Weight Training Supplements In Chiang Mai

jbeck

Specifically - protein powder, Androstenedione, Creatine, BCAAs.

Really (PLEASE?) I am not looking for advice, only the name(s) of shops that sell these and where they are exactly.

Or maybe Androstenedione is available at pharmacies? What would it be called here?

I cannot buy on-line and I need immediately, locally in Chiang Mai.

Thank you very much!

jbeck

• 2 weeks later...
Specifically - protein powder, Androstenedione, Creatine, BCAAs.

Really (PLEASE?) I am not looking for advice, only the name(s) of shops that sell these and where they are exactly.

Or maybe Androstenedione is available at pharmacies? What would it be called here?

I cannot buy on-line and I need immediately, locally in Chiang Mai.

Thank you very much!

jbeck

In Chiang Mai the only choice for Protein powder bought retail that I have been able to find is GNC at Kad Suan Kaew. It is ridiculously over-priced and in my opinion, horribly flavored. Depending on when you go you might find some Amino Fuel or a GNC equivalent for the BCAA's, but expect to pay out the ass for it. A ton of pharmacies offer tiny little 500g tins of protein, but again, horribly overpriced and useless in such small quantities. I've been here for over a year and this is unfortunately the reality of the sports supplement scene in Chiang Mai.

Try http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/index.php?language=en for most of that stuff. I know you said you can't buy online, but they have a cash on delivery payment method (if you know anyone in bangkok) or you can deposit money in their Thai account and they will deliver it to you in Chiang Mai. I'll be shocked if you can find Andro anywhere in Thailand however. (If you do, pm me, i've looked everwhere)

Your last chance, although I couldn't be bothered, is to make some friends with the personal trainers at Fitness Thailand (in Icon Plaza). Those boys are jacked and I have no doubt they buy protein and other supplements in bulk somewhere cheap, as they must go through at least 5-7 kilos of the stuff a month judging by their size (not cheap on a Thai salary, and I doubt they pay retail for it :) ).

As for me, I eat 8 eggs and a chicken every day, spread out across my meals. Gets the job done.

I know this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but Supplements just haven't hit here like they have in the west, yet.

Best of luck.

-N