Blocked Toilet! Contact Number Please!

CLASBYCLAN

Hi Guys/Gals

I have a blocked toilet, think it's blocked with a toy crocodile, I had someone come twice and try to flush it out, but it's still blocked and I have my parents visiting next week.

Do you have , or can you please ask your Thai partners if they can suggest someone in Chiang Mai that unblocks toilets? Or any tips will be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance x

:)

Find someone in the moobaan or ask around in the moobaan. There are always guys riding around on bicycles or motorbikes looking for odd jobs. Almost all of them unblock toilets as that is probably the most common repair in Thailand. Look for the guys with a small bucket hanging on the back of their bike. They use it to mix the plaster when they re-seat the toilets. None of these guys use wax seals here. Don't panic when you hear them banging away to remove the old plaster. Labor is cheaper than a wax seal here.

Hi Guys/Gals

I have a blocked toilet, think it's blocked with a toy crocodile, I had someone come twice and try to flush it out, but it's still blocked and I have my parents visiting next week.

Do you have , or can you please ask your Thai partners if they can suggest someone in Chiang Mai that unblocks toilets? Or any tips will be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance x

:)

Suggestions?

image9031.jpg:D

If your sure its the commode it self where the stoppage is, you may have to unbolt same and turn it upside down to get the fellows little toy out. A common occurrence in that the object will flush out of the bowl itself but will not go thru the trap to the sewer line. Even small hands cannot retrieve the obstruction while the commode is right side up. When the plumber/whoever suggests a new toilet, remember this post. The only parts that ever need replacement are in/on the water reservoir (breakage excepted)

If your sure its the commode it self where the stoppage is, you may have to unbolt same and turn it upside down to get the fellows little toy out. A common occurrence in that the object will flush out of the bowl itself but will not go thru the trap to the sewer line. Even small hands cannot retrieve the obstruction while the commode is right side up. When the plumber/whoever suggests a new toilet, remember this post. The only parts that ever need replacement are in/on the water reservoir (breakage excepted)

Oh, ok, that's really helpful, and your'e right, I really don't want to have to pay for a whole new toilet!

Not to argue with sally but if the object is cross wise or too big to go out drain the drain snake will just go past it and not dislodge the object from the trap area. Having survived 4 little ones and numerous visiting nephews/nieces who have thrown objects from al. drink sack, socks, gold fish, and army figures into the great whirlpool of life, I offer what worked for me. The first and last required the method I suggested, other objects (unknown) were dislodged with wire snake.