Ttt Blocking Access To Router

JR Texas

I noticed this on my Brother in laws router, same make as well. The normal passwords do not work, also as there is no phone number this will also not work. I suggested he called Maxnet to find the password, but he is too lazy. There is also no paperwork for the Router.

Thanks for all the posts..........I tried the passwords but to no avail. I am being blocked by my ISP from accessing my router.

So, I contacted triple T about it (maybe they will contact me). And a Thai friend who knows computers is trying to help.

It is, by the way, extraordinary that my ISP will not allow me to access my router (or seems that way to me).

I noticed this on my Brother in laws router, same make as well. The normal passwords do not work, also as there is no phone number this will also not work. I suggested he called Maxnet to find the password, but he is too lazy. There is also no paperwork for the Router.

try tot

Howdy..........TTT is blocking access to my router. So, I can't map a port to download/upload torrents. Is this standard practice? Any possible way around this?

Router is Huwawei Smartax MT 880

User: admin

Pass: TTT

Pass: ADSLMT880mi^

Note: Username and passwords are case sensitive. 'TTT' is not the same as 'ttt'.

Howdy..........TTT is blocking access to my router. So, I can't map a port to download/upload torrents. Is this standard practice? Any possible way around this?

Note: Username and passwords are case sensitive. 'TTT' is not the same as 'ttt'.

Thanks............the former actually worked! I manged to get inside and make some changed...........UPnP now works.........turned off their firewall (I think)..........entered a series of ports that I want open..........

Everything looked fine............ooooooooooppppppppppssssssssssss..........still closed.

I think they are blocking port openings.

Maybe there is something I am not doing/seeing/understanding.

try searching for a previous thread on this that explains how to bridge your modem and then use your router to do what is meant to do.

Thanks............the former actually worked! I manged to get inside and make some changed...........UPnP now works.........turned off their firewall (I think)..........entered a series of ports that I want open..........

Everything looked fine............ooooooooooppppppppppssssssssssss..........still closed.

It's very easy to setup port forwarding in the MT880. To configure ports in your router, see Port Forwarding Guides by Router.

- Firewall settings: Disable SPI but leave the firewall 'enabled'.

- Avoid using UPnP, if possible. Configure your torrent program to use port forwarding instead. Also disable UPnP on the router if you're not going to use it. One less function the router has to allocate resources to.

- Manually configure Windows to use a static IP address. This will make things easier to work with -- if only for port forwarding purposes.

- Ditch the MT880 and get a better router as suggested by other members.

It's very easy to setup port forwarding in the MT880. To configure ports in your router, see Port Forwarding Guides by Router.

- Firewall settings: Disable SPI but leave the firewall 'enabled'.

- Avoid using UPnP, if possible. Configure your torrent program to use port forwarding instead. Also disable UPnP on the router if you're not going to use it. One less function the router has to allocate resources to.

- Manually configure Windows to use a static IP address. This will make things easier to work with -- if only for port forwarding purposes.

- Ditch the MT880 and get a better router as suggested by other members.

I did the above, but the guide was showing me something that was not shown inside my router..........instructions not for my router or there are various version of MT880.

I used Simple Port Forwarding program and think I managed to open one port. Seeding and uploading are still slow as Xmas. Maybe I do need to purchase my own router.

I also used Simple Static IP to configure a static IP address but that did not seem to make any difference.

The web site I am obtaining data from and subsequently seeding (torrent) said a static IP is not necessary given their configuration.

Thanks.

hi are using your mt880 as modem/router or do you have separate modem and router. if you only have a maxnet modem do yourself a favour buy a router, bridge your modem, set up port forwarding in the router, and set your router to do the work. I max my 3mb connection out downloading torrents, depending on the time of day of course

good luck.

I did the above, but the guide was showing me something that was not shown inside my router..........instructions not for my router or there are various version of MT880.

I used Simple Port Forwarding program and think I managed to open one port. Seeding and uploading are still slow as Xmas. Maybe I do need to purchase my own router.

I also used Simple Static IP to configure a static IP address but that did not seem to make any difference.

The web site I am obtaining data from and subsequently seeding (torrent) said a static IP is not necessary given their configuration.

Thanks.

There are several revisions to the MT880, but these are subtle differences. Perhaps a new setting was added or removed, but this won't change the way the router is configured. Generally speaking, they're still the same more or less. I remember using the MT880 as temporary replacement for my dead Zyxel router. Apart from it running rather hot, I found the MT880 to be quite satisfactory overall.

Torrents are a hit and miss as there are many factors that can influence transfer speed. The best way to test your configuration is to leave it running for 2-3 days. I haven't used the Simple Port Forwarding program, so I don't know how well it works or what kind of effect it may have.

hi are using your mt880 as modem/router or do you have separate modem and router. if you only have a maxnet modem do yourself a favour buy a router, bridge your modem, set up port forwarding in the router, and set your router to do the work. I max my 3mb connection out downloading torrents, depending on the time of day of course

good luck.

