B Visa And Termonate Employment, What Are The Options?

Hi All,

I currently have a B visa on one year extensions and the company is doing OK but I wish to clarify my possibilities if the company decides to terminate employment. The goal is to be able to continue to be with my child. I have more than 400,000 bath in the bank and I have certificate of fathership (bai rapp long bott) so I am the legal father of my child. I will not register the marriage to the mother so that is not an option though.

If I get terminated, what can I do to change my B visa to something else? I only have 7 days, can I apply for 60 day extension to be with my child and then directy on to O to be with my child?

Thanks

Michael

Edited by MikeyIdea

If you get terminated you have to leave the country on the same day. You do not get 7 days.

You have to apply for a 7 day extension.

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension. Also a 12 month extension.

It really depends on what documentation they need as proof of you being the Father.

Conflicting info :)

Camerata writes one of the benefits of having residency as not having to leave the country within 7 days, Lite Beer, you write the same day.

Sounds impossible to having to leave the same day, what if you are fired in the afternoon?

Are you sure and where do you get the info from?

Thanks for quick responses, excellent

Mikey

Thanks for info PoorSucker. I am interested in if you know of any that got an O visa application on basis for child rejected because he didn't have sole custody. It's difficult to get sole custody and that isn't specified anywhere in the documentation. Certificate of fathership from juvenile court should be enough, at least I thought so...

What about Bangkok, anyone got O based on child with shared custody?

Thanks

Mikey

Conflicting info :)

Camerata writes one of the benefits of having residency as not having to leave the country within 7 days, Lite Beer, you write the same day.

Sounds impossible to having to leave the same day, what if you are fired in the afternoon?

Are you sure and where do you get the info from?

Thanks for quick responses, excellent

Mikey

It is not about residence but about the reason for your extension of stay - if for work it ends with the end of work. They do not allow 7 days as before but if you request and pay for an extension of stay they will provide 7 days before they disapprove it.