And The Worst Airport In The World Is ...

Kan Win

The Age

Heathrow airport has again been voted the worst airport in the world, according to a global poll of airline passengers.

The survey of members of Priority Pass, the world's leading independent airport lounge programme, included responses from 160 countries. The respondents to the annual survey have taken, on average, 17 flights in the past year.

It is a repeat of last year's result when Heathrow was still recovering from the ill-fated opening of Terminal 5, which saw passengers suffer lengthy flight delays and large numbers of lost bags.

<snip> you can read the rest on the link provided 'The Age' on top of this post. :D

And

Top 10 favourite airports

1. Singapore Changi

2. Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok Intl

3. Amsterdam Schiphol

4. Dubai World Central Intl

5. London Heathrow

6. Copenhagen

7. Zurich

8. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Intl :)

9. Seoul Incheon International

10. Frankfurt International

and

Worst airports

1. London Heathrow

2. Paris CDG

3. Los Angeles - LAX Intl

4. Frankfurt International

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Dweebs!

I love LHR.

I love it outbound as I'm off to sunnier climes.

and I love it inbound as I'm visiting friends and family and looking forward to a decent pint of beer (albeit &lt;deleted&gt;' expensive :) ).

But is it fair to compare an airport that has been around for seventy odd years plus to purpose built 20th/21st century green field sites?

Also some of these snivelling little twerps should try some really bad airports. Obviously this survey is conducted amongst the white collar business travellers who always send their subordinates into anywhere without a champagne cellar.

Several airports are high on both lists which kinda negates their findings, doesn't it?

London Heathrow is the worst and the 5th best. :D

Frankfurt is the 10th best and 5th worst... :D

Both are very very busy airports (the two busiest in the world?), so maybe that's why they're on both lists; many people with many different experiences.

If I was involved with this survey then I wouldn't be happy to put out these results; makes the company look silly and the survey pointless, IMHO...

Kan Win is clearly winding us up again. I'm surprised he didn't lob Kanchanaburi airport into the top 10 list... :)

Edited by jasreeve17

Heathrow airport has again been voted the worst airport in the world, according to a global poll of airline passengers.

Obviously the people polled haven't flown into some African airports then.

Obviously the people polled haven't flown into some African airports then.

I hate heathrow so much (not the worst tho) Much prefer Gatwick.

As for africa mmmmmmmm upington airport gets my vote for the worst.

Agree mca, and would add the International airport at Bogota. The flight pattern in and out will give a thrill as will the strip searches while awaiting to board your outbound flight.

Only if i'm allowed to watch and your female :)

Has anyone ever been to Doha (Qatar) airport? Now THERE'S a real shithole!!

Yes many a time agree not the best of airports, But i have seen worse.

It's clean and friendly cannot be a bad thing.

Edited by cyb

Just a word of warning if you use Doha airport.

Do not try pulling the wool over their eyes by buying alcohol in the dutyfree, Then trying to drink it in the smoke room. Not a good idea last july i think it was, There was two (i think english guys) and a thai woman polishing off some vodka in there.

A guy i know was going to report them, It was only after i persuaded him not to that he did not do it.

Moral is you never know who is watching there is cameras in there.

Edited by cyb

The survey of members of Priority Pass, the world's leading independent airport lounge programme, included responses from 160 countries. The respondents to the annual survey have taken, on average, 17 flights in the past year.

I just cottoned on to this bit. They, nor their respondents, obviously have never used this particular lounge at Swampy.

post-34490-1256441835_thumb.jpg

post-34490-1256441873_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality but they were eyeing me up suspiciously.

I know the Swampyphiles will squeak and twitter that exposed utilities are trendy these days but they are talking through their ar5e5. These exposed ducts and pipes are dirt traps and to make matters worse they run above the food counter.

The airport was not, and is not, finished but I bet the money for the suspended ceilings was paid in full. :)

I just cottoned on to this bit. They, nor their respondents, obviously have never used this particular lounge at Swampy.

post-34490-1256441835_thumb.jpg

post-34490-1256441873_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality but they were eyeing me up suspiciously.

I know the Swampyphiles will squeak and twitter that exposed utilities are trendy these days but they are talking through their ar5e5. These exposed ducts and pipes are dirt traps and to make matters worse they run above the food counter.

