Moving Chiang Mai To Queensland!

CLASBYCLAN

A search on Asian tigers or transpo will show a Bkk company that I utilised coming from Queensland to Thailand.

They have a regular transport to Chiang Mai and the service was relatively inexpensive.

The service was superb and thats why I recommend them,staff english speaking.

I used Wridgways in Brisbane who recomended this company to me.

BTW..are you pulling the pin and leaving Thailand?

Sunny Qld..the garden state!

Ok, hi, we have just shipped some stuff (CNX-> BNE) for the first time, and it was a costly learning experience. I plan to write a detailed post on it when I get time, but just briefly ...

we used a small CNX shipper who told us that the cost at the Australian end would be "about AUD$400", and we budgeted accordingly.... but as it turned out, it was substantially more than that. We shipped about 3-4 m3 of "used household goods". This is important as the type of goods has a bearing on costs at the Oz end. We were annoyed about the cost discrepancy as the shippers told us that they "had done many shipments to Australia" hence we took their advice to be accurate. They also didn't tell us that we could shop around for agents at the Australian end and select our own, and not just accept the company put forward by the BKK agents. If they had simply said "we don;t really know how much it will cost at the Australian end and suggest you make your own investigations" then we would have been willing to do so. But by the time we knew the facts of the matter it was all toolate in the process to do anything (save some money). Investigate thoroughly - realise that there are many different companies involve\d in your shipment (all have their own charges) and that the price you pay in Chinag Mai is just a downpayment on the eventual final cost. Good luck!

Edited by chiangmaibruce