Would You Like Lies With That

RubbaJohnny

Only in LOS :)

FAT footballers to receive free Big Macs in Thai sponsorship deal

• Football Association of Thailand signs deal with McDonald's

• Senior and junior players to receive free burgers

Judging by the old footballers I've seen in Thailand I think McDonalds is going to suffer a big loss. :D

Only in LOS :D

McDonalds in Thailand

and then in:-

Guardian.co.uk

Wednesday 4 November 2009 10.30 GMT

post-3770-1257424802_thumb.jpg

The McDonald's mascot Ronald McDonald. Photograph: Reuters

Thailand's top footballers will receive free burgers as part of their new three-year, £545,000 sponsorship deal with the fast food giant McDonald's.

According to the Football Association of Thailand (FAT), McDonald's will provide £450,000 in cash and the rest in products in exchange for shirt sponsorship for the next three years, starting this month.

"This will be a great help towards our efforts to reach the 2014 World Cup finals," the FAT president Worawi Makudi told Reuters. "This funding will help develop our game, especially youth football, and all the players, junior and senior, will get to enjoy the food too."

Thailand's national team, who are currently 110th in the Fifa rankings, signed a five-year kit sponsorship deal with Nike in 2007 for an undisclosed figure.

The team have never qualified for the World Cup finals and are now being coached by the former England and Manchester United captain Bryan Robson.

=========================================================

Sure the Thai Football Team needs to beef themselves up quite a lot. As for both of the Liverpool clubs, they really should keep off the 'Beer Chang' as they are both playing Khrup :)

Yours rudely, :D

Kan Win :D

Only in LOS :D

McDonalds in Thailand

and then in:-

Guardian.co.uk

Wednesday 4 November 2009 10.30 GMT

post-3770-1257424802_thumb.jpg

The McDonald's mascot Ronald McDonald. Photograph: Reuters

Thailand's top footballers will receive free burgers as part of their new three-year, £545,000 sponsorship deal with the fast food giant McDonald's.

According to the Football Association of Thailand (FAT), McDonald's will provide £450,000 in cash and the rest in products in exchange for shirt sponsorship for the next three years, starting this month.

"This will be a great help towards our efforts to reach the 2014 World Cup finals," the FAT president Worawi Makudi told Reuters. "This funding will help develop our game, especially youth football, and all the players, junior and senior, will get to enjoy the food too."

Thailand's national team, who are currently 110th in the Fifa rankings, signed a five-year kit sponsorship deal with Nike in 2007 for an undisclosed figure.

The team have never qualified for the World Cup finals and are now being coached by the former England and Manchester United captain Bryan Robson.

=========================================================

Sure the Thai Football Team needs to beef themselves up quite a lot. As for both of the Liverpool clubs, they really should keep off the 'Beer Chang' as they are both playing Khrup :)

Yours rudely, :D

Kan Win :D

95K GBP of free burgers.

Hopefully, it won't be in the diet for the team, but I would expect to see some pretty fat spouses and kids once the deal finishes.

Christ, times must be difficult if Mcd's Thailand can't afford an extra 95k (less than a Chelsea footballers monthly salary) of actual cash and would rather give away free burgers instead. I would prefer it if Mcdonalds gave away 95k of burgers to malnourished kids.

I would like to see how this sits with Mcdonalds Global CRP. Never mind, if the Thai team remarkably turn into blobs and don't qualify for anything, they will get tarred with the responsibility.

As for the "FAT President", I trust he will be on a diet from now on.

Dunkin Donuts for the divers and KFC for the boxers next.

Where is CP,SCG, Bangkok Bank or PTT when a Thai company could and should take this type of sponsorship on? 600k is absolute chump change.

This should not be allowed, let alone encouraged by any association that considers a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition of its members as part of its mandate. McD is not known for its healthy products or quality nutrition standards. Jeez.

Edited by geriatrickid

thefacharterstandard.jpg

looks all not unusual to me. Mc donalds seems to be very active to bring and develop the spirit of the football game, supports National Football Association in countries which are tiny on the international level, like Thailand or England. so these sponsorship deals must look indeed odd, if your are not coming from these Mc Donald football countries and their national association teams seldom hit the news abroad, fail to qualify and being not a regular at the Cups and Championships.

remember the one and only time England won the FIFA World Cup Final? That was 1966 against Germany, and only possible with the help of the "Soviet Russian Linesman" for the 'third goal'.

the English player Geoff Hurst become quite famous for scoring two irregular goals in the extra time of an World Cup final. in the history of the Cup no other footballer came close to such an 'achievement' since. and also England was never seen again in as winner of the World Cup. the dream of 1966 is dreamed, the their version of the story is still told and repeated, living memory on the island, full of inaccuracies of course.

despite the lack of success in winning the big games, the UK is still a football crazy nation. ten years ago Geoff Hurst 'scores' a knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

why i am telling all that? because today is Sir Geoff Hurst MBE is a McDonald's sport ambassador, the McDonald's Director of Football in the UK.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/sports/ambassad...bassadors.shtml

edit:

i want to add that i am seeing nothing wrong with these sponsorship or that it is nothing bizarre and never heart before, it is not a only in Thailand case.

the Olympics are sponsored by McDonalds and so are other sport events and other team sport association , and not only football.

Edited by Rumfoord

"This should not be allowed, let alone encouraged by any association that considers a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition of its members..."

I guess that you believe that the drugs, alcohol, and boorish behavior are part of the footballer's healthy lifestyle.