Anti-flu Drug Ready For New Round Of A(h1n1) Flu

webfact

Whats wrong with government stock piling anti-h1n1?

Just for accuracy: they are not stockpiling an anti H1N1 flu medicine. They are stockpiling an antiviral compound that is useful in cases of the flu.

Igor, just for accuracy, Tamiflu, Relenza, and this Oseltamivir stuff are all anti-viral, which works aganst any flu. Was that your point? Or are you saying that "anti flu medicine" is different than "anti-viral compound"? Cause that bit doesn't make sense to me.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch this space for the flood of anti-pharmaceutical ranting and claims of "It's all hype;" swine flu is not dangerous etc. etc.

Just another way for pharmaceutical companies, medical doctors & hospitals to make millions of dollars. If you are younger than 8 or below 65, you don't need these flu shots.

Watch this space for the flood of anti-pharmaceutical ranting and claims of "It's all hype;" swine flu is not dangerous etc. etc.

Just another way for pharmaceutical companies, medical doctors & hospitals to make millions of dollars. If you are younger than 8 or below 65, you don't need these flu shots.

Again, does anyone bother reading the actual article to which they are commenting? This isn't about flu shots, it's about an anti-viral treatment, Oseltamivir.

Edited by Scubabuddha

I am sure it's a typo, but wouldn't someone younger than 8 be below 65? Perhaps its just my eyes, please carry on.

No ranting but maybe you could post some examples where it is proven that it is more serious then the common flu.

I'll let you do your own homework. 1) The common flu is serious. and 2) When it first started in Mexico and the US swine flu was killing healthy people in their prime, unusual for an influenza. Everything we see here (all the press releases from various government and the WHO) are just cautionary and preventative. As every flu does, it will continue to mutate, combine with other flues. There is a very good possibility it could become more dangerous again.

that bad is it. then we should all have shots :)

This thread isn't about shots or vaccine. It's about flu treatment. Same as Tamiflu. See where is says "capsules"?

The flu had its origins in Mexico. It has been traced to the exact town and the first child to become infected. It was spread to the U.S. by some of the millions of Mexican peasants that cross the border into Texas, Arizona, N.M. & Calif. and then spread throughout the U.S.

No ranting but maybe you could post some examples where it is proven that it is more serious then the common flu.

I'll let you do your own homework. 1) The common flu is serious. and 2) When it first started in Mexico and the US swine flu was killing healthy people in their prime, unusual for an influenza. Everything we see here (all the press releases from various government and the WHO) are just cautionary and preventative. As every flu does, it will continue to mutate, combine with other flues. There is a very good possibility it could become more dangerous again.

that bad is it. then we should all have shots biggrin.gif

This thread isn't about shots or vaccine. It's about flu treatment. Same as Tamiflu. See where is says "capsules"?

The flu had its origins in Mexico. It has been traced to the exact town and the first child to become infected. It was spread to the U.S. by some of the millions of Mexican peasants that cross the border into Texas, Arizona, N.M. & Calif. and then spread throughout the U.S.

Hmmm...Thanks for the history lesson Grey11. Your point is?

Edited by Scubabuddha

I'm sure we all extend our sympathy for the loss of your family friend. But, again in the quest for accuracy, almost no one dies from the flu. They die from complications, usually pneumonia. The reasons people contract the complications can be varied such as coming in contact with a person carrying disease organisms while being weakened by the flu. Also, and this not an accusation in your case, there is evidence that many people are being diagnosed with H1N1, and many deaths are being blamed on H1N1 without testing to confirm the diagnosis. It is convenient to have something to blame.

Igor...its a fact and you know and no I dont work for a pharmaceutical company.

People which normally not would get serious sick or die of a seasonal flu, die of swine flu and it happens in Countries where the medical standard and access to treatment are much higher than here.

Everyone who get sick get tested to confirm H1N1 or not in the countries I refer to and an autopsy on they who die are also done for different reasons one of them further research on H1N1.

Blame? See above.

BTW, in the countries I refer to cold weather and snow is as normal as sun and rain is it for South East Asia. Most people do not even take a flu shot against the normal seasonal flu and enjoy to be outside even if its below minus 15C.

Whit all the research they do what should they blame it on, a bad seasonal flu!!

But if you are a real Igor you don’t jump to bed because a seasonal flu do you?

I am sure it's a typo, but wouldn't someone younger than 8 be below 65? Perhaps its just my eyes, please carry on.

Perhaps old chap I meant to give a range of between the ages of 8 and 65 very few people have had the flu nor died. It wasn't a typo. It was a screw up. :) And, by the way, I am no expert on the subject but have read many articles pro and con and have come to a conclusion of my own. If I were an MD, a stockholder or an employee of one of the pharmaceutical companies you can bet I would be pushing for everyone on the face of the earth to get a shot immediately.

