selling football realise it is getting to the point where they will kill off the public's interest and kill the goose that laid the proverbial?

Don't tell me the results. I'm a football fan, not a team fan. I will continue to scour channels for the next couple of days - games have an odd habit of popping up when you least expected them in LoS!

Edited by SantiSuk

I watched the game live with English commentary on my cable network here in Phuket all for 350 Bt per month. (but no Barclay's Premier League games are ever shown, but generally get all Champs League, the big F,A Cup games and some Carling Cup games - which is why I canceled my UBC/True account and now watch Premier League games in any one of a number of local bars or failing that by streaming on my P.C.)