Problem With "non Genuine Copy" Of Microsoft Works

daveb1

HELP! About 6 months ago we got a message from Microsoft saying our copy of Windows xp was not genuine so we forked out £90 for a genuine licence to upgrade it. We put in the new product key they sent us and everything was fine. Now in the last couple of weeks we keep getting messages saying our copy of Microsoft office outlook is not genuine and all documents will be marked saying it’s not genuine in 6 days unless we buy a genuine copy. Surly outlook is part of windows xp so why are we getting these messages. Microsoft’s help section is useless and frustrating as there seems no way of contacting them other than paying £46 for the privilege of talking to one of there professional help team, bugger that! Any one got any ideas on how to solve this issue

Cheers

Outlook is part of MS Office which requires a separate licence, what you paid for was the operating system licence and MS Office like most software is a stand alone package.

On the plus side Microsoft are planning to make MS Office available free via the internet sometime next year I think.

HELP! About 6 months ago we got a message from Microsoft saying our copy of Windows xp was not genuine so we forked out £90 for a genuine licence to upgrade it. We put in the new product key they sent us and everything was fine. Now in the last couple of weeks we keep getting messages saying our copy of Microsoft office outlook is not genuine and all documents will be marked saying it’s not genuine in 6 days unless we buy a genuine copy. Surly outlook is part of windows xp so why are we getting these messages. Microsoft’s help section is useless and frustrating as there seems no way of contacting them other than paying £46 for the privilege of talking to one of there professional help team, bugger that! Any one got any ideas on how to solve this issue

Cheers

Outlook Express came with my XP Pro but Outlook is indeed a part of MS Office. I do use Outlook Express but have never used Outlook so I don't know what the differences are. Maybe you can get by with Outlook Express.

I never use Outlook. I have Office in my system, which may not be genuine. Several times every day I receive a message that 'your windows may not be genuine.' It interrupts my typing. Can I get rid of the message?

PM me for the solution.