Do u ever research before you post or are you just firing from the hip to get your post score up.

Swine FLU is not new it goes back to 1976 = so do a bit of research and check it out.

There are many issues with the vaccine -

nough said

Australian pharmacist spells out the dangers of Swine Flu (AH1N1) vaccinations:

I'm a qualified pharmacist. I've been researching the swine flu vaccine that our government has bought for us (using our money, by the way) and it's DANGEROUS. It's easily a hundred times more dangerous than the swine flu itself.

Something that freaked me out is that several swine flu vaccine manufacturers have asked governments to give them an exemption from lawsuits, in case the vaccine caused harm in people. If you made a vaccine that you knew worked, then why would you need a legal exemption in case it hurt people? Massive warning sign. They don't believe its safe.

The swine flu itself has killed about 2/3000 people total. The regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year – so why are we freaking out about swine flu, and not normal flu? Does that make sense? No.

If the regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year, and the swine flu only killed 2/3 000 – then why are governments buying it in advance, giving it to us for free, and giving drug manufacturers immunity to legal cases against them? Does that make sense? No.

The swine flu vaccine contains 2 horribly dangerous compounds – one is called thimerosol. It is made 50% of mercury. It binds to receptors in your brain, and basically causes brain damage. Is it smart to be injected with thimerosol, and get brain damage, dropping 10 IQ points and going dumb, in order to avoid getting a flu that kills 95% less people than regular flu? No.

The other horrible ingredient is called squalene. Squalene accidentally tricks your immune system into killing your own cells, which creates autoimmune diseases like asthma, multiple scelerosis, diabetes, and a bunch of diseases that we don't have a name for yet (because squalene hasn't been used for that long, and we have little data on its effects) – is is smart to inject yourself with that stuff, in order to avoid a relatively mild flu, like the swine flu? No.

If you're a pregnant mother about to take Panvax, ask yourself this – why would you take Panvax, when it contains Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfate – both of which exhibit positive risk to unborn children – so as to avoid what? A mild flu, that kills 95% fewer people than the regular flu?

Look, I'm a funny guy. Yeah, I make good Facebook groups. People join them by the thousands, and laugh. But I'm also a qualified pharmacist. I scored in the top 0.1% of my state in school. I'm expert at critical analysis of drugs and their effects on humans. And let me be blunt – if someone came up to me with a syringe full of swine flu vaccine, or came near my family with one – I would take the needle off them and poke them with it myself – followed by several very hard punches. This stuff is poison. Don't take it. Don't let your friends take it. Don't let your family take it. If some idiot in a lab coat asks you if you want it, ask them about thimerosol, squalene, and why the company making it wants legal exemption from being sued, and watch their face go into "omg I'm being asked serious questions that I don't have the answer to" mode.

Sincerely,

George Mamouzellos

Bachelor of Pharmacy

University of South Australia

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Perhaps old chap I meant to give a range of between the ages of 8 and 65 very few people have had the flu nor died. It wasn't a typo. It was a screw up. :D And, by the way, I am no expert on the subject but have read many articles pro and con and have come to a conclusion of my own. If I were an MD, a stockholder or an employee of one of the pharmaceutical companies you can bet I would be pushing for everyone on the face of the earth to get a shot immediately.

haha no worries mate, i agree with you. wish i had a mask factory of my own, not for the flu, just the bad breath i face on my daily commute. :)

My thoughts exactly, this whole Swine Flu thing is BS. :)

Do u ever research before you post or are you just firing from the hip to get your post score up.

Swine FLU is not new it goes back to 1976 = so do a bit of research and check it out.

There are many issues with the vaccine -

nough said

Hmmm...very vaugue post..apparently not "nough" said. (And for the fifth time, this isn't about the vaccine!!) I am not sure what position of mine you are even attacking here. Whats the age of the swine flu got to do with anything? And what are you using to define it's age? Flu strains don't just "appear" they mutate, evolve. The CDC identified A/H1N1 as a "new and novel strain" in early April, so that is the accepted "age."

Since the vaccine paranoid dilusionists can't seem keep the topic of the vaccine out of this thread about an anti-viral medication, I will reluctantly indulge.

What exactly are the issues you have with the vaccine? You mention 1976..you are probably referring to the federal vaccinations in the states that year where 40 million people received vaccinations due to, yes, a swine flu scare, and a reported 400 developed a neurological disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome. A few died from it. That's .00001 percent. It was never understood what caused the syndrome, but it has not occurred since. Some say the federal government successfully fought off a pandemic, others say it was a total fiasco. Most agree they didn't have a choice given the information they had at the time, and the goverment acted appropriately.

