Uniden "walk Around Cordless Telephones"

john b good

The Uniden brand are IMO close to the best of these telephones.

Has anyone seen them on sale in Chiang Mai "or even Bangkok" for that matter.

They come in about ten or more models but I don't expect to see much of a choice here in Thailand.

Edited by john b good

May bee because most of them come from The US and are not allowed in Thailand because working on 40Mhz this is only restricted to the ARMY. They are not approved by the NTC.

But I have seen that TOT in Carefoure shopping center has wireless phones for around 1500 Bath.

May bee because most of them come from The US and are not allowed in Thailand because working on 40Mhz this is only restricted to the ARMY. They are not approved by the NTC.

But I have seen that TOT in Carefoure shopping center has wireless phones for around 1500 Bath.

I am not sure where the 40 MHz comes in but this came up on a google search.....

The four most common frequencies today are 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz and DECT 6.0:

900 MHz Currently the most common frequency for cordless phones, 900MHz phones may offer a greater range than other frequencies. However, the 900MHz spectrum is cluttered and may result in interference with baby monitors and other 900MHz cordless phones. Radio scanners can also easily pick up this band.

2.4 GHz 2.4GHz phones offer better clarity and security than 900MHz, but may experience some interference with microwave ovens and wireless networking (wi-fi) products.

5.8 GHz The most advanced cordless phones available, 5.8GHz phones transmit on a new, open frequency and have the least chance for interference. They will not interfere with wireless networking (wi-fi) products.

DECT 6.0 DECT 6.0 operates on the 1.9GHz frequency. Though newly approved in the US, this frequency has been used for many years in Europe and can increase call clarity and security. The wi-fi friendly DECT technology easily integrates into homes with wi-fi and internet services because the 1.9GHz frequency is exclusive to DECT, making it interference free for cordless communications.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Thailand uses a different frequency from every other country on the planet :)

And if this is the case what exactly is the frequency here in Thailand ?

I am not sure where the 40 MHz comes in but this came up on a google search.....

The four most common frequencies today are 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz and DECT 6.0:

Uniden have a multitude of models, and they use 1.9GHz 2.4GHz 5.8GHz and also 6.0GHz with the higher frequencies on the later more expensive models.

Why in particular a Uniden? I have always found Panasonic to be very reliable.

The models that you are referring to are also not approved by NTC in Thailand.

40Mhz comes from use in the US where most of the crappy things exist.

Then you are also right about different in Thailand not even 3G frequency apply with the rest of the world.

So best is to ask at TOT, and bringing in illegal radio equipment to Thailand thats what a cordless Telephone is.

Is a Jail term for 5 years if they Catch you. so think it over first

JBG

I have the Uniden Elite phone in Thailand (DECT 9035)

I bought it in NZ last year and brought it back with me. It works 100% here. The only thing i needed to change was the plug in phone cable from the base to the wall jack.

Call clarity is excellent. Youre correct, theres no choice in thailand when it comes to cordless phones. I like Uniden as well as Panasonic, but liked the look of the uniden so got it when i was back in nz. I wonder if i will get my ugly mug in the paper if im caught using this phone :)

uniden_dect9035_h1_m.jpg

JBG

I have the Uniden Elite phone in Thailand (DECT 9035)

I bought it in NZ last year and brought it back with me. It works 100% here. The only thing i needed to change was the plug in phone cable from the base to the wall jack.

Call clarity is excellent. Youre correct, theres no choice in thailand when it comes to cordless phones. I like Uniden as well as Panasonic, but liked the look of the uniden so got it when i was back in nz. I wonder if i will get my ugly mug in the paper if im caught using this phone :D

uniden_dect9035_h1_m.jpg

Yes DB, I saw all the Uniden range when in "gods own" a few months ago but procrastinated and didn't buy at the time. Will do so next time I visit.

And I will risk the five year jail term :)

Uniden over Panasonic! why?

I know that NZ is a pretty small market but Uniden would probably outsell all other brands combined. May be they know something 'down under'