Windows 7 Now Released

Tywais

Are you going to Windows 7?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since Windows 7 is being released today I thought it would be useful to get feedback from members as to what they use now and what their plans are. Since some members use multiple OSes the first poll section allows multiple choices.

News clipping on Windows 7 Release

I very recently purchased a new Acer Laptop with Vista installed and assured that Windows 7 would be provided free of charge when released as part of the package. The Acer shop did not mention that you had to pay $18+ US for shipping from Singapore, that is about Baht 650 not a big deal but the usual Thai deal. I only hope that Windows 7 is better than Vista Home Premium.

Been using Windows 7 from early betas as the second operating system on both laptops and desktops with vista and xp. Windows 7 is just by far the better choise. Also running mint linux on one computer. Windows 7 familypack already on the way from amazon.com :)

last question poorly organized, as the site won't let you leave it blank = must make a choice even if never tried the W7

-> results to this question will not be exact.

personaly use XP, but willing to give it a try later. Or might move to other OS if I get some time with no better use of.

Edited by sunsamourai

last question poorly organized, as the site won't let you leave it blank = must make a choice even if never tried the W7

Same here.

Never tried W7 and have no intention of doing so.

For now I have XP Pro and will stick with it until M$ forces me to upgrade.

opalhort

I'll probably pick it up through a uni deal - M$ offers it dirt cheap to students in many universities (last time I got Office Ultimate 2007 for about 500 baht).

No, I won't be buying the full retail version again. Did that with Vista Ultimate, what a waste of cash.

I've been using RC on my main machine for a while now without any problems apart from a little difficulty with printer drivers when I first installed it. I took advantage of MSoft's cheapo offer and because I live in the UK have got a full version rather than an upgrade version for 45 quid - because of the trouble that Msoft has been having with the EU. Because it's a full version it needs a clean install which I'm going to delay till after my visit to the LoS next month. I wish I'd bought 2 copies now - one for my netbook.

Will definitely waiting to see if this is another money grab from Microsoft.

The only halfway decent OS's from MS were NT 4, 95 (Kind of), XP.

98, Me, and Vista are all POS bloatware crapola. Stick with XP pro 64bit. You will be happier.

Does anyone know where to get a good offer?

I'll probably wander down and see how special the special promotions are here:

http://www.windows7thailand.com/campaign/opening/main.html

It's in Thai but it says next weekend, ground floor, Siam Paragon, special price. Noticed lots of advertising around the BTS lately...

right...I contacted their call center and they also advised special offers at Siam Paragon on Oct 31 and Nov 1st.

Does anyone know where to get a good offer?

I'll probably wander down and see how special the special promotions are here:

http://www.windows7thailand.com/campaign/opening/main.html

It's in Thai but it says next weekend, ground floor, Siam Paragon, special price. Noticed lots of advertising around the BTS lately...

right...I contacted their call center and they also advised special offers at Siam Paragon on Oct 31 and Nov 1st.

What seems to be the going price Windows 7 upgrade from Vista Business?