And as far as research before I post: Of course I do. I am no expert by any means, but I have been trained as an emergency medical technician, and they teach us a bit about this kind of thing since an EMT is often first on the scene in a serious case, especially in America where no one has health insurance and never go to the doctor until it's too late. I also have two close relatives that are medical doctors whom I enjoys gaining knowledge from any chance I get.

And I certainly don't give a crap about my post count, only the accuracy of them.

60 minutes did a pretty good report on the state of the vaccine yesterday:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-10388169-247.html

Also, info on the 1976 swine flu and vaccine "fiasco"

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html

Edited by Scubabuddha

Australian pharmacist spells out the dangers of Swine Flu (AH1N1) vaccinations: I'm a qualified pharmacist. I've been researching the swine flu vaccine that our government has bought for us (using our money, by the way) and it's DANGEROUS. It's easily a hundred times more dangerous than the swine flu itself.

Something that freaked me out is that several swine flu vaccine manufacturers have asked governments to give them an exemption from lawsuits, in case the vaccine caused harm in people. If you made a vaccine that you knew worked, then why would you need a legal exemption in case it hurt people? Massive warning sign. They don't believe its safe.

The swine flu itself has killed about 2/3000 people total. The regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year – so why are we freaking out about swine flu, and not normal flu? Does that make sense? No.

If the regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year, and the swine flu only killed 2/3 000 – then why are governments buying it in advance, giving it to us for free, and giving drug manufacturers immunity to legal cases against them? Does that make sense? No.

The swine flu vaccine contains 2 horribly dangerous compounds – one is called thimerosol. It is made 50% of mercury. It binds to receptors in your brain, and basically causes brain damage. Is it smart to be injected with thimerosol, and get brain damage, dropping 10 IQ points and going dumb, in order to avoid getting a flu that kills 95% less people than regular flu? No.

The other horrible ingredient is called squalene. Squalene accidentally tricks your immune system into killing your own cells, which creates autoimmune diseases like asthma, multiple scelerosis, diabetes, and a bunch of diseases that we don't have a name for yet (because squalene hasn't been used for that long, and we have little data on its effects) – is is smart to inject yourself with that stuff, in order to avoid a relatively mild flu, like the swine flu? No.

If you're a pregnant mother about to take Panvax, ask yourself this – why would you take Panvax, when it contains Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfate – both of which exhibit positive risk to unborn children – so as to avoid what? A mild flu, that kills 95% fewer people than the regular flu?

Look, I'm a funny guy. Yeah, I make good Facebook groups. People join them by the thousands, and laugh. But I'm also a qualified pharmacist. I scored in the top 0.1% of my state in school. I'm expert at critical analysis of drugs and their effects on humans. And let me be blunt – if someone came up to me with a syringe full of swine flu vaccine, or came near my family with one – I would take the needle off them and poke them with it myself – followed by several very hard punches. This stuff is poison. Don't take it. Don't let your friends take it. Don't let your family take it. If some idiot in a lab coat asks you if you want it, ask them about thimerosol, squalene, and why the company making it wants legal exemption from being sued, and watch their face go into "omg I'm being asked serious questions that I don't have the answer to" mode.

Sincerely,

George Mamouzellos

Bachelor of Pharmacy

University of South Australia

:) Good stuff. You get this in a chain email? You would think they taught proper grammar at a "Australian University." Good laugh. Thanks for that. Here's his facebook. http://www.facebook.com/george.mamouzellos After seeing his picture I understand why this reads like it was written by a high schooler. lol

Edited by Scubabuddha

It's difficult to decide which is worse - Swine Flu, or the vaccine (which contains a mercury based preservative).

Ugg. A) This article has nothing to do with vaccines. B ) People have been taking these mercury based vaccines for decades with not one single shred of evidence they are harmful.

Get a grip people.

Well said Scubabuddha - also your previous post. If it gets me it gets me, so what's the big problem? Will the last person please log me out?

Its a no brainer really: if you trust those nice people in government then take their advice and take the shot - you deserve it!

If everyone did what you prescribe, there are going to be a lot more dead people.

and what do i prescribe - pray tell?

Umm..you prescribe people don't take the shot? I gathered that from the "nice people" and "you deserve it" bits. Am I incorrect? Or is my sarcasm meter off?

