New LG Monitor has lost Red Colour

cmjc

I bought a Laser T-Speed desktop computer from Tesco-Lotus in Sept. 2004

and I've been very pleased with it since then. It is still under warranty.

But the LG Studioworks 700s 17" CRT Monitor has suddenly lost all its red colour. (P/N C7-01-00065; S/N LM471100552)

So that red text appears black.

I think it is a problem with the cathode tube. I've taken great care

with the system. And haven't changed anything recently.

It works OK for an hour or so, then all red disappears.

If you switch it off, it regains it's colour after it has cooled down for an hour or so.

I don't have air conditioning, just a fan is sufficient near Chiang Rai. It's not hot enough to justify AC.

And my adjacent Samsung monitor works fine.

I emailed laser-computers.com through their website, but have received no reply in two days.

I'd prefer to email them rather than have a frustrating time on long-distance hold using their phone number (02 214 3000), does anyone have a contact email for somebody sensible at Laser computers Thailand?

This is my first new computer system. I chose Laser when I saw how sturdy they were in my local cybercafe, but it appears I got a faulty one.

If somebody from Laser could respond to this I'd be most grateful.

Colin

Edited by cmjc

im sure there must be some laser service center in chang rai area...

just show up at their service center with the defected monitor...thats gotta work...

it seems like there is something wrong with the temperature/voltage settings in the monitor....likely to be a minor problem...

Ta for the suggestion DD, but I'd rather liase with Laser Head Office first. They could advise the local Agent to expect me. That way the warranty won't be jeapordized by some Johnny with a fast-screwdriver.

Also Agents can be a bit shirty unless you bought the kit from them.

Temperature-voltage control eh?

I wonder if the recent hours-long electricity power failures have anything to do with it. Might it sort itself out if I wait?

LG have a good reputation, I'm really suprised this monitor has gone on the blink.

I'm still looking for a sensible email address for laser-computers.com ... anybody help?

Ta!

Colin

me personal experience says here in thailand u dont need to worry abt waranties n stuff....

even if u dont have the invoice/waranty card ther fix it for u...

yr case isint some big thing that uve gotta contact the head office first and they would ask the service center to expect u..

u just goto any outlet where they sell laser computers(prefebly where u bought it from) ask them about the service center...they r likely to call the service center and speak on your behalf in thai....

its very unlikely that your monitor would sort out by itself...this could onlyn be if your area still has some voltage problems...but very unlikely to get a voltage higher then what u should get...

mailin the headoffice wont help u a lot...customer service over email(that too in english) is not good here...in some cases unheard off..

The lack of good after sales service is one good reason to not buy high ticket items at these super stores. In CM, Siam TV would have been to your house and either fixed it or replaced it by now, in most cases...

I know what you mean DD, and you are probably right in this case.

But, I have had some good email replies before from Thai businesses.

So I'd like to try that first.

I've not phoned them yet, Ajarn, so I wouldn't criticise Laser Computers service yet. I'm just trying to get an email address to use rather than phoning them.

Anyone help?

It happen to a friend ( well similar problem ) , we took the unit back to pantip and the shop did reset something in setup .

flick flick flick and everything went back to normal ...

I know Pantip's reputation, but there are some gems in there if you know where to look.

The bloke who used to have a stall on the 4th floor, 'Sendai Computers' was an honest chap.

He's done so well, he's moved out of there now.

I've tried degaussing, but no joy. And there doesn't seem to be anything in the computer OS setup ( Win 98 or Linux) that stops the red fading out after an hour or so.

I think the problem is in the monitor itself, and if I take the back off, it'll invalidate the warranty.

LG Thailand have replied to my email, (though not Laser-computers.com yet).

LG gave me a helpline number so I'll try that today. THough strictly, it's Laser's monitor, they simply 'badge' LG's kit.

Here it is for anyone in future:

LG Thailand Customer Info Centre: 02 204 1888

LG Thailand Chinag Mai: 053 215 823

Still be helpful to get a sensible email address for Laser-computer.com, the one on their webiste is black-holed apparently...

For those who like a happy ending... And to counter Ajarn's comments about buying from Superstores...

Watch out for this in the Bangkok Post...

Q/

More Good News About Laser

Thank you Database for helping me to get my new LG monitor replaced.

I bought it as part of a Laser Computers system from Saraburi Tesco-Lotus six months ago, but when the monitor lost it's red colour I'd already moved house to Chiang Rai.

However, with Tony Waltham's team's help, I emailed Khun Montien, Manager of Laser Computers, and he arranged for me to swap my monitor for a new one in Chiang Rai. I picked it up the next day, no hassle, and no charge, from Big C store, because we don't have a Tesco-Lotus in Chiang Rai.

I'm very pleased with the excellent service I've received from Laser Computers, and I'd be grateful if you inform your readers, so they too can support Thailand's home grown computer manufacturer.

I'd like to see Laser out perform the foreign brand names both in quality and service.

Dr. Colin

/Q

NB: It was a Korean monitor made in Indonesia that failed, not a Thai one :o