Stallion Buddy 125

deathstardan

I'm thinking of buying a Stallion buddy 125 from my local Big C to go to the shops on. At the moment they have an offer on for B26,000, I don't expect much for the price but it comes with a three year warrenty and seems to be built well. Not too different from a Honda Wave.

The only information I can find on the net is that it has something to do with Suzuki.

Does anybody know if they are any good or not? I can't recall seeing one on the roads and I don't know anybody who owns one.

Cheers, DsD.

(For your viewing pleasure from the net.)

stallbuddy.jpg

They are a Cambodian brand retailed by P-bike i had a look at one it didnt seem to bad.

But if i were you i would spend 29.900b and get something a bit classier like the Tiger Retro pictured. These have a 3 year/30,000km warranty also but I have been to the Tiger factory and you can talk to the sales staff easily. maybe not like the Stallion.

post-62652-1257264166_thumb.jpg

post-62652-1257264138_thumb.jpg

You can find further details by googling 'the tiger sachs club'

ALSO pleased to announce that Tiger will be Exhibiting at the DragonsMc/Thaivisa Charity bike week on the 21st November in Kanchanaburi.

Just my 2 cents as the Yanks would say :)

Edited by thaicbr

Been here with the copy Honda Wave before. The engine blew up and has had to be rebored twice, and we still get black smoke out the back. All the rubbers rotted away (cheap/not tropicalised). Plastics cheap and harden/cracked in the Thai climate. Clutch wore away quickly. 4th gear noisy. Rear mudgard mountings snapped off. The only upside with the bike is that you can put Honda original parts on it to replace the poor quality copy ones. Thus if I did not have the money for a new bike I would not go this route, but instead would buy a 2nd hand Honda in good condition. Hondas may be cheaply made in Thailand, but they are made to Japanese quality standards. You should be able to pick up a 2nd hand wave for about 20K. It may have a 3 year warentee but you will get tired dealing with the problems and giving the bike back to get fixed up.

A old adage: A clever man learns from other peoples mistakes. A stupid man fails to learn from his own mistakes. A stubborn man fails to listen to others...

Edited by MaiChai