Hi.........I have a telephone line...........the Huawei SmarTax MT 880 is attached to it..........then to my computer. That is all.

I have an old D-Link modem (model DU-562M). I am not sure if it will work with ADSL.

If I use my current router and "bridge" it to my D-Link modem, would that make my system faster?

I have little knowledge of computers............so what you are saying I can't actually do, but I have a friend who might be able to do it.

good luck.

Hi.........I have a telephone line...........the Huawei SmarTax MT 880 is attached to it..........then to my computer. That is all.

I have an old D-Link modem (model DU-562M). I am not sure if it will work with ADSL.

If I use my current router and "bridge" it to my D-Link modem, would that make my system faster?

I have little knowledge of computers............so what you are saying I can't actually do, but I have a friend who might be able to do it.

I have the same setup telephone line to smartax which is connected to my linksys wrt54gl router to which is connected my computer. when i bridged my smartax and set up the linksys port forwarding my torrent speed did improve as i now get a green tick using utorrent 1.8.3.

hopes this helps as i don't know anything about using a d-link modem. good luck. there are detailed instructions on how to do all this in the post i added before.

good luck.

I have the same setup telephone line to smartax which is connected to my linksys wrt54gl router to which is connected my computer. when i bridged my smartax and set up the linksys port forwarding my torrent speed did improve as i now get a green tick using utorrent 1.8.3.

hopes this helps as i don't know anything about using a d-link modem. good luck. there are detailed instructions on how to do all this in the post i added before.

Question: Do you have to have a static IP to use Bittorrent? To map a port?

I obviously don't know a lot about computers and the internet. But today I used a program to map a port and create a static IP.

Bittorrent has a built in program to test whether or not a port is open.........the port I had mapped was open! I thought, "great."

Then my internet connection just stopped. I went to a Thai friend who knows computers........he told me that TTT and other ISPs in Thailand will not allow home users to have static IPs..........ONLY CORPORATIONS.

I thought that could not be........but maybe it is true.........this is a crazy country.

Anyway, I had to change back to a dynamic IP..........now the port is closed.

I am guessing that my IP changes each time I turn on the computer.........that closed the port because it is not the same IP that was used to open it. Right?

Any possible way to map a port in Thailand (open it) and keep it open using a dynamic IP address?

Solution?

Question: Do you have to have a static IP to use Bittorrent? To map a port?

I obviously don't know a lot about computers and the internet. But today I used a program to map a port and create a static IP.

Bittorrent has a built in program to test whether or not a port is open.........the port I had mapped was open! I thought, "great."

Then my internet connection just stopped. I went to a Thai friend who knows computers........he told me that TTT and other ISPs in Thailand will not allow home users to have static IPs..........ONLY CORPORATIONS.

I thought that could not be........but maybe it is true.........this is a crazy country.

Anyway, I had to change back to a dynamic IP..........now the port is closed.

I am guessing that my IP changes each time I turn on the computer.........that closed the port because it is not the same IP that was used to open it. Right?

Any possible way to map a port in Thailand (open it) and keep it open using a dynamic IP address?

Solution?

How to configure static IP in Windows << This will show you the basics of getting Windows to use a static IP.

I had to step out for an hour, so let me expand on my last post...

Notice where it says, "Click on Use the following IP address: and enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway information that your ISP should have given you." (see: LINK)

Chances are your ISP didn't provide you with this information; like most of us, your ADSL connection probably uses a dynamic public IP. Don't bother calling your ISP because they can't help you. To find out the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway, run ipconfig /all at the Command Prompt.

With this information, all you have to do now is go back and manually configure your TCP/IP Properties as shown in the link posted above. When you're done, your TCP/IP Properties should look something like this:

[x] Use the following IP address ----

IP address: 192.168.1.99
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

[x] Use the following DNS server addresses ----

Preferred DNS server: 192.168.1.1

Windows is now manually configured to use a static IP. With everything setup correctly, you should be able to browse the web. Assuming the default gateway (or router) is 192.168.1.1, you can assign your computer any IP address within the 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254 range.

Now setup port forwarding on your router. Using the example above, the local address for your computer would be 192.168.1.99.

Edited by Supernova

I had to step out for an hour, so let me expand on my last post...

Notice where it says, "Click on Use the following IP address: and enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway information that your ISP should have given you." (see: LINK)

Chances are your ISP didn't provide you with this information; like most of us, your ADSL connection probably uses a dynamic public IP. Don't bother calling your ISP because they can't help you. To find out the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway, run ipconfig /all at the Command Prompt.

With this information, all you have to do now is go back and manually configure your TCP/IP Properties as shown in the link posted above. When you're done, your TCP/IP Properties should look something like this:

[x] Use the following IP address ----

IP address: 192.168.1.99
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

[x] Use the following DNS server addresses ----

Preferred DNS server: 192.168.1.1

Windows is now manually configured to use a static IP. With everything setup correctly, you should be able to browse the web. Assuming the default gateway (or router) is 192.168.1.1, you can assign your computer any IP address within the 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254 range.

