Permanent Residence Certificate

wineman

Hi,

Anyone know if it's still possible to get a Permanent Residence Certificate please?

What exactly do you mean?

You have permanent residency, or you can have a residency certificate. Two different things!

The first one allows you to stay in Thailand without having to worry about visa's the second thing is what you need if you want to register a vehicle or want to apply for a Thai driving license...

Hi,

THai helps

Anyone know if it's still possible to get a Permanent Residence Certificate please?

Lets see don't think they have issued any since September 19, 20006, ring a bell? Basic requirements 3 years same work permit paying tax's, taxes like 70k a month not 3k. Being married helps dependents help speaking reading and writing Thai big help. Doing work in the community, temple, school, charity. OK still care to try?

Hi,

What exactly do you mean?

You have permanent residency, or you can have a residency certificate. Two different things!

The first one allows you to stay in Thailand without having to worry about visa's the second thing is what you need if you want to register a vehicle or want to apply for a Thai driving license...

The OP did clearly say PERMENENT Residence as far as I could see.

Hi,

THai helps

Lets see don't think they have issued any since September 19, 20006, ring a bell? Basic requirements 3 years same work permit paying tax's, taxes like 70k a month not 3k. Being married helps dependents help speaking reading and writing Thai big help. Doing work in the community, temple, school, charity. OK still care to try?

Is that really the case....from what I have read, no need to work or show taxes, just be married ,with maybe dependents do your 3 unbroken extensions and apply...this is residency and not citezenship we are discussing???

Hi,

THai helps

Is that really the case....from what I have read, no need to work or show taxes, just be married ,with maybe dependents do your 3 unbroken extensions and apply...this is residency and not citezenship we are discussing???

How much you want to wager??? It an't going happen!!! :)

Hi,

THai helps

How much you want to wager??? It an't going happen!!! :)

None have been issued for a few years but so many people I have talked are put off even trying as they have been told things like only 100 people a year in total...will cost over a million baht and other excuses....yet there are quite a few TV members that have aquired it...would be good to hear from them...maybe this should be moved to Visa forum

Good link and very informing just one little problem all the post are dated 2006-15-09 HUM! Like I said what happen on 2006-19-09. Now I'm not saying that there has not been somebody that got lucky but for everyone else... :D Oh and the whining on the 100 per, yea thats mentioned so read close. I remember when I could not get my way with a parent so I would go ask the other one hoping for a better answer. OK Mods move this to the visa form :)

Good link and very informing just one little problem all the post are dated 2006-15-09 HUM! Like I said what happen on 2006-19-09. Now I'm not saying that there has not been somebody that got lucky but for everyone else... :D Oh and the whining on the 100 per, yea thats mentioned so read close. I remember when I could not get my way with a parent so I would go ask the other one hoping for a better answer. OK Mods move this to the visa form :)

The topic is still alive as last post is on "Today, 2009-10-27 12:15:02" the OP still replies and helps people.

Fact is that Immigration still accepts the applications but no approvals have been signed by the Minister of Interior sinds 2006.

Those who applied and have been accepted by Immigration our now able to stay in Thailand as long as they have not been rejected by the Interior Ministery and get a stamp in their passport that allows them to stay here untill they do get an answer.

Getting a PR has nothing to do with luck and does not cost any money under the table unless you have a "creative lawyer who needs a new car".

It's a point system and how much tax you paid is not a demand set in stone, I did not pay 70k per month.

The 100 people is per Nationality/Country and I do not believe that rule has been an issue for anyone.

Now you go and read it again.

But you are right on 1 thing, nobody has received a PR sinds 2006.

I have PR so I guess I know what I am talking about.

What will the permanent residency really give you? I mean except that you can stay as long as you want without applying for a new visa and cross the borders as many times as you want?

Like something mentioned below:

--------------------------------

- Land ownership

- Voting rights

- work permit

- Majority owner of thai company

(btw haven't checked out that old thread but will do)

What will the permanent residency really give you? I mean except that you can stay as long as you want without applying for a new visa and cross the borders as many times as you want?

Like something mentioned below:

--------------------------------

- Land ownership

- Voting rights

- work permit

- Majority owner of thai company

(btw haven't checked out that old thread but will do)

It will give you not much other advantages, apart that some paperwork is a bit easier when you have PR.

Still cannot own land.

No voting rights.

Still need a work permit, although for PR holders they are pretty easy to get.

Cannot be a majority owner in a company.

For all of the above you would need to get Thai citizenship.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a resident for 19 years now. Cost 25000bt then.

The only benefits are not having to obtain new visa every year + the ability to enter National parks and other establishments (most anyway) at the Thai entry fee.

Have probably broken even now costwise, but at the fees imposed today, it would take forever for it to be worthwhile.

Actually the biggest advantage is not having to worry about visa's.

Unfortunately in Thailand that can be a rather big worry for some, as immigration laws and requirements can change several times a year!

What got you your 1 year extension last time, might not get it next time! Rather uncomfortable feeling if you have a family here, or own a condo etc...

I've been a resident for 19 years now. Cost 25000bt then.

The only benefits are not having to obtain new visa every year + the ability to enter National parks and other establishments (most anyway) at the Thai entry fee.

Have probably broken even now costwise, but at the fees imposed today, it would take forever for it to be worthwhile.

I really don't see any advantage of having permanent I get into all national parks and venues at Thai prices. A yellow Tambien Ban does that for you, and at most places all you need is a Thai drivers license. Years ago the price was reasonable, but today I think it's some where around 197,000 Baht. If your 50+ a retirement visa is no problem, and if you are younger get a non O visa and travel once a year to renew.

Barry