Big Brother

Explorer

It was a potentially interesting concept. Putting 12 strangers in a house and filming their every move as well as putting them in different situations and observing how they dealt with them.

However in this day of the culture of the instant talentless 'celebrity' instead of filling the house with genuinely interesting people whos personalities may clash, Channel 4 seemed he11 bent on filling the house with total no mark wannabe celebrities with all of the talent, charisma, and intelligence of a dog sh1t.

What could have been a good show was basically reduced to a nonsense to give simple minded council estate fodder something to talk about, and to give the tabloids something to print thus avoiding actually having to work for a living and print something about current affairs.

To listen to the self obsessed media here in the UK, where the tabloids were plastered with stories from the Big Brother House you would think 90% of the country were interested in it. In reality no one with a brain cell gives or gave a toss and thankfully we may be spared a Big Brother this year.

The end result was pretty vile and utterly pointless. After the first season it became nothing more than a glorified talent show full of prima donna wannabes.

All the show did was to produce a few very minor celebrities whose careers lasted as long as a good morning fart.

Edited by ProfessorFart

Sounds similar to the ones already done in Australia, England, America, France.

Only about 4 years later.

Oh well. Got bored after first series in Oz.

Bored after the first series?

Gawd, everyone in my house was bored of the Thai one in 5 minutes...

Do they ever do anything with the fire they make everyday?

Just a bunch of ham wannabes

Not to mention the habit of ad banners, even in the toilets...

Yeah, get 'em drunk... After they dump the fat chick.

:o

OMG...are u guys talking about the same Big Brother that they air in the US for about 4 years now? That show is done for. No one really watches it anymore. Better off watching the Real World on MTV (US), cause they actually dont dumb things that ppl like to watch and criticize. Very amusing. lol

As this reality lark is still new here I'll bet some, if not all, "contestents" will get record deals out of it.

Judging by the acadamy fantasia lot, talent is not a requirement!

Same as all over the world, boring, but some local adaption.

INDEX furniture store commercial. Talent is a requirement, very careful moving around :o not to scratch expensive glass ceramic stoves and tables.

I saw a bit of this drivel last night on telly. Thai people seem simply too ###### polite. Where's the conflict? Where's the bitching and moaning that goes with 12 strangers put together in a house.

Anyway, after last nights effort of one of the girls singing crappy songs (with a lovely voice, I should add - just the songs were crap) I strongly suspect that they are all there to find their fame in other areas once the show is over.

Or, maybe Thailand Idol is coming to our shore! I know we had the Academy Fantasia (heck of a name) one, but it sure looks to me like Idol will be the second chapter.

Sounds similar to the ones already done in Australia, England, America, France.

Only about 4 years later.

Oh well. Got bored after first series in Oz.

It originally started in Holland of all places and then came to the UK and elsewhere. I found it mildly interesting for a couple of nanoseconds but the Thai version is a right load of <deleted>.