Cambodia Expels Thai Embassy's First Secretary

george

Further posts which can be considered as flaming will be deleted and posters will be brought to task.

Because people do not agree with you does not make them ignorant. "Facts" can be quite different, depending on the historian who is writing them or the politicians that approve them. Discuss WWII with a Japanese person, for example.

Meanwhile....back on the topic (rather than the posters).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott. You don't have to point out what is or is not a fact. I didn't come down with the last rain shower. Facts don't have to be different. My car is a Mitsubishi That's a fact. I'm sitting in front of my PC. That's a fact. I gave my daughter the same name as my grandmother. That's a fact. I'm eating a cookie. That's a fact. Your WW2 example doesn't fit anywhere near. Fact. Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Opinion. Should the Americans have dropped an atomic weapon on Japan.? If the poster had said "I think that the Khmer Empire didn't stretch as far as once thought and here's some evidence I discovered that shows it." then all well and good. I wouldn't have given it a seconds thought to reply as I did. But he didn't.

Bring to task who you think you must. It's your prerogative as a moderator.

Time for dinner I reckon. :)

mca - I wasn't trying to get at you personally...... and apologies if you think I was. :) I agreed with hammered's basic comment and my closing "all of the above" was intended to relate to what I then went on to say as general points. Plenty (far too many) worse examples of out and out messenger-shooting on the forum than anything you said.

I guess I'm just way irritated by so much of the red/yellow labeling that I see...... smacks to me of football supporters - and the more mindless ya-boo variety at that.

mca - I wasn't trying to get at you personally...... and apologies if you think I was. :) I agreed with hammered's basic comment and my closing "all of the above" was intended to relate to what I then went on to say as general points. Plenty (far too many) worse examples of out and out messenger-shooting on the forum than anything you said.

I guess I'm just way irritated by so much of the red/yellow labeling that I see...... smacks to me of football supporters - and the more mindless ya-boo variety at that.

No problem mate. Sincere apologies for my misunderstanding. :D

fabrication and another casualties of thai-cambodia hate-hate relationship.

all i can say is that, look at the host, hunsen, is he stable? this guy kicked out norodom (a royal prince) in 1997 and now call himself a "somdet" or royal. come'on, this thaksin's dream. i should not elaborate more.

brilliant minds should not wonder why this is hapening.

fabrication and another casualties of thai-cambodia hate-hate relationship.

all i can say is that, look at the host, hunsen, is he stable? this guy kicked out norodom (a royal prince) in 1997 and now call himself a "somdet" or royal. come'on, this thaksin's dream. i should not elaborate more.

brilliant minds should not wonder why this is hapening.

Birds Of A Feather Flock Together.

Almost surprised Hun Sen's present was only a red baseball cap

and not a Red Mao style cap, with a Thaksin button on it.

Edited by animatic

The 1st Secretary was expelled for allegedly ordering a Thai national employed at the airport to provide him with a copy of Taksin's flight plan. The employee in question has been arrested; the diplomat, in respect for his diplomatic immunity, was declared persona non grata.