Scary Meeting With An Old German Nazi

Luxius

A single nut!

The fool was usally the King's most valued advisor.

In this case I regard such comments as words of the ignorant. Maybe my language was out of reach, maybe you simply didn't have an interest in a sofisticated disussion, either way it is noise in this thread.

Well there is a lot of BMP guys in Thailand specially Pattaya and more towards Rayong. Majority of Thais do not understand due to lack of education ect. I have been told that There are few bars in Pattaya which are own by BNP guys.

I think they will fitting very well in Thailand as Thai's do discriminate there own.For example a darker skin Thai gets discriminated by lighter skin Thais when it comes to jobs ect. They look at them as 3rd class citizens My Thai mats have told this to me.

Any way these sick bastards are all over the plant,I my self will NOT put up with it.

Sir you are an a$$

bodypaul Are you a man or a mouse,if you got something constructive to say come out with it,be a man abot it.

A single nut!

In this case I regard such comments as words of the ignorant. Maybe my language was out of reach, maybe you simply didn't have an interest in a sofisticated disussion, either way it is noise in this thread.

Okay, as you are so sophisticated and want proper discussion, I'll chime in.

You have suggested in your posts, that Nazism is a live and well in Thailand. Well, I think you must be rather sensitive if you believe that to be true. There are certainly a number of regalia that is seen around for sale and worn, but I am pretty sure that many of the people who wear such items really have little idea what they symbolize, and considering that the Nazi's would have not had much respect for non Aryan people, I can't see how any Thai with an ounce of grey matter could conceivably support such an ideology. As for some of the Europeans that openly support Nazi's they really aren't worth getting your knickers in a twist, they are pretty much in a minority wherever they are.

probably one of the worst things i ever heard was from an old German guy who was a neighbor, he said he had one problem with the British, i said whats that he answered you never gave us long enough with the jews, i was speechless and totally shocked. so there are a few Nazies still about. as for Thais wearing the swastika they also seem to like the Bin Laden tee shirts almost funny when a guy selling on the beach comes to sell you some thing and he is wearing bin laden shirt. my missus just says they do not understand, they do not seem to sell much.

You have suggested in your posts, that Nazism is a live and well in Thailand. Well, I think you must be rather sensitive if you believe that to be true. There are certainly a number of regalia that is seen around for sale and worn, but I am pretty sure that many of the people who wear such items really have little idea what they symbolize, and considering that the Nazi's would have not had much respect for non Aryan people, I can't see how any Thai with an ounce of grey matter could conceivably support such an ideology. As for some of the Europeans that openly support Nazi's they really aren't worth getting your knickers in a twist, they are pretty much in a minority wherever they are.

I didn't mean to say, that it was "alive and well", I only quoted the old German guy, stating that (even) in the outskirts of Thailand you can find people who see the symbols of Nazism to be a positive one, and that they regard Adolf Hitler with respect. This is not my claim and is open for discussion, I am merely quoting and questioning it here.

When you suggest that people have little idea of what the regalia you mention represent, I assume you mean Thai people - most westeners will have heard of and received education about WWII and nazism. If that I am correct in this assumption, I guess you forget that the swastika is a widely used and well-known ancient symbol in this part of the world, and hence the wearers of it are indeed aware of it. Of course, they see the symbol as a positive sign of good luck, rather as a fascist political and militaristic force, that was the cause of millions killed on and off the battlefield.

I know little of what the nazis thought about Thais, but they did try to trace the origins of the Aryan race, and went as far as Mongolia in search of their roots. A lot of their work has since been disregarded, most of it has been used as scientific material to document and research human DNA and cultural expanses as far back as we have proof. The Thais might be just as Aryan as you and I are, they might actually be more "pure" in genes, since the Aryan race came here well before Europe. Well, at least in the northern regions ...

Hinduism and later Buddhism are both offsprings of the Vedas, the religion (or mythology) of the Aryan race. They started their migration from Caucasus thousands of years ago, and spread both culture, language (written as spoken), mysticism and genes all over Asia and Europe, conquering by war and cultural dominance.

What do you want? A reward?

If you try, maybe you can get some Jewish zionists to come and drag him away for some imaginary 'war crimes'.

Or you could stop thinking that you've heard the whole story about the Nazi's in your middle grade school.

I would like to know what country you come from, the one that raised me educated me on 1939-1945 in 11th grade, when we were old enough to understand and discuss all the conflicts going on at that time. Furthermore, I have spent more than 15 years studying religion, mysicism, anthropology and history, not claiming to be an expert, but I did my own research even after I left school.

You can call the war crimes imaginary, but I would like to know how you can disprove all the evidence. I reject the notion that the KZ-camps were built after the war to make up a story, and that thousands of families are all together in the same plot, deceiving the whole planet with stories of lost family members.

Zionism is bullshit too, but this is not a mud fight between conspiratorialists. Why do you think I want a reward? The only reward feasable from this discussion, would be clearer understanding and knowledge about the topics being discussed.

You can call the war crimes imaginary, but I would like to know how you can disprove all the evidence. I reject the notion that the KZ-camps were built after the war to make up a story, and that thousands of families are all together in the same plot, deceiving the whole planet with stories of lost family members.