Now setup port forwarding on your router. Using the example above, the local address for your computer would be 192.168.1.99.

Thanks..........I decided to make it easy and use Simple Static IP program. I set it up.........now ON MY COMPUTER I have a static IP.

I then log in to my router.........in LAN settings there is a spot to enter static IP or dynamic IP. I checked the static IP option and entered the same data on my computer........ERROR: DUPLICATE ON LAN NETWORK.

So, I think my ISP is not going to allow me to create a static IP, like my friend said.......only for corporations.

Pay more money and maybe I could get one..........

One thing I did do while inside my router was enter the port I want opened along with the static ID on my computer.

I then checked Bittorrent settings and the port appears to be open and network configured.

It looks like I have one static IP on my computer and another dynamic IP on my router.

Have I messed up?

the latest modems TT&T (triple :) hands out:

username: admin

password: 3BB

addition: reset button does NOT reset modem to user: admin, password: admin as mentioned in the pdf-file on the CD that comes with the modem!

Edited by Naam

the latest modems TT&T (triple :) hands out:

username: admin

password: 3BB

addition: reset button does NOT reset modem to user: admin, password: admin as mentioned in the pdf-file on the CD that comes with the modem!

Thanks........please close this topic. I started another thread and need info. on TTT Maxnet now. I seem to have figured out the rest.

Hi JR,

you only need a static IP for your desktop computer/laptop. There is no need to change anything on your router configuration besides the port forwarding!!!!

I don't want to go into details here since it will only confuse you. Just know that most private people don't have a public static IP on the internet, that is what your friend referred to. Everytime your router connects to TT&T he will (or might) get a new public IP on the internet so your computer and others can communicate. This does not prevent torrent downloads from working because everytime you start your torrent program it will connect to the 'torrent network' and report your current IP so other computers can communicate with your PC.

The 'public static IP on the interntet' is NOT the same 'static IP' you configure on your PC, which is basically only for communication between your PC and your router.

The only reason why you want a static IP for your PC is because you want to configure a port forward on your router to your PC so that other torrent users can connect to the torrent program running on your PC. You need this because your PC is hidden behind the router and usually other users/programs cannot easily connect directly to your PC - which is a good thing for security.

So step by step (assuming you use uTorrent) you should

1. Configure a static IP for your computer. Find out what that static IP is if you use a program. Should be something starting with 192.168.x.x

2. You need to know the port that uTorrent is using (goto settings), this is usually a number with 4 or 5 digits.

3. Make sure uTorrent can open the port by checking the status symbol in the uTorrent status bar at the bottom (http://www.utorrent.com/faq/network#faq). It should be yellow, not red. Red means your Personal (Windows) Firewall on your PC is interfering.

(If by chance it's green than you already configured your router correctly or uPnP is enabled to do all of this automatically.

4. Configure your router to forward the port to the static IP of your PC.

5. Use uTorrents port forwarding check to see if your port is open from outside (http://www.utorrent.com/testport or click the status symbol and then the 'test port forwarding' button)

If you are stuck at any point, don't jump to the next. It will only confuse you and the people that are trying to help :)

For every step there are tutorials on the internet with screenshots and all. If you need better instructions than I'm sure somebody will point you to a good tutorial and give you some guideance.

Configuring port forwarding is not rocket science, but it is definitely not trivial!! There are many components involved that an average user who just wants to USE the computer should not have to deal with.

Saying that, there is another solution using uPnP support in both uTorrent and your router to get this one going without any additional configuration work. It depends on the router though if uPnp support is stable and reliable.

welo

It looks like I have one static IP on my computer and another dynamic IP on my router.

Have I messed up?

There are two types of IP address being used:

External IP - A public IP address (or WAN IP) assigned to you by your ISP. Typical WAN IP addresses used by Thai ISPs begin with: 203.xxx.xxx.xxx, 124.xxx.xxx.xxx, 117.xxx.xxx.xxx, 58.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Internal IP - A private IP address assigned to client machines by the router DHCP server. These addresses begin with 192.168.xxx.xxx.

The static IP on your computer should be 192.168.1.xxx. While the dynamic (or external) IP on your router will be whatever TTT has assigned.

Hi JR,

you only need a static IP for your desktop computer/laptop. There is no need to change anything on your router configuration besides the port forwarding!!!!

I don't want to go into details here since it will only confuse you. Just know that most private people don't have a public static IP on the internet, that is what your friend referred to. Everytime your router connects to TT&T he will (or might) get a new public IP on the internet so your computer and others can communicate. This does not prevent torrent downloads from working because everytime you start your torrent program it will connect to the 'torrent network' and report your current IP so other computers can communicate with your PC.

The 'public static IP on the interntet' is NOT the same 'static IP' you configure on your PC, which is basically only for communication between your PC and your router.

The only reason why you want a static IP for your PC is because you want to configure a port forward on your router to your PC so that other torrent users can connect to the torrent program running on your PC. You need this because your PC is hidden behind the router and usually other users/programs cannot easily connect directly to your PC - which is a good thing for security.

+1

This pretty much sums it all up.