Consumption And Air-con Issues With The Honda Civic

angustan

I got my 1.8l Civic for over 3 months now and has been having these problems and wondering if other civic owners faces the same problems or know ways to fix it.

(1) Fuel Consumption - Every full tank i can only do about 260KM which is 6.5kmpl!! which is really bad for a 1.8l car even if all my traveling is city traveling and not highway. If i do highway traveling sometimes, i could get about 400km on a full tank..... i have a feeling this is not normal for the civic... anyway got any similar experience or solutions

(2) Air-Con - When i got my car new, after a week or so, i parked my car under the hot sun and when i get in the car and turn on the engine, followed by the air-con to cool down the car, the air-con was only blowing out hot-air even after 15-20 mins of the engine running (i checked all the settings to make sure its turned to air-con). And every time i parked under the sun, the air-con will stop being cold even after i have driven the car on the road for 30 mins. I sent it to Honda and they fixed it the first time round and now the problem is back again....

Because of these 2 problem, i'm thinking of selling it and my faith in honda cars is now really bad (i always had good impressions of Honda cars).

Pls share if you have the same problems or ways to fix it. Thanks!

Cheers

Might be one put together on monday morning. Happens sometimes with all the makes and models.

I have two years old 2.0 and it had problems with driver door not closing or should i say working as it should and also breaks had some air in them. They fixed the breaks at first try but for the door i had to tell them couple of times during scheduled maintenance before it was rectified. But overall very happy with it.

Take it to Honda and demand that it will be given full and complete check and overhaul or money back. Not to mention giving you a replacement car while they are fixing it. And better to visit one of their biggest service centers you can find.

thanks guys for the feedback.... yes its indeed alarming! the consumption is really bad, and now the air-con is even worse, when i'm stuck in a traffic jam, the air-con just becomes almost non-existence and is blowing out sem-cold air despite me turning the temp control up to the max..... yup i should definitely bring it in and ask for a replacement car while they do a thorough check on the car

Also take it to a different garage/dealer. Make sure you explain that you were very unhappy with the 1st one and have been recommended to go there. Surprising what a bit of bullshit can achieve.

Funny thing when i got my Ford Ranger, I to thought i had duff air it was only after having a look at the book after like 4 days ( it's in Thai so i never bothered before) I realized that i had been turning the knob the wrong way. Did i feel like an arse......yes i did :)

Allan