Import Duty

:) I am sure that one or more of our esteemed board members will be able to answer this question. We are going to be importing some vitamin and mineral premixes for our food product that is being produced in Thailand for Export Only. It is not a commercial product but is relief food for disasters in Asia Pacific. The freight handlers are telling us there is going to be a 30% duty. The question being that the product is for export only is there still a duty?

Thanks in advance.

LL

Without knowing more about the product, I can not confirm the duty percentage, but I can confirm that whether or not the product is for export only or not it is still subject to import duty if required.

In fact many of the manufacturers who are located in the Industrial estates or are BOI & BIZ 19 companies are all primarily export orientated (they need these special privileges to avoid import duty for raw materials for finished goods that will be exported).

Depending upon the size of your company and the amount of goods that you plan to import you may want to look into one of the types of tax privileges listed above...

Edited by CWMcMurray