Tt&t Must Be So Proud Of Themselves

lvxpat

Had the same problem yesterday at the office with TOT...internet came to a grinding halt. Went home to get some work done from there and from the frying pan into the fire. Now it seems to be back to normal but I won't hold my breath...

606348330.png :)

Here's my result to the same server:

post-34982-1257010056_thumb.jpg

and to Bangkok:

post-34982-1257010332_thumb.jpg

This is on a Maxnet 3Mb/1Mb Premier service.

Surely the ISP cannot be held responsible for speeds to international servers. There could have been some bottleneck in the SE Asia region holding up the speed to Phoenix?

Are you on Premier or Indy? I recently upgraded from an Indy 5Mb package (5120/512) to a Premier 3Mb package (3072/1024). It costs me 90 baht per month more but the difference is like night and day.

They claim Indy connections are shared 20 ways and the Premier only 10. They also recommend the Premier package for International users.

The 90 baht extra is the best 90 baht I've ever spent. Despite claiming a cap of 3Mb for download speed, I've managed bittorrent downloads at almost 500 kbps. Of course with bittorrents the health of the torrent is the most important issue.

I wonder if a lot of people are getting the bargain basement Internet packages expecting amazing results. There are a lot of more expensive packages available. There must be some reason why more expensive packages are available.

Here's a current price list of TT&T Internet Services available.

post-34982-1257011762_thumb.jpg

It makes sense that if people are using the Internet for business purposes they should be paying for a better package. Complaining about the performance of the cheapest packages makes no sense. Comparing prices of Internet services to those available in Western nations doesn't make much sense either. Some things do cost more in Thailand.

This you can get for 1195 Baht at any time of the day.Have wasted my time for about 5 years,at least 15 years of my life,with TOT.Getting disconnected at least 5 times an hour,and that would be the better days,and downloading at 1/10th of the speed I paid for.

post-14874-1257022106_thumb.png

post-14874-1257022111_thumb.png

post-14874-1257022118_thumb.png

This you can get for 1195 Baht at any time of the day.Have wasted my time for about 5 years,at least 15 years of my life,with TOT.Getting disconnected at least 5 times an hour,and that would be the better days,and downloading at 1/10th of the speed I paid for.

Don't gloat about it too much. You're probably just lucky to be using a new service in your area which will soon be divided amongst many. I cannot get that in my area anyway. Eventually you'll get what you pay for, which is very little. Just give it a some time.

I'm just curious why you wasted 5 years with a connection that disconnected at least 5 times an hour. I wouldn't put up with that for an hour, never mind 5 years. There are plenty of options, but most cost more.

I notice your upload speed isn't very good. You could be better off with a 2Mb/2Mb DSL HiNet connection from CAT, but that depends on what you need it for. I used to get great download speeds with Maxnet Indy for awhile but then it went bad. I had a higher download speed with Maxnet Indy than CAT (5Mb compared to 2Mb), so on paper it seemed better, but in reality the slower CAT was a much better connection.

Edited by tropo

Don't gloat about it too much. You're probably just lucky to be using a new service in your area which will soon be divided amongst many. I cannot get that in my area anyway. Eventually you'll get what you pay for, which is very little. Just give it a some time.

I'm just curious why you wasted 5 years with a connection that disconnected at least 5 times an hour. I wouldn't put up with that for an hour, never mind 5 years. There are plenty of options, but most cost more.

I notice your upload speed isn't very good. You could be better off with a 2Mb/2Mb DSL HiNet connection from CAT, but that depends on what you need it for. I used to get great download speeds with Maxnet Indy for awhile but then it went bad. I had a higher download speed with Maxnet Indy than CAT (5Mb compared to 2Mb), so on paper it seemed better, but in reality the slower CAT was a much better connection.

Why I wasted 5 years with TOT?Simple because there were no other providers available in my area.And my upload speed not very good.I don't think you can get much better on a 512 Kb connection.Also I don't worry to much about my speed going down because the connection is shared with only 12 people where as TT&T or TOT share with at least 40 people.After all it doesn't matter if it goes down a bit because I only pay for 8Mb at the moment. :)

As for CAT,what use does a normal person have from a 2 Mb upload connection.

606348330.png :)

Here's my result to the same server:

post-34982-1257010056_thumb.jpg

and to Bangkok:

post-34982-1257010332_thumb.jpg

This is on a Maxnet 3Mb/1Mb Premier service.

Surely the ISP cannot be held responsible for speeds to international servers. There could have been some bottleneck in the SE Asia region holding up the speed to Phoenix?

Are you on Premier or Indy? I recently upgraded from an Indy 5Mb package (5120/512) to a Premier 3Mb package (3072/1024). It costs me 90 baht per month more but the difference is like night and day.

