Australian Partner Visa Timeline

Hi Guys Hi Bridge :)

Can anyone provide us information with the timeline from date of submitting application to receiving it - plus at what stages during you need to get hospital police checks done.

Reason being is I amy have to go to Australia first with the kids and leave wife till she gets the visa - as it seems to take three months.

I don't want to leave her alone to do interview checks etc. So any advice ie for submitted three weeks kater interview two weeks kater heath checks etc.

CTO - Re Partner Migration Visa (309-100)

I got my Fiancée visa from drop off to pick up in 6 weeks. I know of some others approved in the same time frame. That was all documents according to the checklist and Medical and Police check included. As long as nothing is missing and they don't require anything else then 6 or 7 weeks would be looking good. I believe 3 months allows for missing documents to be gathered after they notify you that something is missing.

Hi CTO,

My wife and I just going through the same process at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. I believe it is most effective if you can gather all documents before applying and then submit a complete Application.

Health Checks and also the Thai Police Clearance can be done in advanced, the health check will be send directly from the hospital to the embassy. The police clearance certificate will take about 10 days. Also if children are immigrating with your partner you (the sponsor) will also need a NPC (National Police Clearance) from Australia. This also takes about 10 days and it is a new regulation.

Anyway, we handed our application to VFS in Bangkok on the 8th of October, got a email from the embassy a few days later and my wife had her interview appointment on the 29th of October. There she has been told a final decision will be made within 4-6 weeks. We are still waiting . . .

In general we have been told there is a total waiting time of about three months.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Do the Police and medical checks first.

Medical goes direct to the Embassy and when they receive it it starts the process, the date they receive it is the date 12 months later within which the applicant must land in Oz.

The Police clearance can be collected after one week or can be posted out to a home address (about 2 weeks)

After the application is lodged the interview is usually 2-3 weeks after.

The grant can be as quick as 4-6 weeks depending on if they require further information.

If children are included in the application then an Oz Fed Police clearance from you will be necessary (about 3-4 weeks for that)

Ours took about 10 weeks in 2006, but I needed to supply further documents. A friends recently took about 3.5 months because of a discrepancy with the application and interview.

Thanks guys - big help

How does the hospital know to send it to the embassy if you haven't lodged it yet? Aus Gov webisite on the listing of hospitals/doctors in Thailand said don't do health check till requested?

Do you get a tracking number?

I wondered about that too (the medical check). I guess they just keep them until a visa application comes in.

However the hospital must submit it direct to the embassy, not to you. Don't worry about it, I've had to do it twice - medical checks in Bangkok (for wife) and Khon Kaen (daughter 18 months later) and both times there were no problems!!

You are not required to do a health check for all types of Visa, however it is required for Partner Visa (309-100).

You will need to go to one of the hospitals on the government website and there you just tell them that it is for the Australian Embassy. Also only certain doctors are certified to do the check so let hospital staff know what the health check is for.

We completed the health check before lodging our application and I did include the reciept from the hospital with our application. Not a problem at all.

Best of luck!

Thanks guys - big help

How does the hospital know to send it to the embassy if you haven't lodged it yet? Aus Gov webisite on the listing of hospitals/doctors in Thailand said don't do health check till requested?

Do you get a tracking number?

You have to go to an approved hospital.....here is the list

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Approved-Hos...sas-t93558.html

They hold the medical results until they receive the application.....whether they give it a case number or just match the names, I dont know but it isnt a problem

Tominoz is quite correct....some visas dont require a medical check and some do....some may require a medical if there is doubt about the applicants health due to age, usually it is if a period of education is being undertaken.