I haven't noticed any postings about the building of the camps after the war, could you please direct me to where anyone has actually said that?

I think this whole thread to be fair has a very tenuous link to Thailand, and is just a vehicle for someones own agenda. I'm pretty certain that this thread will deteriorate into the usual BS about Zionism etc in the next hour or so.

I think this whole thread to be fair has a very tenuous link to Thailand ...

I'm sorry you don't share the interest in history and culture, also known as anthropology, as well as mysticism and symbolism, as myself and others do find interesting.

Please, go rant in some other thread, I'm sure there's a lot around that is just waiting for it. If anything deteriorating it is your lack of contribution in your post, instead you seem to try and ridicule me (or whoever you are refering to with an "own agenda", I would also like to hear more about this theory of yours).

Edited by Luxius

A single nut!

at risk of being called a spelling nazi, I propose that those who wish to engage in "sofisticated" discussion should, at very least, be able to spell sophisticated.

Edited by t.s

If I would meet, like OP said, 1 single possible Nazi sympathizer for, as it seems, 10 minutes or so, I would think 'such an old idiot' and forget about that instantly. To call that incident scary is laughable.

But maybe the thread starter has a terrible memory from his days at war and that incident gave him an unconscious flashback he wants to talk about. That's understandable too, but I think this forum is the wrong place for that.

If I would meet, like OP said, 1 single possible Nazi sympathizer for, as it seems, 10 minutes or so, I would think 'such an old idiot' and forget about that instantly. To call that incident scary is laughable.

But maybe the thread starter has a terrible memory from his days at war and that incident gave him an unconscious flashback he wants to talk about. That's understandable too, but I think this forum is the wrong place for that.

you mean a forum full of troll obsessed wannabe moderators?

at risk of being called a spelling nazi, I propose that those who wish to engage in "sofisticated" discussion should, at very least, be able to spell sophisticated.

Very well, you found my weak spot, we spell it "sofistikeret" in Danish, and I made a slip. Thank you for correcting me, though ... :)

The scary part is where the old guy cherishes Thai local population regarding Hitler as a hero, and that you will still find people who use the symbols of SS and Nazi-Germany to either provoke or sympathize, it STILL has nothing to do with my personal fear of the person or his beliefs - or lack of.

I am trying to start the conversation about cultural understanding of the swastika before and now in Thailand, how can this be the wrong forum for that?

Edited by Luxius

The scary part is where the old guy cherishes Thai local population regarding Hitler as a hero, and that you will still find people who use the symbols of SS and Nazi-Germany to either provoke or sympathize, it STILL has nothing to do with my personal fear of the person or his beliefs - or lack of.

I am trying to start the conversation about cultural understanding of the swastika before and now in Thailand, how can this be the wrong forum for that?

First sentence: A totally bizarre and unrealistic scenario. 98% of Thais have no idea whats that all about. And the small percentage of the other 2%, which are sympathizer, are certainly no danger to society. Every country has its share of weird people.

Second sentence: Wrong forum, because I guess you will no get the feedback here you are hoping for.

Well shocked???

There are always some strange people, some love Hitler, some Stalin or Mao, some kill each other after football games because their loved club lost.

As long as the Nazi is not violent I would simply ignore him.

There are some great jokes you can do with Nazis, by pointing out that Hitler was Austrian and that they actually LOST the second war....

and the first one if memory serves!

I suspect this thread will end in the trash bin, but let me clarify.

I am sick and tired of hearing about nazism this, holocaust that. It's been over 60 years and much worse crimes have been comitted. Where's the outrage over Sudan, China, Sovjet Russia, Yugoslavia and all the other genocides? The only relevance the holocaust has now is to legitimize another genocide: That of the Palestinians at the hands of the Israelis. The holocaust has been used deliberately for geo political gain. Why do we have to see another new holocaust or nazi movie every year? To perpetuate the Wests bad concience for the jews, so Israel can continue their war crimes is why. What about all the fake holocaust books? This is making gold on the tombs of the dead and it's disgusting.

One of the reasons that I live in Thailand is to escape this kind of crap.

Disgusting is in the eye of the beholder, mate. To compare as equivalents the Nazi death camps to what Israel has done (which almost everyone including most Israelis realize is nothing to be proud of), well, that's disgusting. And wrong.

Edited by Jingthing

What do you want? A reward?

If you try, maybe you can get some Jewish zionists to come and drag him away for some imaginary 'war crimes'.

Or you could stop thinking that you've heard the whole story about the Nazi's in your middle grade school.

I would like to know what country you come from, the one that raised me educated me on 1939-1945 in 11th grade, when we were old enough to understand and discuss all the conflicts going on at that time. Furthermore, I have spent more than 15 years studying religion, mysicism, anthropology and history, not claiming to be an expert, but I did my own research even after I left school.

Zionism is bullshit too, but this is not a mud fight between conspiratorialists. Why do you think I want a reward? The only reward feasable from this discussion, would be clearer understanding and knowledge about the topics being discussed.