They claim Indy connections are shared 20 ways and the Premier only 10. They also recommend the Premier package for International users.

The 90 baht extra is the best 90 baht I've ever spent. Despite claiming a cap of 3Mb for download speed, I've managed bittorrent downloads at almost 500 kbps. Of course with bittorrents the health of the torrent is the most important issue.

I wonder if a lot of people are getting the bargain basement Internet packages expecting amazing results. There are a lot of more expensive packages available. There must be some reason why more expensive packages are available.

Here's a current price list of TT&T Internet Services available.

post-34982-1257011762_thumb.jpg

It makes sense that if people are using the Internet for business purposes they should be paying for a better package. Complaining about the performance of the cheapest packages makes no sense. Comparing prices of Internet services to those available in Western nations doesn't make much sense either. Some things do cost more in Thailand.

I'm on Premier. Sad thing is this test was done around midnight when the kiddies should be finished playing games. The only bright side is I share the connection with a neighbor (out of town at the moment) so only pay a little over B500/mo.

Hi Basjke, I'm inerested in a constant speed of 12 MB at any time of the day (and night??). Is this TRUE in Pattaya? I have their 8MB service and it often sucks. Luckily I also have Maxnet (lol!) but it's better to have an alternative when one is out ... I would like to know more about. Can you PM me, please?

Hi Basjke, I'm inerested in a constant speed of 12 MB at any time of the day (and night??). Is this TRUE in Pattaya? I have their 8MB service and it often sucks. Luckily I also have Maxnet (lol!) but it's better to have an alternative when one is out ... I would like to know more about. Can you PM me, please?

This is indeed True Pattaya and it is the 8 Mb package.I'm now on for about 3 weeks qand I haven't regret it for 1 minute.No disconnections and a constant speed.This are the results from right now.

post-14874-1257067982_thumb.png

post-14874-1257068248_thumb.png

Edited by basjke

This is indeed True Pattaya and it is the 8 Mb package.I'm now on for about 3 weeks qand I haven't regret it for 1 minute.No disconnections and a constant speed.This are the results from right now.

Strange, I ping San Francisco, but I get only 2.50 MB down, up is approximately the same. What could the reason be? Something must be wrong, some setting, something blocking, what would be your guess? I do have frequent disconnections when I'm busy uploading to one of my websites.

Actually the CAT HiNet 2Mb/2Mb service is SDSL compared to the standard ADSL.

It comes through a dedicated line and tends to be more reliable. The modem is different than for an ADSL connection.

A friend of mine has the service which costs 2850 per month compared to my CAT Hinet 2Mb/1Mb service. It's worth the extra money.

I don't know about TOT, but Maxnet Indy is shared 20 ways, and the Maxnet Premier 10 ways.

It comes through a dedicated line and tends to be more reliable. The modem is different than for an ADSL connection.

A friend of mine has the service which costs 2850 per month compared to my CAT Hinet 2Mb/1Mb service. It's worth the extra money.

I don't know about TOT, but Maxnet Indy is shared 20 ways, and the Maxnet Premier 10 ways.

The people in the maxnet office have told me several times that Indy is share between 40 users,don't know about premier.

You still didn't answer what is the advantage of a 2 Mb upload connection.

2mbit up is good if you do backups offsite (like we do to amazon s3), gigs of files need to go up.

its also good for any other upload intensive work like web design etc, or if you have your own local server that you/your staff need access too when they're out of the office for crm or general file usage.

again on the local server, if your at home and need to access your local office network you have a good connection for it to transfer files / remote desktop to.

i'd get an shdsl connection if the price was right, but 3k isnt when i can get 1mbit upstream for half the price. 1mbit is enough for us.

and true's not in my area :)

Strange, I ping San Francisco, but I get only 2.50 MB down, up is approximately the same. What could the reason be? Something must be wrong, some setting, something blocking, what would be your guess? I do have frequent disconnections when I'm busy uploading to one of my websites.

I must correct myself. I was on Maxnet when I made the speedtest, I also have near 12MB with True. The good thing with Maxnet is that it has higher upload speed (0.80MB) than True, good for people uploading on websites.

The people in the maxnet office have told me several times that Indy is share between 40 users,don't know about premier.

You still didn't answer what is the advantage of a 2 Mb upload connection.

What's the advantage? It's pretty obvious that a higher upload speed is useful for people who upload a lot. If you could get a SDSL service for 250 baht more than the ADSL service, wouldn't you pay it? These are dedicated line services with no telephone capability.

They told me a few ago that Indy is shared 20 ways and Premier 10 ways.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...