The airport was not, and is not, finished but I bet the money for the suspended ceilings was paid in full. :)

Awwwwwwwwww now come on it was always intended to be open plan :D

You're correct, i suppose we should be grateful they got the roof finished.

Anyone used Ninot Aquino airport recently? It always was my candidate for worst but I believe the new terminal is open now. Or is that just anothe urban myth? :)

You're correct, i suppose we should be grateful they got the roof finished.

Anyone used Ninot Aquino airport recently? It always was my candidate for worst but I believe the new terminal is open now. Or is that just anothe urban myth? :)

It was the cost of the roof that put paid to the ceiling to cover everything. :D

Kan Win is clearly winding us up again. I'm surprised he didn't lob Kanchanaburi airport into the top 10 list... :)

Hi 'jasreeve17',

It is too new to be put on the list. Please see below:-

original.jpg

post-3770-1256464818_thumb.jpg

Yorus truly,

Agree mca, and would add the International airport at Bogota. The flight pattern in and out will give a thrill as will the strip searches while awaiting to board your outbound flight.

Only if i'm allowed to watch and your female :)

You want to watch the bloke being strip searched while his wife/gf watches too cyb? You perv. :D

The Age

It is a repeat of last year's result when Heathrow was still recovering from the ill-fated opening of Terminal 5, which saw passengers suffer lengthy flight delays and large numbers of lost bags.

<snip> you can read the rest on the link provided 'The Age' on top of this post. :D

And

1. Singapore Changi

3. Amsterdam Schiphol

5. London Heathrow

6. Copenhagen

7. Zurich

and

Worst airports

1. London Heathrow

2. Paris CDG

Yours truly,

Spot on. Heathrow made me feel I was in a third world country. We were sent to the wrong terminal. No staff around to re direct us No shuttle bus to get us to the right terminal . Had to walk 500meters with heavy bags. Had to take lift to go underground to get to the other terminal. Lift not working. Monitors showed my flight on time but when I reached bioarding bay flight delayed. This was not shown on monitor because the staff told me it was not working properly.

Dreadful lunch on the plane. BA. Presumably prepared at Heathrow kitchens

Kuwait is a real Dung Hole, which is rather surprising for an Oil rich state.

I guess the Iraquis should have done to the Terminal what they did to several of the Aircraft, then we may have seen a nice new one rise from the ashes.

I have been using Heathrow since the 60's and have always considered it to be more akin to a Cattle Station than an Airport. I much prefer Gatwick if I can use it.

I reckon Schipol is the best in Europe by far and has been for many a year now. My personal favourite in Asia is Hong Kong. Funnily enough I liked the old one too because you could always be sure of excitement when landing there in the heavies.

The Age

And

1. Singapore Changi

3. Amsterdam Schiphol

5. London Heathrow

6. Copenhagen

7. Zurich

and

Worst airports

1. London Heathrow

2. Paris CDG

Yours truly,

Spot on. Heathrow made me feel I was in a third world country. We were sent to the wrong terminal. No staff around to re direct us No shuttle bus to get us to the right terminal . Had to walk 500meters with heavy bags. Had to take lift to go underground to get to the other terminal. Lift not working. Monitors showed my flight on time but when I reached bioarding bay flight delayed. This was not shown on monitor because the staff told me it was not working properly.

Dreadful lunch on the plane. BA. Presumably prepared at Heathrow kitchens

Ah! B A lost my business forever back in 1979 when I took a 1 hour flight from Gatwick to Newcastle to attend a meeting and when I returned to the Airport for the return flight the same evening I was informed by a snooty member of desk staff that all flights were cancelled for 48 hours owing to a Cabin Crew walkout.

That left me with the only option of getting to Newcastle Railway Station and returning to Kings Cross, a Taxi across to Victoria and another Train journey down to Gatwick to collect my car. Never again will they get a penny from me I vowed then........and they never have since.

Hi 'jasreeve17',

It is too new to be put on the list. Please see below:-

original.jpg

post-3770-1256464818_thumb.jpg

Yorus truly,

:D

Good stuff Kan Win.

I always come up from Thonburi by train; I was looking for an alternative, so thanks for the heads up. :D