Siam Old Teak

Nirvana

Afternoon

I am thinking of buying some furniture and came across this company "Siam Old Teak" near Hua Hin.

As it is in your area , could anyone give any info or experiences.

Good Quailty / Prices / Experiences on the product etc.

I am talking about wardrobes / beds etc

I have viewed the website and pretty impressive selction etc

Any local knowledge appreciated

Thanks

Nirvana

Afternoon

I am thinking of buying some furniture and came across this company "Siam Old Teak" near Hua Hin.

Thanks

Nirvana

Hi Nirvana,

Siam Old Teak is run by a very nice couple who have a factory that makes new furniture out of old teak wood that has been reclaimed from old furniture, floors, or houses. Since the wood is teak and it is aged it has a lot of character and they make some fantastic pieces. They have a warehouse of items to choose from or they will build to order. I think they also have a loaner program (they used to at least) where they will loan you a similar piece to use while they are building a custom piece for you. The pieces are not cheap though, but if you can afford them, they are of a very high standard of quality. I haven't been there in a while but the last time I was there they also were offering a full purchase price guarantee refund if you become dissatisfied with any piece you bought from them (they will buy it back from you at the original purchase price).

I agree with hhfarang that Siam Old Teak indeed have some nice furniture but they are far from the only one offering thai style furniture here in Hua Hin.

However, a negative thing I have noted with Siam Old Teak is that they tend to show photos of furniture on their website that they do not have in their portfolio. Therefore, to be sure they have what you are looking for I suggest you had better call on their shop rather than relying on the information they provide on their website.

I agree with hhfarang that Siam Old Teak indeed have some nice furniture but they are far from the only one offering thai style furniture here in Hua Hin.

However, a negative thing I have noted with Siam Old Teak is that they tend to show photos of furniture on their website that they do not have in their portfolio. Therefore, to be sure they have what you are looking for I suggest you had better call on their shop rather than relying on the information they provide on their website.

Really good quality furniture well worth the visit to the shop many units set out in house, looks beautiful just wish I had the money !!

Bought some stuff from them. They are ok in my experience and I will buy again.

If you like, they will take you into Burma where they source the old teak.

They can knock-up anything you want if they havent got what you want although

they inventory is pretty big.

Good luck

Afternoon

Thanks

Nirvana

Bought some stuff from them. They are ok in my experience and I will buy again.

If you like, they will take you into Burma where they source the old teak.

They can knock-up anything you want if they havent got what you want although

they inventory is pretty big.

Good luck

Thanks to all for info and replies, will take note. Especially for the ordering.

I have not even contacted them for prices yet , so maybe a nice surprise coming..

Cheers

Nirvana

Almost every piece of furniture in my house came from Siam Old Teak. Best to go and see what they have and they can make you something similar to your own specifications.

It can take a few weeks to get your furniture though, but as a poster above said, they will lend you some until yours is ready.

Word of advice ... when you follow the signs to the house, and you are about to give up, you are almost there!

Mark and Ya, lovely people.