Collecting My New Car Next Week. What To Expect?

SantiSuk

I ordered a new car 3 months ago and now I can pick it up next week. I want registration to be in my name.

I believe I have satisfied the dealer's requirements. Money was sent directly from my UK bank account (to evidence there can be no doubt it is mine not my TW's), passport/visa (Non Immigrant O one year) and letter of residence from embassy.

I assume that the dealer does something to initiate registration in Bangkok and then I can drive it away. I also assume that I must then go to the Amphur office relevant to my home to complete the registration process. Is this correct? What time period? My letter of residence is now 3 months out of date (but dealer saw it on ordering). Will Amphur reject this? I am not entered on my TW's tabien baan (only started living there and in Thailand 3 months ago - on a 2 months in Thailand / one month UK or business travel regime).

Do I have to get a Thai driving license quickly, now that I own a car?

I have seen some of the threads on this subject but just wanted to double-check. I noted that from one thread it seems I may have trouble registering at some Amphur offices without a tabien baan. If this happens can I choose a different Amphur office?