Non O A Multiple Entry

OK you are all going to say; no way he should not have been knocked back. The fact is he was, and I don’t know why. I read all about these guys going over, coming back with a new 1 year.

I just wonder if Mea Sai knows the rule about this kind of visa, issued in Canada.

Anyone have a link to Thai immigration reference the Non Immigrant O A Multiple entry, I have searched but can’t find it. Most appreciated Thanks

If on multiple entry Non O-A visa you will get new 12 month permission to stay on re-entry whilst your visa is valid.

Maybe the immigration officer read as single entry visa and saw no re-entry permit, or is relying on the information on MFA website which is incorrect in Section 5.1. It should say you need a re-entry permit if on multiple-entry visa and leave the country in Year 2 (assuming border run done just before visa expired to give new 12 month permission to stay) to keep permission to stay alive.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

So what permission to stay is your friend on now? Need more information to advise further.

Edited by thaiphoon

1. His visa is OA and not O? And he currently has a one year permitted to stay stamp?

2. His visa is Multi entry and still valid for entry? Date of issue?

3. He received a 15 day visa exempt stamp? Or do you mean they told him before he stamped out of Thailand he could not return?

4. It could well be the officer has never seen such a visa before - and most seem to be single entry now so that may also be a factor.

Loburi you are right as usual, the officer just smiled and said only 15 days on re-entry. My friend quite clever didn’t believe him and refused to cross to Burma. He is now worried how to proceed, afraid he will lose his visa still valid. I don’t know what to advise him, do you have a link to the correct procedure? Most grateful

You have confirmed his visa is still valid? Not his permitted to stay stamp but visa (issued for multi entry less than a year ago in Canada)? And that it is marked multi entry? The official clearly did not believe the visa was valid for some reason.

Edited by lopburi3

Yes just asked the guy about the date of visa, it was issued in October. He didn’t enter Thailand until 2 December 2008, you and the immigration are right. His visa only valid until Oct 2009. I have pointed this out to him, now he must apply for extension of stay. Thanks for all your help, now which way to go? Via 800k or letter from Canadian consul. He must find out the requirement from them. OK TiT strikes again

If a problem he can obtain single entry Non-O visa from embassy/consulate abroad (KL or Penang best). That will give him 90 days permission to stay on entry, allow time for funds to season, and then apply for extension of stay during last 30 days.

Edited by thaiphoon