And actually, I agree with you. If we do end up having a serious pandemic, and all the smart people have gotten the vaccinations, then it will be all the stupid people, all the Glen Beck's, Sean Hannity's and Rush Linbaughs of the world that won't have a proverbial chair to sit in when the music stops. So that's one bonus.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Its a no brainer really: if you trust those nice people in government then take their advice and take the shot - you deserve it!

If everyone did what you prescribe, there are going to be a lot more dead people.

Umm..you prescribe people don't take the shot? I gathered that from the "nice people" and "you deserve it" bits. Am I incorrect? Or is my sarcasm meter off?

And actually, I agree with you. If we do end up having a serious pandemic, and all the smart people have gotten the vaccinations, then it will be all the stupid people, all the Glen Beck's, Sean Hannity's and Rush Linbaughs of the world that won't have a proverbial chair to sit in when the music stops. So that's one bonus.

Your being sarcastic (obviously) when you say 'all the smart people' - or is my meter playing up

Anti-flu drug ready for new round of A(H1N1) flu

BANGKOK, Nov 3 (TNA) – Thailand's Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) and hospitals nationwide have stockpiled some 35 million capsules of the anti-flu drug 'Oseltamivir' for a possible second round of A(H1N1) virus outbreak, said Dr Vithit Attavijjakul, GPO director.

Dr Vithit said that about 35 million capsules of the anti-viral drug are available at Thailand's upcountry hospitals as well as the GPO office, aiming to handle the new wave of the A(H1N1) pandemic in an approaching cool season.

Meanwhile, the raw materials are available to produce a new lot of additional medication of 40 million capsules.

Regarding the children's formula of the anti-flu drug Oseltamivir, Dr Vithit said that the 30,000 to 40,000 capsules could be distributed immediately in all areas if needed.

The GPO is ready to produce more anti-flu drugs for children.

In addition, the GPO has stored lots of hand wash gel and sanitary masks to prevent the upcoming wave of Influenza Type A (H1N1) spread.

The GPO contacted local producers to make cloth sanitary masks to supply the GPO as they can be reused and help save costs.

Some European countries like Germany, Spain and France have expressed interest in GPO-produced hand gel, so the organisation plans to register its hand gel formula with the food and drug administrations in those countries.

After it is registered, Thailand expects to receive orders from overseas and build confidence in the country's production's standard. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/11/03

Get the Nation/Thaivisa news faster via SMS:

14 days free trial, dial *424010011 on your mobile

Your being sarcastic (obviously) when you say 'all the smart people' - or is my meter playing up

touche' lol

The bottom line is that it would have been much better not to go for personal glory and not to publicize this figures. Each and every medical doctor would tell you that these numbers are absolutely inadequate to quell a outbreak. However, given the fact that mister Sanan is in charge of everything that has to do with pandemics and given the fact that he does not have a medical background, the government is opting for a public relation campaign without even realizing that the numbers are terribly inadequate for even a medium sized province let alone for the country as a whole.

The bottom line is that it would have been much better not to go for personal glory and not to publicize this figures. Each and every medical doctor would tell you that these numbers are absolutely inadequate to quell a outbreak. However, given the fact that mister Sanan is in charge of everything that has to do with pandemics and given the fact that he does not have a medical background, the government is opting for a public relation campaign without even realizing that the numbers are terribly inadequate for even a medium sized province let alone for the country as a whole.

We can do the math. They have 35 million "capsules". The usual adult dosage is 2 capsules for 5 days = 10 capsules per patient. 1 a day for kids and those with kidney problems. Only enough for 3.5 million adults or 7 million children. It's not like everyone is going to be getting sick and needing these (lets hope) but I think your right. Not enough. Better with the additional 40 million.

THANKS DOC+virus Exp(A)ert Scubabuddha, maybe you should do the homework. There is no prove yet that the virus will mutate.

There were just TWO cases of people in germany which died, both are not 100% proved to be swineflu victims.

BTW, until today, NOBODY knows how "the shot" affects pregnant women, the pharmaceutical industry dont state that on the adverse effects page nor is the so called necessary medicine proved yet.

All in all a phantastic big deal for the Pharma Industry, but seems that to scare people helps a lot :):D :D

WHATS NEXT?

bird flu

SARS

swine flu

chang flu?

It's difficult to decide which is worse - Swine Flu, or the vaccine (which contains a mercury based preservative).

Ugg. A) This article has nothing to do with vaccines. B ) People have been taking these mercury based vaccines for decades with not one single shred of evidence they are harmful.

Get a grip people.

Scubabuddha you need to stay underwater where you have been 'for decades'. :)

Get a grip people.

Scubabuddha you need to stay underwater where you have been 'for decades'. :)

Would you care to make a point which you would like to debate? Or you got nothing? Thought so.