Bangkok General

Garret

I just found out that Bangkok General is coming to Hua Hin.... I found this out from the Dr's and Nurses at San Paolo......IT'S ABOUT TIME!.......

If its the same Bangkok Hospital as the one in Samui (Bangkok Samui) then make sure you have International Insurance as they charge the same prices as we pay in Western developed Countries. (They also own Bangkok Airways).

They are a rip off.

I just found out that Bangkok General is coming to Hua Hin.... I found this out from the Dr's and Nurses at San Paolo......IT'S ABOUT TIME!.......

I've been hearing this for two years and so far no signs that it is really happening. Did she say where exactly so that we can see building construction has begun?

Yeah have heard this for quite some time as well now. When I got my latest health insurance I was advised to go for the super ultra platinum package because Bangkok Hospital would "soon" open a branch in Hua Hin. I think the broker said something like 9000 baht pr night, so my insurance covers that now. Bring on the hospital!

The nurses did tell my wife...I will try and post the location later. They lost a bunch of nurses from San Paolo as they all went to Bkk to get further certification so they will be able to work at the new hospital.

9000b a night sounds expensive...My Mom is paying about 30,000 a day at Bumrungrad at the moment...her last bout there cost about 5 million. The 9000b would most likley be for the room only and not nursing meds or DR fee's.

I tried to have my Mom managed in the local hospitals but they cannot really do everything or have the right blood types and or meds. The local hospitals all wanted to refer after about 7 days....They have a real solid reputation for doing more harm then good.

The most important thing to have is good insurance period. I have friends that have been living here for years and actually place there faith in the local medical establishment....Fine for band-aid care or for food poisoning but a death sentance for most serious ailments.....The bigger hospitals are the only places that will be able to save mostlives.

The local Dr taking careof her worked 18hrs a day . lived at the hospital and never had a day off. He saw her 3 min in the morn and 3 min at night. Thats all the time the poor guy had. In Bumrungrad she has 7 doctors and each one speaks perfect english.

I looked into an ex-pat insurance pakage and for me at 47 it was 23.000b a year...compared to what I pay for my BLUE CROSS at 85.000b a year a real deal.

9000b a night sounds expensive...My Mom is paying about 30,000 a day at Bumrungrad at the moment...her last bout there cost about 5 million. The 9000b would most likley be for the room only and not nursing meds or DR fee's.

Yes the 9000 baht was just for the room itself. Would be cheaper to get a suite at Sofitel :)

• 3 weeks later...
The nurses did tell my wife...I will try and post the location later. They lost a bunch of nurses from San Paolo as they all went to Bkk to get further certification so they will be able to work at the new hospital.

I tried to have my Mom managed in the local hospitals but they cannot really do everything or have the right blood types and or meds. The local hospitals all wanted to refer after about 7 days....They have a real solid reputation for doing more harm then good.

The most important thing to have is good insurance period. I have friends that have been living here for years and actually place there faith in the local medical establishment....Fine for band-aid care or for food poisoning but a death sentance for most serious ailments.....The bigger hospitals are the only places that will be able to save mostlives.

The local Dr taking careof her worked 18hrs a day . lived at the hospital and never had a day off. He saw her 3 min in the morn and 3 min at night. Thats all the time the poor guy had. In Bumrungrad she has 7 doctors and each one speaks perfect english.

I looked into an ex-pat insurance pakage and for me at 47 it was 23.000b a year...compared to what I pay for my BLUE CROSS at 85.000b a year a real deal.

It will be located almost across from the Condochain on Petchkasem Rd about 1/4 kilometer south of Market Village on the west side of the road. They have started clearing the parcel (a friend of mine sold them the property) and have gotten their approval to build with i believe 45 beds.