:):D:D:D:D:D

I am sick and tired of hearing about nazism this, holocaust that. It's been over 60 years and much worse crimes have been comitted. Where's the outrage over Sudan, China, Sovjet Russia, Yugoslavia and all the other genocides? The only relevance the holocaust has now is to legitimize another genocide: That of the Palestinians at the hands of the Israelis. The holocaust has been used deliberately for geo political gain. Why do we have to see another new holocaust or nazi movie every year? To perpetuate the Wests bad concience for the jews, so Israel can continue their war crimes is why. What about all the fake holocaust books? This is making gold on the tombs of the dead and it's disgusting.

Disgusting is in the eye of the beholder, mate. To compare as equivalents the Nazi death camps to what Israel has done (which almost everyone including most Israelis realize is nothing to be proud of), well, that's disgusting. And wrong.

I was not around when WW2 happened, however I am around now and can see unjustice and persecution when it happens. And thats all from me, cause this topic causes nothing but problems.

One day after 11-11 and a post like Mr. Hammer's shows up lamenting why the Holacaust keeps getting mentioned. Well, if Mr. hammer took a visit to the Holacaust musuem in Washington DC, he'd see the link between that event and the genocides in Bosnia, Cambodia and Darfur and Rwanda etc. He'd see how an ability to undertake such an event facilitated other genocides. But he'd also see that the world has started to react alot faster because of educational reminders like that museum.

My experience is that Germans under the age of 40 are not the ones to dredge up ugly reminders of the Nazi era. It is usually other nationalities. Germany has done an excellent job at sensitizing its population and ensuring such events do not repeat. Everytime some idiot parades about in such regalia it is an insult to modern Germany, a nation that paid the price for such brutality. It lost 2 generations after the war and its population born between 1945 and 1965 are some of the saddest grouchiest people around because of that era. No, they don't need to be reminded why they grew up in deprivation and were the world's pariah. If some German is wearing such an outfit it is because he is mentally ill and an outcast from a German society that moved on. If some German kid saw this guy, Herr Himmler would be enjoying a knuckle sandwich.

Why?

Well, the world wars did involve ... well, most of the world, hence it is something most nations can relate to. Even Thailand, if did any good about preserving history (this goes on many aspects). Of course, we are not trying to determine the worst of all human crimes, and I find it peculiar you left out the Burma situation in your long list of atrocities. Apparantly you hold Jews in low esteem, and you might be right about the need to investigate other aspects of that history, but this thread is ...

NOT ABOUT WORLD WAR II,

NOT ABOUT THE GENOCIDE (or not),

NOT ABOUT BEER HALLS IN GERMANY and

NOT ABOUT THAI IGNORANCE ...

It is about the swastika, modern Thai society and the understanding of this symbol - linked to nazism.

I was hoping to escape Christmas and Halloween ...

while Im considering if this thread has any merit in remaining open, Im going to ask everyone to be civil and keep things calm

that might help if you want to continue to discuss some aspects of this.....

but I suspect thats not going to happen

This thread is about an old wierdo with a helmet covered with NAZI emblems and about the attitude of the Thais towards nazism.

I don't think the "enthousiastic" reactions gotten from Thais and especially young Thais is more than having a good laugh.

They probably saw some war movies.

Especially the film industry had a difficult time representing the germans politically correctly on the screen.

Nazi rigor, stiffness, apparent efficency, nice-looking uniforms, tidyness, fanatism of the SS, and at some point greatness (spring 42)... that is a lot of things which inspire some kind of repect, even the Nazis were evil.

So for the movie directors it was not an easy task to inspire the viewers enough disrespect of the NAZIs while keeping the movie suitable for a broad audience... of course it would have been easier to inspire disgust to viewers if some Nazis were shown popping out eyes from living people or cutting of fingers, with blood staining their shiny uniforms...

But don't mistake acknowledgement for respect. The NAZIs were a serious threat and even attained a certain greatness that must be acknowledged.

And further down the road, they were defeated.

So I think there is a lot of sanook in what the young thais are doing.

In pure thai manner they make the older German believe they like Hitler while they make fun of him.

Another thing that is rather strange, is that people in eastern Europe speak very freely about Hitler and make fun of him pretty much in the same way as was described by the OP.

I saw that in Ukraine, Russia and Poland.

And you can't say that these countries didn't experience it first hand.

A couple of years ago, a comedy movie was made on Hitler, which stirred a controversy on the question if it is even allowed to laugh about Hitler, many fearing that laughing about him would "dilute" the disgust of everything NAZI.

In France, Germany and Austria it certainly looks like there is "thought control" when it comes to NAZIs. It is politically incorrect to link NAZIs with anything positive, thus the problem with the comedy.

About bikers, I would like to say that there are much bikers in Europe who wear NAZI emblems, but their goal is to be provocative and to have a threatening image - they think it is cool.

But when you know them as persons, you know that 99% of them do not endorse the symbols and are far far away from harming anybody, except maybe in some bar fights :-)

Edited by tgw

I’m glad the OP hasn’t seen our local fruit vendor in his pickup with full size Nazi flag draped across the windscreen and German helmets on the roof. He’d probably claim he’d seen a panzer coming down the street. :)