พจนรงปสยอ

zenbangkok

พจนรุงปสยอ

Firstly,sorry the heading is wrong i clicked post before i could enter the 'ngoo nguu' in to the title.

Hello everyone, I am learning Thai, I can just about read it now if I take it steady. My dictionary is not helping though, I tried to work out the above but have no idea,(sorry it is small i found how to type Thai but can't find the post explaining how to make large.), anyway I did not get very far, I thought at first the first word was พจน missing a 'gaa ran'

Does anyone know a good online dictionary for Thai/English? I have tried my best to type the Thai script as per the text but the vowel under 'Roo Rua' is wrong, as the vowel was written like a long flat 'w' (if that makes any sense),when i type on my keyboard I am doing it blind, I am using a mac I can get it to type Thai but can not find the map of the keys as described in how to type Thai in this forum. (It's ok I will print off the virtual keyboard map that RDN posted)

Thank you in anticipation of your help, this forum is helping me enormously in learning Thai

(even though it is taking me sometime i am slowly moving forward).

One last thing for now, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a logic to the keys on a Thai keyboard, or is it just scattered for speed like a QWERTY keyboard?

Edited by zenbangkok

One last thing for now, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a logic to the keys on a Thai keyboard, or is it just scattered for speed like a QWERTY keyboard?

That question has just been raised (and I've posted what I hope is a useful, rather than a historical, answer) at Just Got My 1st Thai Keyboard in the Computers in Thailand section.

It seems rather like QWERTY, except that minimising the use of the shift key is a serious consideration. It even has a Dvorak-analogue of a competitor!

พจนรุงปสยอ

Does anyone know a good online dictionary for Thai/English? I have tried my best to type the Thai script as per the text but the vowel under 'Roo Rua' is wrong, as the vowel was written like a long flat 'w' (if that makes any sense),when i type on my keyboard I am doing it blind, I am using a mac I can get it to type Thai but can not find the map of the keys as described in how to type Thai in this forum. (It's ok I will print off the virtual keyboard map that RDN posted)

My first choice is www.thai-language.com/dict . However, I am still struggling with this word. I wonder if this word has (tho than) rather than รุ or รู, but the word still looks wrong.

You can enlarge letters by highlighting them, and choosing 'large' from the size drop-down menu above the input text area. Alternatively, type the 'size' tags manually.

Edited by Richard W

พจนรุงปสยอ

Firstly,sorry the heading is wrong i clicked post before i could enter the 'ngoo nguu' in to the title.

Hello everyone, I am learning Thai, I can just about read it now if I take it steady. My dictionary is not helping though, I tried to work out the above but have no idea,(sorry it is small i found how to type Thai but can't find the post explaining how to make large.), anyway I did not get very far, I thought at first the first word was พจน missing a 'gaa ran'

Thank you in anticipation of your help, this forum is helping me enormously in learning Thai

From your description of the "w" like sign under "ror reua", it could be that you are not dealing with a "ror reua" with vowel at all, but in fact a , "thor thaan".

I would also guess this is a name and not a regular word - it would be much easier to help if you could give us some more context. Where did you encounter the word?

พจนรุงปสยอ

From your description of the "w" like sign under "ror reua", it could be that you are not dealing with a "ror reua" with vowel at all, but in fact a , "thor thaan".

I would also guess this is a name and not a regular word - it would be much easier to help if you could give us some more context. Where did you encounter the word?

พจนรุงปสยอ

Yes Thor Thaan would fit a lot better. As for context I can not help really, i was just given it as a text message to translate to help learn Thai

when i type on my keyboard I am doing it blind, I am using a mac I can get it to type Thai but can not find the map of the keys as described in how to type Thai in this forum. (It's ok I will print off the virtual keyboard map that RDN posted)

Are you on OS X? If so, you shouldn't have any problems displaying the virtual keyboard you want ... It should be listed as "Show Keyboard Viewer" (right under "Show Character Palette") on your keyboard menu in the top-right menu bar. If it's not there, open up "International" in your System Preferences, go to the "Input Menu" tab, and make sure you've got both Keyboard Viewer and Character Palette checked. You'll then have everything you need.

I hope this is of some help. If for some reason you're still having problems, please send me a PM and we'll try to sort out what's going wrong.