Welcome To New Members - 2552/2009

Tywais

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Just got around to joining and I'll offer up a brief intro.

We're a married couple, originally from the UK who decided that the people running the country (BLiar and co) were heading it into the ground. So we left. Jacked our jobs, sold our shit and headed out in the car to start a life on the road. That was 1st April 2006 and we're still going strong, although the car was left behind in Slovenia when we couldn't it insured any more. If you're interested in further details of our three and a half year journey thus far, pop over to the Blog for a look see.

Anyway, we're currently in Asia and are finding it difficult to move on from here as we just love Thailand and in particular Bangkok. At some point we will have to travel on, but for the moment, we just want to make the most of what this exciting city has to offer us. We're staying in Sukhumvit and tend to come back every three or four months to get our fix.

So, that's us and I'm now off to browse a bit. :)

Wherever it gets moved to... welcome to this crazy place. Some of us are weird, but most of it's just in fun. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome. This looks like a good place to be and I look forward to joining in the fun/mayhem.

I've already had a top response to a visa enquiry I posted earlier and suspect this forum will be a great source of information. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all, after a brief amount of time reading I've taken the plunge and joined.So much to read and soak in it's going to take some time.Any way great to be on board and look forward to joining in.

Hello forum and sorry for not having posted an introduction when I first joined yesterday. I had a quick scan through the main index page looking for suitable subforums but missed the obvious at first glance.

I've just bought my ticket from Perth Au back to Thailand yesterday, and a good fellow on another forum was helping me work out how to get from Suvarnabhumi to Rayong on a bus, and mentioned the link to a topic on this forum that led me here.

I've been fairly active over the past three years on a number of forums related to Thailand, but I'd only heard about ThaiVisa and never thought to visit nor join until it was suggested yesterday. I see now that some of the questions I will have between now and my departure date, and again when I get to the old Internet Café, might already have been answered here 1,000 times before, so thanks for the advice so far already, and I look forward to regularly checking in here in the forseeable future.

Thank you.

:)

Hi everyone.

I have already made a self-introduction on Bikes in Thailand forum but I didn't notice this thread... until now.

So let me introduce myself again. I am a farang currently living in Europe (Poland) and considering moving to Thailand in the future.

I am fond of Thailand and its culture. I am also interested in the Thai language (including the Isaan dialect) - learning Thai is one of my hobbies.

I prefer spending (a part of) the winter in the Land of Smiles to trembling with cold in a frosty country.

For more information please see my profile.

Hello forum and sorry for not having posted an introduction when I first joined yesterday. I had a quick scan through the main index page looking for suitable subforums but missed the obvious at first glance.

I've just bought my ticket from Perth Au back to Thailand yesterday, and a good fellow on another forum was helping me work out how to get from Suvarnabhumi to Rayong on a bus, and mentioned the link to a topic on this forum that led me here.

I've been fairly active over the past three years on a number of forums related to Thailand, but I'd only heard about ThaiVisa and never thought to visit nor join until it was suggested yesterday. I see now that some of the questions I will have between now and my departure date, and again when I get to the old Internet Café, might already have been answered here 1,000 times before, so thanks for the advice so far already, and I look forward to regularly checking in here in the forseeable future.

Thank you.

:D

Welcome ... come on in. Participate in TV and draw whatever you need. Aussies are most welcome mate. :)

Hi everyone.

I have already made a self-introduction on Bikes in Thailand forum but I didn't notice this thread... until now.

So let me introduce myself again. I am a farang currently living in Europe (Poland) and considering moving to Thailand in the future.

I am fond of Thailand and its culture. I am also interested in the Thai language (including the Isaan dialect) - learning Thai is one of my hobbies.

I prefer spending (a part of) the winter in the Land of Smiles to trembling with cold in a frosty country.

For more information please see my profile.

:D:) Enjoy Thaivisa :D

Hi Thaivisa,

been mooching around the forums for around a year after I traveled SE Asia for 5 months and have just returned from a year in OZ (I'm from England), and start a new job in Bangkok in 10 days. So I will probably be frequenting the forum a bit more now as I live here.

I hope I will be finding it even more useful now I'm living here and look forward to my stay. :)

Cheers,

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. :)

Sorry I missed this thread, so let me introduce myself.

I'm Malaysian living in KL. To me this is the best forum coz there's a lot of useful info here (and a great football thread too). Nice people too. Hi Miss Mig. :D

Hope to make many more new friends in years to come.

Cheers. :D

Hello everyone, my name's Thomas, I'm a French national but have been living here since 1991 when I moved with my parents at the tender age of 9 :) So yeah, in many ways I've absorbed a lot of the local culture, always makes me laugh to see fellow farangs lose their mind over the Thai way of life :D

I've often hit up this forum for information pertaining to visas, immigration, and other related stuff, but I'm going to try and become a better part of the community!

I'm a bit of a movie buff, and a car fanatic. I drive a red Yaris, so if you want to know anything about these lil cars, let me know :D

I'm a bit of a movie buff, and a car fanatic. I drive a red Yaris, so if you want to know anything about these lil cars, let me know :D

A movie buff? Then you must be familiar with Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" - If so, you must keep quiet about it at all costs. Especially if you have a French Connection.

A movie buff? Then you must be familiar with Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" - If so, you must keep quiet about it at all costs. Especially if you have a French Connection.

Welcome to ThaiVisa Kitsch. :):D

Hi all

I am veeeeery new to this forum.... going to be asking loads of questions...

Currently my family and I are in Aus... possibly moving to Bangkok in Feb next year... so much i need to think of... so little i know!!

I will start a topic elsewhere to go and bug some people who will hopefully have a few minutes to advise!! (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Possibly-Moving-Bangkok-Feb-t318662.html)

Thanks

Edited by catzonly