Have You Seen New Tv Show In English

pongster303

I happen to come across an interesting TV show in English on UBC 97 on weekday mornings about 7 am to 9 am. It's a news analysis program about stories in Thailand carried out in English. I would like to recommend it to farangs living in Thailand and dying for info about Thai affairs in English. Pretty comprehensive program and the two hosts are quite funny. At times they go on about something too long but overall, it's not bad. If you have the time, do check it out. :o

Don't have UBC. Is that a show produced by UBC? or is it a transmittal of another channel? I'm amazed that we now have 16 channels in Thai on my cable TV.  What is the name of the channel with this show?

Good question SJ - I can't find a UBC 97 on my set. Also keen to find out more about this show.

Don't have UBC. Is that a show produced by UBC? or is it a transmittal of another channel? I'm amazed that we now have 16 channels in Thai on my cable TV.  What is the name of the channel with this show?

Good question SJ - I can't find a UBC 97 on my set. Also keen to find out more about this show.

My box only goes up to Ch 60. :o:D

It's called "GOOD MORNING",and it's on the Thai outlook channel,7o'clock to 9o'clock,in the morning .It's very iformative ,a good show,they have some good guests' :o

It's called "GOOD MORNING",and it's on the Thai outlook channel,7o'clock to 9o'clock,in the morning .It's very iformative ,a good show,they have some good guests'

Channel 11 also has an English-language news broadcast around 10:30 at night, which is probably a better schedule for most of you guys. The exact time seems to move around slightly depending on other programming, but it's a western style news-weather-sports show that runs about forty-five minutes. The presenters are quite good, at least by local standards. Worth catching.

Edited by OldAsiaHand

It's called "GOOD MORNING",and it's on the Thai outlook channel,7o'clock to 9o'clock,in the morning .It's very iformative ,a good show,they have some good guests' :o

Hmm.... Thai Outlook Channel?... interesting... and yet another Thai channel. Unfortunately it's not one of 16 Thai channels I now get on our cable TV, but then again our lineup changes almost on a monthly basis, so perhaps they'll pick it up soon. Thank you for your responses.

Channel 11 also has an English-language news broadcast around 10:30 at night, which is probably a better schedule for most of you guys. The exact time seems to move around slightly depending on other programming, but it's a western style news-weather-sports show that runs about forty-five minutes. The presenters are quite good, at least by local standards. Worth catching.

hahahaha... I'm sorry, but Channel 11 "Newsline" is laughable. Amateurish hosts misspeaking about non-news items. Their "news" is so sanitized by government censors, it's hardly worth a view. About the only thing worthwhile is their stock market and currency exchange reports (their business correspondent is the only reporter with a clue).

hahahaha... I'm sorry, but Channel 11 "Newsline" is laughable. Amateurish hosts misspeaking about non-news items. Their "news" is so sanitized by government censors, it's hardly worth a view. About the only thing worthwhile is their stock market and currency exchange reports (their business correspondent is the only reporter with a clue).

I have to agree, "Newsline" is a useless show and yes, the hosts are ridiculous.

I have seen the show "This Morning in Thailand" already. I have UBC Platinum and can receive it on channel 97. I understand also that if you have UBC satellite you can receive it as well. It is under the channel TGN (Thai Global Network) owned by Channel 5.

Yeah if you can check it out I recommend it. The conversation is interesting and very opposite Newsline as they all express their opinions. The show is hosted by two women and one guy sometimes comes on. I find the guy probably the best in his views.

It's called "Good MORNING",and it's on the Thai outlook channel,7o'clock to 9o'clock,in the morning .It's very iformative ,a good show,they have some good guests' :D

Sorry ,this morning. :o

I have to agree, "Newsline" is a useless show and yes, the hosts are ridiculous.

I have seen the show "This Morning in Thailand" already. I have UBC Platinum and can receive it on channel 97. I understand also that if you have UBC satellite you can receive it as well. It is under the channel TGN (Thai Global Network) owned by Channel 5.

Yeah if you can check it out I recommend it. The conversation is interesting and very opposite Newsline as they all express their opinions. The show is hosted by two women and one guy sometimes comes on. I find the guy probably the best in his views.

hahahaha.. I love the confusion of Thailand. :o:D

see, I do receive TGN, but not TOC (Thai Outlook Channel), on our cable TV

line-up (it's one of the 16), but I've not noticed this show before. I'll make it a point to look in specifically tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the added info.

Well, hahahaha yourself. I think you've got your head waaaaaay up your butt on this one, pal. This ain't New York. It's not even Toledo. The anchors will never make it onto CNN, I know, but --- and I use this phrase for the second time --- "by local standards" they're just fine.

And as for the news being "sanitized," well golly, no kidding? Gee, I never thought of that when I was watching Channel 11, just like I never think of it when I read the Bangkok Post. Duh.

Well, hahahaha yourself. I think you've got your head waaaaaay up your butt on this one, pal. This ain't New York. It's not even Toledo. The anchors will never make it onto CNN, I know, but --- and I use this phrase for the second time --- "by local standards" they're just fine.

And as for the news being "sanitized," well golly, no kidding? Gee, I never thought of that when I was watching Channel 11, just like I never think of it when I read the Bangkok Post. Duh.

Let's put it this waym, this may not be the United States, but the professionalism should still be there. Whw says the anchors on CNN are good anyways?

sheesh.... calm down old-timer. I simply saying if the show is a joke and the news isn't news, why bother? I'd rather spend a half-hour cleaning the grout in the bathroom.

To compare, try the NationChannel "Newsroom" show at 8:30pm every night. The newscasters, noting your "local standards" are infinitely better and the news is really the news.

Sorry if I got your blood pressure up.

I dont know if it is of interest but i have just paid a one off payment of £4.95 for ''sky tv on pc'' type this into google or try Copy & Paste this link

http://www.skytvonpc.com/index.htm

this is for information and lincs on how to get tv on your computer.

you could find the links your self but they give you all the lincs, over 800.

its quite good for news-- live on sky and sport, foot ball etc

:o

How can anybody out there say 'It's fine' It's rubbish. It's DUBBED. I don't want to break the news (sorry pun) to you,but those girls are not speaking. Someone else is doing it for them. There is only one explaination for a new show in English to be not in English...........................TIT

I like FOX news. Its so bad its laughable. Maybe Newsline have taken their inspiration from this shocking exhibition on American News 'Entertainment'!!

Im happy with BBC world, by far the best news channel. If i want to know all the local news, ill just have to learn to read Thai. Or get the maid to tell me. :o

Good point. The news here (Thailand) and all over the world for that matter, is so censored that I've stopped reading the papers or watching it on TV.

Sometimes check on the computer for un-censorable info. like earthquakes or the possible rise of Bt 1 in the bus fare, etc.

Radio Bangkok on this website is pretty good too.

Good point.  The news here (Thailand) and all over the world for that matter, is so censored that I've stopped reading the papers or watching it on TV.

Sometimes check on the computer for un-censorable info. like earthquakes or the possible rise of Bt 1 in the bus fare, etc.

Radio Bangkok on this website is pretty good too.

Hey nice to know that there is some more programing in english, I have noticed that 93 on UBC has new programs in english and now 97 is the history channel

the two hosts on the 'this morning in thailand' are actually speaking english.. i am pretty sure... it wasnt dubbed....i think you might have to check your telly cos there might be somehting wrong there...

You're right pongster, actually the hosts are speaking english.....well at least one of them is. The other one who the heck knows what she is speaking. As for myself I kinda like the guy I think his opinion really hits the point.