Cartoon Car Seat Covers

rethaired

Am I the only one (amongst foreigners) who think that these car cover seats are usually ugly, but more importantly an insult to my intelligence? Why do I need to advertise I am really a 12 years old when I am 4 times that age? Moreover, I need a back seat cover as well.

I have seen a few people resorting to using towels with some added cut and design and I am heading the same direction. The sport seats are not suitable for the car I have. Leather (IF it is genuine,... big IF) is too hot in LOS, so not an option either. And I am pretty sure the cartoon seats are polyester. So, is tere anyone who has any idea where I could find car seats that are decent looking?

Is there anyone who is using a towel, modifying to fit around the car seat?

Not sure if Honda has car seat covers and if they look better than the cartoon ones, which should not be too hard?

Edited by rethaired

Why is leather too hot? My seats are leather, (real), and never feel hot or sweaty.

Thanks for the comment! Ok! Are they from a higher-end car? Is there some kind of build-in AC or ventilation system in them?

I have had leather seats and have found them to be really, really too hot to sit on initially after the sun had shone on it! I usually had to resort to using a towel to allow me to sit on them! The leather seats admittedly not from a luxury car and hence lower grade (thinner) leather) got a tear early on the side panel, BTW. I was told that the side panels were vinyl, actually! But, it is true that high-end leather seats will last longer, unless you protect or cover fabric seats, I think.

As far as sweat is concerned, higher end models do comes with leather seats that have small holes. I presume this was/is for comfort and sweat control! So, it the seats have those holes, things might be better for prolonged periods of time, although I think fabric is much better (but not as durable, hence the cover) for when one initially sits and, I think, even for prolonged amount of time, but one would need a leather seat and a fabric seat side by side to know, I suppose! I also think that luxury models have AC or direct ventilation build into the seats! Is that true? Still! It would sting if you sat on one after it has been exposed to the sun. So, as far as I am concerned, leather is not an option in hot climates, unless you have higher-end models and are willing to cover your seats with some kind of fabric to shield them from the sun before you sit on them. I will take the cheaper option (as I am not a millionaire) of buying a cheaper car and using covers on fabric seats. :)

Why don't you use a upholstery shop. I guess for 7'000 Baht they will build your seats like new and even part of door pannels with new velour. That's about the same price if you would buy seat covers. Upholstery shop does great jobs in this country andn ot expensive. Luuk much better than some ugly seatcovers.

Why don't you use a upholstery shop. I guess for 7'000 Baht they will build your seats like new and even part of door pannels with new velour. That's about the same price if you would buy seat covers. Upholstery shop does great jobs in this country andn ot expensive. Luuk much better than some ugly seatcovers.

Thanks for the advice, but I am looking to cover the seats so that the new ones don't get used up, so that when one resells the car, it looks nice and new! :) The original seats are fine and quite attractive, I would say! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Why is leather too hot? My seats are leather, (real), and never feel hot or sweaty.

Thanks for the comment! Ok! Are they from a higher-end car? Is there some kind of build-in AC or ventilation system in them?

Sorry for the late reply. My car is a ford focus 1.8 Ghia. So it was the top of the range when i bought it but not a higher end car. There is no AC in the seats. They are a light beige colour so maybe that's why they are never hot and sticky.