What Is That With Some Neighbours?

jns72

I have been here several times in LOS, most of the time I rent an apartment.

When I just moved in my current apartment the neighbours made a lot of noise at night after I just went to bed.

I know that most buildings have poor sound insulation / thin walls.

But slamming doors, footsteps, running down the hallway after I just went to bed (around 0.00 if haven't been out) and before that it was quiet?

At daytime (if I'm at my room) I only hear somekind of pump noise coming from neighbours side, this is weird since I don't stay on the top floor and I don't think there is somekind of pump in the wall. A few times it sounded as if my neighbour switched on/off a pump.

When I switched on the airco at night many times I heared a AC compressor noise coming from a wall next to me, which was not the sound from my own AC. The room next to me where the noise is coming from has a window on that side and there's is no balcony and no AC compressor.I should not be able to hear their AC, surely that noise should not be louder then the noise of my own AC!

What is that! AC sound recording and playback?

I have been here several times in LOS, most of the time I rent an apartment.

When I just moved in my current apartment the neighbours made a lot of noise at night after I just went to bed.

I know that most buildings have poor sound insulation / thin walls.

But slamming doors, footsteps, running down the hallway after I just went to bed (around 0.00 if haven't been out) and before that it was quiet?

At daytime (if I'm at my room) I only hear somekind of pump noise coming from neighbours side, this is weird since I don't stay on the top floor and I don't think there is somekind of pump in the wall. A few times it sounded as if my neighbour switched on/off a pump.

When I switched on the airco at night many times I heared a AC compressor noise coming from a wall next to me, which was not the sound from my own AC. The room next to me where the noise is coming from has a window on that side and there's is no balcony and no AC compressor.I should not be able to hear their AC, surely that noise should not be louder then the noise of my own AC!

What is that! AC sound recording and playback?

Problems are lo-so upgrades... I have a similar problem with one set of neighbours their parents didn't teach them house manners so i have to endure doors banging, loud music early am or late pm and the occasional bits of dust swept out from their door into the corridor.

a call to security sorts out the music...but the door thing..that just makes my blood boil....

yup, you got a case of loso upgrade.......

This door banging is not a Thai phenomenon its worldwide , get the same in the UK people think the only way to close a door is to smash it thru the frame.

Relevance?

He never said it was a Thai phenomenon and I doubt he really cares if it happens in the UK since he is in Thailand hence this being a forum about Thailand.

Why do people feel the need to point out that some things are not specific to Thailand when nobody has suggested they are, they are simply talking about their experience IN thailand, the OP also makes no reference to his neighbours being Thai.

Too many threads go down this avenue of pointing out that things happen all over the world, but really on a Thai forum what happens elsewhere is not relevant.

Too many threads go down this avenue of pointing out that things happen all over the world, but really on a Thai forum what happens elsewhere is not relevant.

Actually in some cases it is very relevant, as posters imply that certain things only occur in Thailand or are unique to Thai nationals only, which in most cases is strictly note true... :)

Actually in some cases it is very relevant, as posters imply that certain things only occur in Thailand or are unique to Thai nationals only, which in most cases is strictly note true... :)

But not in this case so it's not relevant, he doesn't even mention the nationality for the neighbours, and also an implication is in the mind of the reader more often than not and what they choose to read into an innocuous comment, sadly what i have seen on here too many people jump to conclusions based on a few words without any knowledge of the poster. The OP was in fact not alluding to ANY race or saying the issue was specific to Thailand so the comment about it happening in the UK is irrelevant.

Also what is "note true"? is that some form of superlative to signify something is super true :D

Also what is "note true"? is that some form of superlative to signify something is super true :D

Let me guess another "English teacher"... :) ...Watch our chaps the spelling police are about...

no not an English teacher, if I was I would have just corrected your spelling instead of making a joke about it, and why do we have to 'watch our chaps'? what are they going to do :D

I already have degree and a job and have been here many years, don't let the lack of posts fool you, but thank you for your concern, that's nice of you.

I hope it annoyed you when I made a joke about the spelling mistake, that is how it feels for others when they constantly have to read irrelevant posts about what happens in other countries when the OP is obviously talking about Thailand and is concerned about what is happening in Thailand and makes no mention that he thinks this is a Thai trait, and then we see all the buddies with a few thousand posts appear and defend their buddy despite it being clear his post is nonsense in relation to the thread.

I think some of you just trawl the forum to try and appear worldly by telling us what we already know. I wonder how many threads have the comment about what happens in other countries when that is not relevant to the thread, most I would imagine.

Anyway feel free to continue you little mob mentality and attempts at ridicule because someone with less posts has the temerity to tread on the all powerfuls toes.

I can assume that from your comments neither of you think teaching English is a worthwhile employment, I wonder what the English teachers in here want to say about that?

Wow! A 90+ word sentence.

I think the 'door slamming' post was made as an observation, not an indictment.

By continuing to defend your remark, I think you are in fact diminishing your point, which in my opinion was irrelevant in the first place.

By continuing to defend your remark, I think you are in fact diminishing your point, which in my opinion was irrelevant in the first place.

:):D

:):D

Is Terry allowed to join the mob, he only has 970 posts?

:D:D

Is Terry allowed to join the mob, he only has 970 posts?

He is more than welcome.... :D , especially as has given a excellent retort to your inane drivel... :)

It does not only happen in Thailand. I have a baby elephant upstairs, he seems to run from the kitchen into the living room every night at about 3 am!! And moves his furniture around. Thank god he doesn't seem to own a vacuum cleaner!!! I retort with stupid You Tube music....

it seems to me that the op should stop renting crap apartments.

That's one of the most sensible remarks I have seen from you, t.s. :)

But to stay on topic, the noisy neighbours thing is all over the world. However, I do notice that Thai people are not affected so much by noise.

My wife will happily start washing the dishes at midnight (she loves cleaning) and banging stuff around. Mai pen rai.

We are very lucky in that our neighbours are fairly quiet. The walls and floors are very thick, too.

No elephant noise, no loud music, no running in the hallway.

Man, I love our place. Cheap, very spacious, excellent view and cool breeze. Right in the middle of Ratchayothin.

Only noise is from the morons on Ratchayothin bridge who crash into each other.

*Squeeeel..BANG...bang, bang* :D

i rented in a block of 9 apartments for 2 years in Phuket ,never had any problem with the neighbours,apart from the odd night of head board banging,

then i brought a house directly opposite,again no problem with neighbours,the kids play in the road evening time,the old Thai guy sweeps the road picking up litter,its a real community neighbourhood,

I already have degree

Most English teachers with a degree would use the article "a" in that sentence. :)

He didnt say what the degree was in !, ( maybe a honda 250 degree ) but well spotted that man, top of the klass .. :D

post-62885-1256704002_thumb.jpg

Edited by imaneggspurt

it seems to me that the op should stop renting crap apartments.

Does a furnished studio with kitchen and a door that opens with a keycard fall under category "crap apartments"?

take a look at your neighbors and you tell me. but sight unseen chances are yes, especially if the whole building consists of furnished studios.