Subway Sandwich In Night Bazaar

SBACM

It is just like all the other Subways but I think its a little bit tucked away in a corner.

If you eat in I like to sit and watch the world go by.

Having said that the Subs are good so lets hope its successful.

I've tried them a couple of times, always disappointed. Crappy bread, to my taste, and nothing special about anything else....

I would have welcomed them in Chiang Mai around the time 7-11 showed up, when there weren't many decent sandwiches around. I feel the same about the other sandwich place near the THAI office.

Now, there are so many sources for a good sandwich, and so many sources for great breads and quality cheeses and meats, that places like Subway are only good if you're desperate for mediocre fast food and happen to be walking by at that moment.

Well.......... first of all, as a background, I'm usually the first in line to slag off American fast food chains, especially in Thailand where they cost more than ... etc.

Having said that.... A client brought 4 different subs to the office last week, and I was pleasantly surprised!! It's not crispy French bread or anything, but the whole-weat sub was decent enough, I rather enjoyed it really. I am also a fan of Amazing Sandwich, but I'd have to give higher marks to Subway.. (Sorry.. :D ) Or maybe it just was the right food at the right time when we were starving in the office... They do deliver, mind you, so ... ok, yeah, wait, I got it, lets put it differently:

ITS THE BEST HOME-DELIVERABLE FAST FOOD IN CHIANG MAI.

There. Sure it's not a culinary masterpiece, but decent enough if you don't mind spending 100 baht or more. And as far as rip-off chains go, it's WAY better than Starbucks or Haagen Dazs, and better food (of course) than Pizza Hut et al...

So try it! :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I was disappointed. The fresh bun was fine and the condiments were good too. My spicy Italian has three paper thin slices of salami on it. Way over priced for what you get. Where's the MEAT?