What's This Cactus Called?

post-30491-1257658322_thumb.jpg post-30491-1257658369_thumb.jpg post-30491-1257658393_thumb.jpg

Took me ages to realize that the yellow top didn't actually grow from the stem; it's an "implant", grafted onto the stem! Now I have some nice off-shoots of the stem & planted them, but where do I get the yellow top things from (and what's it they're called)? I'd like to try my hand at grafting.

Also, a friend of mine in Switzerland grows/collects cacti. For one, I'd like to give him a name (latin would be nice, as it makes it easier to ask my friend Google), and I'd also like to bring him a small one, but can't seem to find them anywhere -- all that's out there are the "finished products", i.e. stem & grafted yellow top.

Thanks for any help!

It's a euphorbia Lactea. Every grower uses a different name for each color. Yellow, rainbow, pink ghost crest, and on and on. You can mail order on the net from Thailand. Use your friend google to locate a grower near you.

meandwi

It's a euphorbia Lactea. Every grower uses a different name for each color. Yellow, rainbow, pink ghost crest, and on and on. You can mail order on the net from Thailand. Use your friend google to locate a grower near you.

meandwi

Thanks a lot -- great help! :) I spent hours on end googling with no results!