Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarms In Pattaya

syd barrett

My advise would be to turn off the Gas at the cylinder once you have finished cooking. Then turn the cooker ring off to remove residual gas from the line.

good luck finding a monitor.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually my main concern is from Carbon Monoxide gas from the sewage systems. U bend water seems to be sucked-off by internal suction forces leaving the sewage pipes clear for noxious gases to invade.

For this reason I am seeking an electronic alarm.

My advise would be to turn off the Gas at the cylinder once you have finished cooking. Then turn the cooker ring off to remove residual gas from the line.

good luck finding a monitor.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually my main concern is from Carbon Monoxide gas from the sewage systems. U bend water seems to be sucked-off by internal suction forces leaving the sewage pipes clear for noxious gases to invade.

For this reason I am seeking an electronic alarm.

Gray water U traps will get sucked dry if they are connected in some way to the house sewer pipes, When a slug of water moves along the pipe from the toilet it can suck any water out the U traps.

Check valves in your gray water pipes will fix the problem if it is possible to fit them? They are very inexpensive, work well and are at all hardware stores that sell plastic pipe fittings.

Sorry I have no idea where to buy a detector but maybe a mouse in a small cage would work like the minors used to

carry. :)

Get a life !!!!! If you think that the gas from your shower drainage pipe is going to knock you off.....then stress will probably get you first....wierdo :):D

Get a life? Or perhaps hang on to life?

It is fact that poisonous Carbon Monoxide fumes can invade the bathroom from waste sewage pipes. That is why toilets and wash basins have U bends.

Please read the link below before you 'pooh pooh' toilet fumes.

Carbon Monoxide

Syd, the website you mentions plugs those alarms, so it's in their interest to make it it look dangerous (which it actually is!).

However they state all the exact sources where the CO can come from, and all of them are combustion devices, i.e. gas BBQ's, cookers, gas powered water heaters etc...

Nowhere on the site I can find anything about sewage systems.

CO is produced by incomplete burning of carbon based fuels, and as far as I know, we're not burning anything at all in our sewage pipes/tanks.

All accidents pertaining co poisoning resulted from faulty combustion devices, combined with poor ventilation.

Now, indeed sewer gases can be poisonous, but they do not contain CO! Plenty of other bad stuff, but a CO detector would not be of much help there!

http://dhs.wi.gov/eh/Air/fs/SewerGas.htm

One of the more poisonous sewer gases is hydrogen sulfide, and I can assure you'll know when that stuff is floating around (rotten egg!)

The danger of carbon monoxide is the fact that you cannot smell it. Hence the need for a CO detector.

However, if you are only worrying about your sewage system, you are looking at the wrong stuff, as no CO will come out there. The stuff coming out there possibly killing you smells so bad that you'd need a pretty bad cold to stand the smell until you die :)