Renewal Of Thai Driving Licence With Ed Visa

bushke

My thai driving license was expired about one and half months ago. I got my first driving license in Ubon Ratchathani at that time i had a non imigrant O visa.

Now i stay in Bangkok and i have currently a 3 months ED visa (i took the class for 1 year so the visa will be extended every 3 months).

What do i have to do to get the licence renewed for 5 years?

All help would be appreciated.

Hey,

Here's a post I just made on the pinned topic of Thai Driver's Licenses at the top of this forum. I won't post it again, but here's the link to it.

Two of the group I took had ED visas and were on 90 day extensions of stay and they got their licenses no problem..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Applying-1-a...25#entry3103745

I have been denied a confirmation of address at immigration. They said because i did not make an extension on my ED visa they could not give it to me.

Does anyone know how much time i have to renew the driving license? The lady at immigration thought that it had to be renewed within 1 month but she was not sure.

I have been denied a confirmation of address at immigration. They said because i did not make an extension on my ED visa they could not give it to me.

Does anyone know how much time i have to renew the driving license? The lady at immigration thought that it had to be renewed within 1 month but she was not sure.

I just renewed mine it had expired in February 2008, because it had expired more than 12 months ago i had to do the theory test, i passed and was then given a 5yr licence.

I was under the impression if it had of expired less than 12 months ago it would have been a straight forward renewal with not test required.

Dont bring any documentation. Go to the office and tell them that your licence expired and you need to renew it. The only think they are interested in is if you had any accedents or repeat violations your first year. The only thing they asked me is if i still lived at the same addrress. But i cannot remember how long mine was expired either.