Running Hot.

lennya12threh

Not an uncommon problem here. You can do one of two things actually. You can change the temperature at which the fan kicks in with a different thermostat, or go manual. I have done both. Any big bike shop can get you a thermostat switch or put in a manual switch. Just be careful not to leave the fan on in manual for long periods. It's not designed to do that. You'll burn it out.

Not an uncommon problem here. You can do one of two things actually. You can change the temperature at which the fan kicks in with a different thermostat, or go manual. I have done both. Any big bike shop can get you a thermostat switch or put in a manual switch. Just be careful not to leave the fan on in manual for long periods. It's not designed to do that. You'll burn it out.

Has anyone ever tried installing a better "super" (not stock) fan, or adding another one or something?

A 2001 gsxr750 is running 100-115degrees during heavy traffic, but when going at a decent speed is ok.

Bangkok has alot of heavy traffic.

The bike is already K1 water cooled.

Where could one go to install a switch to make the fan run manually and not automatically.

For a 8-9 years old bike I d clean up the watercoolingsystem first.

1 Use a hose from the backside of the radiator. Low pressure and good waterflow.

2. Get a flush liquid/cleaning solution to add to coolingliquid. Run it according to instructions and then drain. New cooling liquid (water and antifreeze).

3. Still too hot? Replace temp thermostat.

4. Still too hot? Replace temp sensor/switch for fan

5. Still too hot? Manual fan switch. Can not run fan for long time, and not at highwayspeed.

Go to a shop that fixes air conditioners for cars and even houses.

There is a pink solution sold in a bottle that is used to clean the evaporator cores in air conditioning systems. The evaporator core is the same concept as a radiator, the solution will fiz up when poured OVER the radiator and remove dust and debris, hose off afterwards.

it shaved off 15-20% of the heat in my case.

Go to a shop that fixes air conditioners for cars and even houses.

There is a pink solution sold in a bottle that is used to clean the evaporator cores in air conditioning systems. The evaporator core is the same concept as a radiator, the solution will fiz up when poured OVER the radiator and remove dust and debris, hose off afterwards.

it shaved off 15-20% of the heat in my case.

Interesting. Thanks.

Hey lennya12threh,

I thought you would have learned from your VFR experience to stop wasting your limited funds on old junkers...

Good Luck! :)

Well the VFR was ok. I don't have enough for a new one.

Maybe if I don't have enough for a new one I shouldn't even buy one. Sold the VFR a bit over a month ago, for less than half of what was invested...

I don't have this bike yet. Its just one Ive been looking at. Pondering ideas.

This gsxr is 10 years newer than the VFR. Not quite an old junker! Right? :D

I could afford a new ninja 650, but my girlfriend doesn't approve of it because it leaves us with too little funds.

Plus I want a 4 cylinder, not a 2 cylinder, and now the 400(cbr,vfr,whatever) isn't enough. I don't have a desire to ride another 400. Want more bike!

I definitely can't afford a 300,000 bike.

150,000 and then some repairs isn't quite sooo bad.

I could afford a new ninja 650, but my girlfriend doesn't approve of it because it leaves us with too little funds.

Plus I want a 4 cylinder, not a 2 cylinder, and now the 400(cbr,vfr,whatever) isn't enough. I don't have a desire to ride another 400. Want more bike!

Well I, very sadly, need to sell my new Ninja 650R. Asking 235k.

Why don't you buy a new bike on finance? The monthly payment will be very low and you won't have to listen to your gf bitch about no money. You need your gf's approval to buy a bike?! <deleted>! :D:):D

Why don't you buy a new bike on finance? The monthly payment will be very low and you won't have to listen to your gf bitch about no money. You need your gf's approval to buy a bike?! <deleted>! :D:):D

I feel ya. My GF was the same way. Gunna miss her. :D

well. Its my girlfriends money! bahahahaha! :D

I dont want a 2 cylinder bike and right now I am studying full time and my only income could come from a bit of part time work, which would be tiring if I worked on the weekends enough to get 10-15k extra per month.

I know a 650ninja is only 90 down and 7k per month, but I want a 4 cylinder. A new 4 cylinder (600,or750) always starts at like 600,000 baht.

Or am I mistaken?

What would the finance be on one of those new 600k baht Kawasaki 1000cc....

I hope your gf takes out a big life insurance policy on your a$ before she buys you a ZX10R. I suspect she'll collect very soon.

Oh come on Ive got control over myself at least 90% of my driving hours.

90% won't cut it. Lose control 1% of the time on that bike and you'll soon be a stain on the pavement... :)

What would the finance be on one of those new 600k baht Kawasaki 1000cc....

I hope your gf takes out a big life insurance policy on your a$ before she buys you a ZX10R. I suspect she'll collect very soon.

90% won't cut it. Lose control 1% of the time on that bike and you'll soon be a stain on the pavement... :)

Loose control on any bigbike with chain, and tyres more than 1,5 years and................ Love my Ninja 650 but sometimes after a bottle of Jack I miss the forgiving sides of a T Max auto.

Edited by katabeachbum

Loose control on any bigbike with chain, and tyres more than 1,5 years and................ Love my Ninja 650 but sometimes after a bottle of Jack I miss the forgiving sides of a T Max auto.

Shit just now Im drunk as fuc_k. had a fight with my gf and went for a cruise with the sonic 125 and got drunk and came home. thank god it wasnt a 400 or 750 I was driving with no helmet too.....

If I get anothet big bike im giving the keys to my gf and then she can give me the keys, and if wer fighting ill tell her before hand not to give me the keys. The good,.... shes buying it already... Shit right no i drunk

Shit just now Im drunk as fuc_k. had a fight with my gf and went for a cruise with the sonic 125 and got drunk and came home. thank god it wasnt a 400 or 750 I was driving with no helmet too.....

If I get anothet big bike im giving the keys to my gf and then she can give me the keys, and if wer fighting ill tell her before hand not to give me the keys. The good,.... shes buying it already... Shit right no i drunk

Yeah I think I saw you...about 8 different times. lol Hard to get the qoutes right when yer drunk too. :)

Awwww. Right now Ive got two options at equall prices. Both seem quite good and reasonable.

But last night at 11:30pm a guy posted a 2002 gsxr for 130000, looking quite good. I bookmarked it, all excited to call him today, woke up, and the add wasnt there anymore. Did any of you basterds buy that bike? :) Or the guy changed his mind and doesnt want to sell it? dam_n.