Many Changes At Pattaya Immigration

Many Changes at Local Immigration

2181_a.jpg

Pol. Maj. Pol. Maj. Gen Sakda Chuenpagdee, Immigration Division 3 Superintendent (Middle) and Pol. Col. Athiwit Kamolrat (second from left) officially opened the Chonburi Immigration Office among VIP guests from both government and private sectors.

Pattaya Immigration located at Jomtien Beach Road Soi 5 is now called Chonburi Immigration.

Under Superintendent Police Colonel Athiwit Kamolrat, the former Pattaya office has expanded its services and efficiency to the point that it is a model for all Immigration Bureau offices in Thailand and as such is deemed powerful enough to control all three offices in the region: Sriracha, Pattaya and Koh Sri Chang.

The new Deputy Superintendent for the new Chonburi headquarters located in Jomtien is serving under the well-liked and honest Superintendent Athiwit (formerly known as Anonnat). His name is Police Lt. Colonel Pakpong Saiubol and he transferred from the Sriracha Immigration Bureau office to be promoted as second in command at the new regional headquarters.

The website is also new. Now inquiries are to be directed to www.chonburiimmigration.com. Police Major General Sakda Chuenpagdee, Superintendent of Immigration Bureau Region 3 made the announcements at the unveiling of the new sign touting the new name "Chonburi Immigration."

Also, twenty strong supporters, Thais and foreigners, were awarded plaques for their contributions to help improve the immigration Bureau with community support. Among them were the owners of Pattaya Times Media Corporation, European Safety Concepts, Beach Properties, Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, Final Wave, the British Honorary Consular of Pattaya, the German Honorary Consular of Pattaya, PAPPA Co., Ltd. Legal and Visa Service, the Welcome Hotel and Siam Royal View.

9357eed1eb947c57935bff33482a6d1f.jpg

Buddhist monk sprinkled holy water to the guests who attended the ceremony for good luck.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Sakda Chuenpagdee said, "I'd like to congratulate the three immigration offices in Chonburi for being merged as one, today, after they have been managed individually and controlled by the central command center in Bangkok. But, practically, these three similar organizations need to work together collectively in order to be most effective. Therefore, the National Police Department decided to merge the three organizations in order to benefit both officials and the people and to reduce confusion and complexity in the future."

General Sakda continued, "I do hope and expect all immigration police and officials to perform duties on a cooperative and service minded basis including using the approach form of information, in order to be accepted by people, private and government organizations. In addition, every immigration police officer and all officials should observe the policies issued by the National Police Department as the key to success."

Expats and tourists can still contact the same Immigration Office location, which is now being operated under the new immigration label of 'Chonburi Immigration Bureau'.

pattayatimeslogo.png

-- Pattaya Times 2009-10-24

Cannot see the point of a website aimed at non Thai people written in Thai?

Maybe you can't.

Maybe you are handicapped in some way?

I assure you it is very logical.

Just like Thai language advertisements in the Bangkok Post or the Nation.

Also very logical.

Just like the entire manning of a Tourist Police bureau somewhere in Thailand not speaking any language but Thai.

Which must indeed be the summum of logical thought.

Edited by hansnl

What's wrong with this picture....a Thai Immigration web site in the Thai language covering a heavily populated farang area who's native or common interface language is English. While I'm sure all immigrants would love to have good understanding of the Thai language, most of us may have a good understand of spoken Thai but not of written Thai. An English version/button would definitely be a good start for an immigration web site. And lord knows the Google Translation tool provides a very crude Thai translation at best...and the Google translation is completely wrong/comical many times.

What's wrong with this picture....a Thai Immigration web site in the Thai language covering a heavily populated farang area who's native or common interface language is English. While I'm sure all immigrants would love to have good understanding of the Thai language, most of us may have a good understand of spoken Thai but not of written Thai. An English version/button would definitely be a good start for an immigration web site. And lord knows the Google Translation tool provides a very crude Thai translation at best...and the Google translation is completely wrong/comical many times.

I think the main reason for having the website is for all the paid advertising on it. The people who pay for the advertising are the handicapped people "hansnl" is referring to as there is very little change a tourist is going to view the site.

Immigration offices are known world over for being unfriendly, but Thailand must be pretty near to taking first prize.

Phuket immigration website is another one, absolutely not one word of English.

http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/index.php

Samui immigration does have English, but I guess they used Google translate to create it judging on the following gem:

The main objectives of Samui Immigration works is people stability and very warm mind of services.

So an effectiveness of works occur from we are adobe IT in used.

http://www.samui-immigration.com/index-e.htm

Actually Pattaya immigration did have a rather good English section on their website, but this site seems to be taken down when it became Chonburi immigration.

Lovely! Now they ought ot work out they have millions of pasport sized photos of all foreigners and even more copies of our passport/visa/entry stamp etc etc that I wonder where they can possibly store them! Every 90 days, it's the same copies...every visa extension and everytime we need something from them. What do they do with these copies? Makes me think there is nothing in their database and those computers are for games only. :)

...Immigration offices are known world over for being unfriendly, but Thailand must be pretty near to taking first prize.

True, they are very unfriendly but....

Can you imagine the type of men that go through the Pattaya office each day?

What a horrible job those staff must have. :)

//Edit: 1. Reduced quoted text. No need to quote the whole, lenghty post with multiple nested quotes. 2. Changed colour of quoted text back to what it was originally. -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro
Added edit note - Maestro

Cannot see the point of a website aimed at non Thai people written in Thai?

That's the Thai way. Makes it simple and easy for all. (To keep farangs out of the country that is)

Ask immigration a question and they will say "The answer is on the website" :)

Perhaps they are now so efficient that they will honour the law and not just make it up as they go along. It would help if that English bloke, Kenyon I think would not just act like their lackey as well. Shiny new uniforms for the top brass and some shiny new medals but bugger all changing behind the scenes.

Edited by Mercury

...Immigration offices are known world over for being unfriendly, but Thailand must be pretty near to taking first prize.

True, they are very unfriendly but....

Can you imagine the type of men that go through the Pattaya office each day?

What a horrible job those staff must have. :)

//Edit: 1. Reduced quoted text. No need to quote the whole, lenghty post with multiple nested quotes. 2. Changed colour of quoted text back to what it was originally. -- Maestro

In all honesty, I have never, ever had any problems with Pats Immigration (married and working). They have always been freindly and pretty efficient. IMHO.

There again, I have never dressed like a homeless person, been argumentative or walked with a swagger like I own the place.

Edited by Phatcharanan

I've always found them very friendly and helpful. They have to put up with a lot of aggressive people, many who don't bother to get tidied up before their visit. Recent months have shown a much improved service, my last 90 day visits I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Bless them for doing a thankless job extremely well.

i have been in this office 2 times.

there is a faramg who help people, and immigratio fficer just process the paper.

it took me 30 minutes to extend my TR visa, no question asked.

much better than in the USA where you may have to wait for 2-3 months just to get a paer telling you request has been filed and you have to wait for xx time.