Ducati Branch In Chiang Mai 2010

Garry

I was talking to Chum the other day (well via email) and the owners have plans to branch out to Chiang Mai, in the first quarter of the new year. More will be known yes or no come January. Keep watching the Ducatisti website for info (no info on there yet).

On some personal notes:

Good side:

If Ducati's expansion goes ahead then it is going to work out great for me, as I'm planning to buy a Hyper 1100S early next year. Living in Chiang Rai I will have a great excuse to the ride the bike down those great twisty roads and get the dealer servicings carried out.

Bad side:

I will more than likely be buying the bike around April and not looking forward to Chiang Mai & Songkran when it turns into screwball central and idiots who don't gove a toss about throwing water on people whether they want it done or note.

Edited by Garry

That is excellent news! I know Ducati sales in Thailand have been spectacular and having a branch and service center in Chiang Mai will certainly help them maintain their sales streak. Awesome to see the big bike scene in Thailand really taking off!

That is excellent news! I know Ducati sales in Thailand have been spectacular and having a branch and service center in Chiang Mai will certainly help them maintain their sales streak. Awesome to see the big bike scene in Thailand really taking off!

Its funny I've been riding big bikes in the middle east and had enough of the non-bike savvy car drivers. So after 9 years of riding there, I've called it quits and sold my last bike I bought new 2004 R1. No point trying to bring it to Thailand and I was ready for a new bike. The best part is that in general most Thai's are bike savvy and give you space. A thundering Ducati will definitely add some magic to the mix.

More news: I was speaking to Kuhn Keang yesterday, manager of HKT motors in Phuket, and he told me that in December he will become a Ducati dealer as well.

www.hktmotors.com

089-488-7659

Nothing but the Bkk branch at the Ducati dealer locator so far.

http://www.ducati.com/dealerlocator/gm_cou...ountry=Thailand

Edited by Scubabuddha

More news: I was speaking to Kuhn Keang yesterday, manager of HKT motors in Phuket, and he told me that in December he will become a Ducati dealer as well.

www.hktmotors.com

089-488-7659

Nothing but the Bkk branch at the Ducati dealer locator so far.

http://www.ducati.com/dealerlocator/gm_cou...ountry=Thailand

Hi Scubabuddha,

Good to know that Ducati are expanding to existing dealerships. Kuhn Chumphol has told me that the Ducatisti website will more than likely be updated in January with the owners plans on a branch in Chiang Mai.

When www.hktmotors.com plan to update their wesbite with the news?

Cheers,

Garry

Knowing the bike shop in question, I am highly sceptical that a full scale ducati level operation with the kind of capital investment, training, access to engine management computers, etc, would be likely.

I mean, would be great if it is, but thats a deep pockets kind of thing. Maybe as some kind of branded 'reseller' arrangement with oil changes and simple stuff done locally ??

Knowing the bike shop in question, I am highly sceptical that a full scale ducati level operation with the kind of capital investment, training, access to engine management computers, etc, would be likely.

I mean, would be great if it is, but thats a deep pockets kind of thing. Maybe as some kind of branded 'reseller' arrangement with oil changes and simple stuff done locally ??

Mmm, you may have a point. The 'engine management computer' at Thonglor wasn't available recently as it was in Phuket.  :)

• 5 months later...

Mmm, you may have a point. The 'engine management computer' at Thonglor wasn't available recently as it was in Phuket.  :)

Well, I still haven't heard anymore on the Chiang Mai outlet, be it an oil and lube center for Ducati's. The only change / update I've seen on the Ducati website, is that they have gone from www.ducatisti.co.th to www.ducatithailand.com. Hopefully the air may be cleared soon as to what is happening in Chiang Mai. I wish they would pull their fingers out of there <deleted> and state something..!

Edited by Garry

I've never heard anything about a Chiang Mai branch mentioned at DucatiThonglor. On a side issue, Ducati are tentatively organizing a ride from bkk to Phuket bike week to celebrate the opening of DucatiPhuket.

You can ask Chumphol yourself, he said it straight to my face when I asked him November last year about Ducati's plans for expansion. Chumphol enlightened me then that Phuket was in the bag, but they were being a bit hedgy on what bike shop would get it and where in Chiang Mai. He also hinted that it would more than likely be a small scale start. I'll be surprised if I see anything soon.

Edited by Garry