Where To Buy German Shepherd Puppy In Chiang Mai

bjderb

:D Hi, arrive back in LOS wed.18th.Nov.stopping off Chiang Mai to clear jet lag,whilst there would like to buy German Shepherd bitch puppy,then on to my home in Chiang Saen to spend the festive season with my family the pup is a xmas present for chidren,the breed is my choice, the forum members help would be appreciated.......cheers Bri.] :) Edited by PeaceBlondie
Edited title, font

Two pieces of advice.....Firstly please give a full title to a thread so that people have the option to read it or ignore it. Secondly the type you used sucks! Please use the default type face.

Try one of the forum sponsors for your dog.....Lucky Dogs

Agreed MaejoMan. Everyone here is wondering something or thinking something; it's just courtesy to let readers know exactly what's on your mind in the subforum without having to open your post....otherwise all titles would just be 'have an idea....' You also undoubtedly lose some readership by ppl being put off by posting that way - and likely some of the exact ppl you were hoping/needing to hear from. I am a big fan of the subtitle to further clarify what the topic is as well.

ive no idea if they sell german shepherds ?

but theres a dirt soi that runs around the back of the shops opposite the fire station that has many shops selling puppies

see the green arrow .... try looking there .... dave2

Hi,

TV member Ponti is a GSD breeder. They are both in Sankhampeang and somewhere in BKK.

I've had pups from them in my boarding and training center and they were both physically and mentally quite sound.

This was Max, a gorgeous and sweet pup.

post-27646-1257771357_thumb.jpg post-27646-1257771518_thumb.jpg post-27646-1257771677_thumb.jpg

You can send Ponti a pm or an email through his profile: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ponti-m53297.html

Wish you good luck. :)

Nienke

LuckyDogs

but theres a dirt soi that runs around the back of the shops opposite the fire station that has many shops selling puppies

That's Pratoo Hai-ya (sp.???). I would be very careful when even thinking of buying any animal from that market. It is notorious for its many sick puppies and/or pups with some sort of mental and/or physical defects.

fair comment nienke

but the man ( bjberb ) asked a question and i tried to help him coz he obviously loves animals.

if your advice is better than mine ...way to go nienke ... and listen bjberb

with respect .... dave2 .... a cat lover : )

enjoy pic !

To the OP:

I do hope and pray that the puppy will be going to a suitable home, where it will be loved and cared for.

A dog should be treated as part of the family, with responsible people that will house, feed good quality food, love and be able to tend to all the animal’s needs.

If not, you may be introducing this dog to many years of suffering and neglect.

Think once, twice and 100 times before buying a dog for whoever are these children.

post-11344-1257795825_thumb.jpg

Puppies are also available at Care for Dogs which finds homes for abandoned puppies. Lanna Dog Care specializes in spreading loving kindness towards dogs and spnsors a very successful sterilization campaign. Perhaps you could donate to these groups if you decide to purchase a dog. All acts have consequences.

Exactly what I was going to write , Thai people is not a Dog loving people as we know they only have dogs running outside as watchdogs nothing else. I would think twice before to Buy.

And this is not only warnings I have 8 dogs my self and they are a part of the family, they sleep in the house also never happens with Thai family :) .

Exactly what I was going to write , Thai people is not a Dog loving people as we know they only have dogs running outside as watchdogs nothing else. I would think twice before to Buy.

And this is not only warnings I have 8 dogs my self and they are a part of the family, they sleep in the house also never happens with Thai family :) .

I disagree with the above statement. You don't know some of the Thais that I know that treat their animals better than their family.

These are my 2 dogs.

A friend of my daughter gave them to us.

Both from the same litter, brown dog (Whisky) and black dog (Pudding).

They will be 6 years old next month and spoilt something rotten.

I spend 4000 baht per month on their food that includes proper meat diet the same as we eat.

As you can see, Whisky is a bit of a poser.

post-11344-1257837420_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1257837430_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1257837667_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassienie

nothing wrong with dogs sleeping outside, especially in this climate, just so long as they got some where to get out of the rain/ sun.

Puppies are also available at Care for Dogs which finds homes for abandoned puppies. Lanna Dog Care specializes in spreading loving kindness towards dogs and spnsors a very successful sterilization campaign. Perhaps you could donate to these groups if you decide to purchase a dog. All acts have consequences.

I can't help but feel like Earl has the best attitude here. Seriously there has to be something a little immoral about buying a dog in a country that has so many strays crying out for good homes. My wife used to work for Care for Dogs and there was rarely a day that she didn't return with a tinge of sadness in her heart.

Maybe you won't get a German shepherd, but in terms of temperament, I'm sure you'll find a needy mutt at Care for Dogs that is suitable to keep around children.

That's Pratoo Hai-ya (sp.???). I would be very careful when even thinking of buying any animal from that market. It is notorious for its many sick puppies and/or pups with some sort of mental and/or physical defects.

We got our german sheppard from this market 3 years ago and its been a crackin' dog, no problems,a beautiful healthy and very good natured dog