Adsl provider for internet cafe?

stonny

My first posting in this forum thus would need some help from some of you guys.

I have the intention to open an internet cafe but the costs of having broadband is on the high side. Anyone here knows which Service Provider are they using for these internet cafes?

I have noticed some gaming centers using M-Web KSC but then again, I am more interested in providing internet service rather than gaming services, so not very sure on which provider is actually the good one in having good broadband connection.

Many thanks  ::o:

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on the location you may be limited on who you can use anyway.

As much as anything the telephone carrier may determine which ISP's you can select from.

I have just been through an excercise with a local Internet Cafe setting up ADSL.

What should have been a very simple excercise took the best part of a week and when I finally convinced the ISP that it was their problem, the fix was actually a telephone carrier based issue. They have one set IP's configured for one telephone company and a different set for another. Guess which one was being allocated?????

Guest IT Manager

I have had discussions on this issue with another customer located in Pattaya. From what he says, the Techs at ToT and TT&T, not only have no idea how ADSL works, they don't understand what it is.

Good luck. I have decided that I will wait until ADSL is sufficiently advanced that I can ring and ask a tech from the telephone company "What Router do you suggest"? and get more than a stunned silence followed by "What is a router"?

I have had discussions on this issue with another customer located in Pattaya. From what he says, the Techs at ToT and TT&T, not only have no idea how ADSL works, they don't understand what it is.

Good luck. I have decided that I will wait until ADSL is sufficiently advanced that I can ring and ask a tech from the telephone company "What Router do you suggest"? and get more than a stunned silence followed by "What is a router"?

That is awful! What exactly are they technical in then???? Don't answer that. I know....billing :o

You are easily discouraged...... Again, having just been through this, apart from them actually connecting the phone line, you don't need to get involved with the phone company.

Talk to the ISP's about there recommendations for a modem are, this way if there is a problem they can't point the finger at the brand og modem. The ISP's and modem suppliers have contacts inside the phne compnaies for any fault finding required. I had the modem supplier ring the phone compnay and reset the port they were using when it 'locked up'. It took abut 30 secs to get fixed.

If you are in Pattaya, you may well be limited on your choices as to who can give you telephone services. I know that No 3 road only has access to TOT so wanting TT&T isn't an option.

I can give you more details if you want.