Valentino Rossi

soihok

Now that The Doctor has displayed another domination of the top class in world motorcycling sport.

He is now looking forward to 2011, quoted as saying that he has a great opportunity to ride for his countries flagship bike maufacturer that is Ducati, if Yamaha decide to stay with Jorge Lorenzo.

I actually think that it would be a great move for him, if he is able to bring his guys in and Jeremy Burgess.

I watched their communication on the grid before the start of the Sepang GP, and I was about 15 meters from his pole position on the start line.

Jeremy gave him a big hug before the warm up lap...........cant see Hamilton getting the same....Well OK he is sat in a car but that sums up F1 ....sitting in a car :)

Edited by soihok

I think the Ducati offer was made a few years ago to Rossi, but as Rossi was living in London and he owed the italian tax people a rather large sum [in Pounds, it was about 30 mill] and if he rode for Ducati, this could be deducted at source, now it seems hes paid off his debt [or part] and i believe his base is in Italy again,

Sure Aussie J,Burgess will follow in Rossis footsteps till he retires, so will all the mechs and pit crew, who wouldnt want to be behind the [one of] greatest bike racer of all time?

Valencia, Stoner highsiding on the warm up lap?? strange days indeed,,, Pedrosa off with a typical Pedrosa start, Rossi and Lorenzo having a battle, then the classic Lorenzo mistake, trying to get away from Rossi, Rossi was through and content with 2nd place,,,

Well done Ayomama, last 250 2 stroke race, a very deseving victory on an old Honda,

125s, again a great battle with Simon and Smith, Hope Smithy gets it next year,,

I was just at the Ducati factory last month and I asked about Rossi and they told me that the rumour was that he was asking for north of 20 million Euro and basically the entire race team set up for him. That's just the talk on the factory floor so take it for what it's worth.

I think its up to Yamaha. If they want Rossi for 2011 and are willing to pay, they'll keep him. If they think JLo is a future 9 times world champion, they'll let Rossi go. The kicker in here is Ben Spies. If he shows up Lorenzo in the first half of next year, then Yamaha could keep Rossi for 2011 and move Spies up to the factory bike while letting JLo go. Everyone's contracts are up at the end of next year - Stoner, Pedrosa, Hayden as well as Rossi and Lorenzo. It's going to be musical chairs.

It would be a shame to see Casey Stoner off the Ducati's as he seems to be about the only one that can extract 100% from those wonderful machines at the moment.

Casey will be world champ for 2010 and he's probably got a couple of years left on the mighty Dukes! :)