Welcome To New Members - 2552/2009

Tywais

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my first post on the Issan forum before I saw this. I find myself "settled" in That Phanom after travelling in SEA for the last couple of years. I have to be honest - I normally flinch away from the most obvious form of the ex-pat in Thailand (singlet hanging over beer gut and shiny sports shorts, maybe some tatts, a gold chain, and built like a buffalo - sorry for any offence caused to sensitive, bookish types who conform to this stereotype!). I have a big struggle learning Thai. I'm lazy, and the locals speak Lao anyway.

Things I miss from europe: grey, miserable weather and people, over-priced everything, crappy attitude, pollution, stress. And McVities digestives.

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2552/2009, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

Hi to all forum members.

I have been a regular visitor to LOS over the past 15 years or so for business, pleasure & family reasons. I relocated to Bangkok last year, and have found the forum most helpful in clarifying Thai government bureaucratic procedures and generally finding my way around.

Regards,

Mark

Hey there my fellow farangs!

23 year old Australian newbie here. Have been in Thailand for just over a month and managed to score a job at an international school, so it looks like I may be here for some time! Looking forward to posing some irrelevant questions and reading up on some of the opinions and experiences that you have shared.

cheers!

jc

• 2 months later...

Sorry for delay! :) I joined Thaivisa about 1 month ago,i think it's great!Well'i'm Italian,i want to improve my English skills,and i think freedom of the press can be found mostly on internet.I live in Thailand 5 years now,i run a small Restaurant in Koh Chang.I love this country,and i don't regret my choice,btw the pink glasses are gone forever.I want to thank all the Moderators for the patient job,and all the Contributors who have something to say.I have plenty of time at the moment,Thaivisa is filling my days.Long live The King!

well, I've been a bit rude, haven't I? been posting all day yesterday without any introduction. I was looking for an introduction area but couldnt find one until last night.

OK, I'm Tas. Actually, I'm not a farang but a Thai. So I'm not sure if I belong. But I'm gonna be หน้าด้าน and stick around here until someone chase me away. :) I was born and grew up in Thailand. Then spent another half of my life in Australia, so neither of my English nor Thai is good. LOL

Anyway, my wife and I came back from a trip to Thailand two weeks ago. Quite an adventure with all the protesting & riot. Found this forum accidentally while looking for different perspective on what went on last month in Bangkok.

well, I've been a bit rude, haven't I? been posting all day yesterday without any introduction. I was looking for an introduction area but couldnt find one until last night.

Our apologies, this topic got misplaced temporarily and was restored yesterday. For all the new members, welcome to Thaivisa and glad to have you on board. :)

Allo everyone!!

I'm new on here too,i never normally get involed in forums but have been reading this one over the last few days and have enjoeyd it.

I will be arriving in Thailand on wednesday 13th may,i will proberbly spend a couple of days in Bangkok then up to Chiang Mai where i normally stay,i have also lived in bangkok which was a laugh and the night life is good there as well but i have to say chiang mai is like my second home. :)

Hello All

So decided to join up, been reading the forum for a few weeks now.

And its seems really useful, lots of info and advice.

Got my 4th trip to Thailand planned for the end of August, cant wait.

Really thinking of living and working over there in the not to distant future so any advice would be

much welcome.

Print finisher.....exhibitions and point of sales stands etc etc by trade.

So would love give it a go, been saying this for a couple of years now.

So i say again any help would be great.

Cheers

welcome to all new members :)

hope you enjoy your stay in thailand, and discussions on the forum

its great to hear bits and pieces about each of you.

but please also make yourself aware of forum rules.

advertising for instance is not allowed, unless ofcourse you contact sales to become a sponsor of the forum :D

cheers

hi to all

see this one just today. so ...

i found you all here by looking for a bike. still not found it. but i sure will.

i did read a lot of hours already. thanks and - i like a lot of it :D . even wrote a little :) .

hope to learn a lot more in the future. and maybe will be able to give also something.

wish a good and peaceful time

Hello everyone. I am Bank, 24 years old and I am a Thai national. I found this site by accident when I was helping my boyfriend find more information (English) on what was going on during the Songkran Protests. It has proven to be informative and sometimes hilarious. Nice to meet you all. :)

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :)

Hi everyone,

I've been in Thailand nearly 4 months now and just found this site.

Good fun and helpful - what more can a man ask for.

Currently in Aonang (The town of lady bars and lady boys) but getting out as soon as. Hoping to move north for employment so will be keeping a post on any info you guys can help with.

look forward to chatting.

TT :D

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :)

hello everyone. nice to be here finally. and my, doesn't it get colourful (yes, a brit - male, 53, living on mainland europe in a big city) once you register :) - must come up with an avatar. i've been following TV regularly for a few months now and registered today because i really felt the urge to respond to someone.

either you've got the los bug, or you ain't - i've got it. spent almost a year out of the last 5 years there (i'm outta country right now and will be till next year probably - i can assure you i miss it maak maak!) a 3month stay, a 4 monther, and a handful off 3 - 8 weekers. been mostly around los, but also sniffed around camba, lao and VT a little - not a complete greenhorn now anyway. working on relocating to los in a few years but i'll let that story unfold naturally (as indeed the backstory as well). had mostly great experiences and a cuppla the inevitable bumps and scrapes. also had a nice if ultimately futile dalliance with a BeeGee from isaan which i broke off without acrimony (or bankruptcy). i'm quite happy on my own as well fortunately.

anyhow, since i can't think of anything smart or hilarious or anything else for that matter to say right now, i'll just say thanks for all the reading and the info and the sanuk. i'm a regular reader so i'll pop up from time to time i'm sure.

regds

Hi folks, been a member for around a month now, fell in love with thailand when i was 24, went with a mate who knew the ropes and his brothers. Im pretty stubborn and it wasnt till i went out on my around town.............£300 spent on a night out............that i lernt my lesson.

12 yrs and lots of trips later i hope to move there fo good.

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading Thai Visa on and off for many years and have finally decided to join. I look forward to getting to know you all. I lived in Thailand for five years when i was younger so hopefully i will be able to contribute something useful :)

Cheers,

Falcor

Edited by falcor

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading Thai Visa on and off for many years and have finally decided to join. I look forward to getting to know you all. I lived in Thailand for five years when i was younger so hopefully i will be able to contribute something useful :D

Cheers,

Falcor

Nice to have you here. Enjoy ! :)