Fujitso Notebook - Experiences? Opinions?

klikster

Spent some time at Pantip today hoping to mitigate the bad judgment of my EEE purchase. Mainly, it's the glare off the glossy bezels and the black keyboard.

As I stolled around, the only non-black keyboards I can remember were Lenovo (all white surface), HP (silver keyboard) and Fujitsu. There may have been others, but it seems like 80+% of the machines had black keys. I don't trust HP and know little about Lenovo, but they seemed more expensive.

One Fujitsu I looked at had really good specs (although Vista installed) and came in at Bt 25,000.

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the brand.

I have had 2 Fujitsu notebooks. Both worked great, Lifebook S6410 and the older one I cannot remember. Currently I like Asus notebooks.

FWIW, I ended up buying a white ASUS FVB with 4 gb RAM, 320 g HD at just under Bt 26, 000 all in. So far I like it, especially the no-glare bezels and silver keys. Nice display as well.

However, I'm not in love with the Vista Home OS.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Fujitsu laptop for 3 years. Pretty nice. One day it overheated and something fried the USB bus. Salvaged parts and sold them at Pranthip for peanuts. Fuji seems to always be a bit more expensive.

Replaced it with a HP/Compaq last April. Half the price I paid for the Fuji and twice as powerful. Dual-core Pentium for 18,000b, a great deal. Added 2Gb RAM for app. 700b (I think). Just swapped out the HD for a 500Gb.

I've had HP systems in the past, no complaints, generally pretty solid stuff. They cut the crap out of the Compaq line.

I hate Dell. Had some experience with them, nothing good to say on the subject. Same with Gateway, don't know if they're still around.