I-to-i Tefl,reputable Or Not

jfk

hi guys,

volunteered for a 6 month teaching contract at my local school. i am very in-experienced and after reading some responses to a previous topic i posted about how hard it is, i would like to do a tefl online course with a minimum of expense if possible.

does anyone here have any experience of i-to-i, and is it a recognised qualification. i realise there are many other accredited courses but the price is too high or they require me to attend a class for 4 weeks. the school cant do without me for 4 weeks.

it is my intention to only do the 6 months that the school asks as i am just helping them through a sticky patch (not enough teachers) any advice is appreciated.

many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the i-to-i online course about 5 years ago too. As a TEFL course, I would rate it as better than nothing, but far less useful than a hands-on course. It covered the basics all right, but was focused on teaching small groups of adults rather than large groups of noisy kids :) and seemed to be more focused on TESL (English for immigrants to an English speaking country) rather than TEFL (English as a foreign language).

I took it to satisfy the old MOE requirement and it served that purpose nicely.

This topic will not be closed, since the OP's question has been answered. He can't attend a regular classroom setting so he will have to go on-line. The Ministry accepted a previous posters credentials.

If you have any further information you want added, please PM me or another Mod and we can re-open it.

CLOSED