Getting The Most Out Of Double-entry 60-day Tourist Visa

Let me be sure I have this right:

I have a double-entry 60-day tourist visa, coming to the end of a 30-day extension (thus the most I can get out of this visa is a few days short of 90 total, correct?). Before the visa ends, I should exit Thailand, apply for another double-entry 60-day tourist visa, and re-enter using the second entry of the first visa? How would I activate the second visa? I would like to keep border runs to a minimum.

Prior to the 60-day visa, I have only a 15-day entry stamp after my last non-imm B ended, so I'm guessing I should be okay to get the second 60-day tourist visa. Is Ventiane still the place to go? Recent posts seem to indicate a trend to red stamps and such.

No. If you are really on the first entry (60 days extended 30) you just need to leave Thailand and return the same day prior to the expiration date of the Consulate Visa (not the extension of stay). That will give you a new entry of 60 days which you can then extend another 30 days.

No. If you are really on the first entry (60 days extended 30) you just need to leave Thailand and return the same day prior to the expiration date of the Consulate Visa (not the extension of stay). That will give you a new entry of 60 days which you can then extend another 30 days.

That is sweet. I thought that might be the case, but decided it was too good to be true. So any border crossing will do, and I get another 60 days without the marathon hike to Ventiane? Great news, since I will probably have to go for a new non-imm B in another month or so.

Thanks for the info:-)

That is sweet. I thought that might be the case, but decided it was too good to be true. So any border crossing will do, and I get another 60 days without the marathon hike to Ventiane? Great news, since I will probably have to go for a new non-imm B in another month or so.

Any official border crossing will do, but make sure you actually enter the second country by receiving immigration entry stamp for that country before departing/coming back into Thailand. You will get 60 day permission to stay stamp on re-entry.

Any official border crossing will do, but make sure you actually enter the second country by receiving immigration entry stamp for that country before departing/coming back into Thailand. You will get 60 day permission to stay stamp on re-entry.

No you will have to go too ventiane or malaysia leave the country to get another 60 days. i wish it was that easy