Farang Food Shop Opening In Phetchabun

aitch52

Hi

I had a surprise delivery in the mail at the weekend, a pamphlet advertising Farang food at very competetive prices, Sausage, Pork chops, Lamb and much more including Christmas and New Year goodies. They are opening on Wednesday 18th November and are located in Phetchabun town. From Highway 12 you go down Nikombamrung Rd, past Foodland and KFC and the Tofffee and Coffee shop, turn left into Phetcharad Rd and they are close to the corner on the opposite side.

There is a large choice of European foods, I have no connection or interest in this venture but wish them luck with it.

Cheers

I received this in the mail as well which is a bit baffling how they developed a list of names and addresses of foreigners in Phetchabun. None the less, I look forward to their opening. Just the sort of variety Phetchabun needs so good luck to them.

I received this in the mail as well which is a bit baffling how they developed a list of names and addresses of foreigners in Phetchabun. None the less, I look forward to their opening. Just the sort of variety Phetchabun needs so good luck to them.

Friends at Police or Immigration!, or more likely, "Battle Horse Golf Club"-(Army Barracks), not much goes on in Petch without their knowing :)

Thanks for the feedback chrgrms, would have been myself by now but working in Phitsanulok, I must admit I'm hankering after a leg of lamb even at 530 baht a Kg. Good luck to them I say, I will pay a visit as soon as I am free. Phutoie is right, I guess the police or immigration gave them the info, my name was in English and address in Thai. Hope to meet up at Battle Horse soon mate. Incidentally the road signs are up for PLOK Immigration, I hear it's up and running on the road parallel to the Nan River, will check it out this week, pologise for off topic heheh

Chris Aitch

Edited by aitch52

thats great news about the immigration office. fortunately i am not due another visit until spring, but its still great to not get that long drive.

I have never been to battle horse, i dont play golf. but if there is a cafe or bar there i am certainly up for a lunch or something. Have you guys checked out the baan pee restaurant that have huge prawns and is situated close to a small lake? that must be the most charming place to eat in whole petchabun.

btw, when u go to this new farang food shop, dont expect too much. they dont have that much, but what they have is nice. And its not overpriced (i was half suspecting it to be highly overpriced).

Hi chrgrms, no wasn't expecting too much as it is a new start up and they are going to have to see what trade is like first, yes there is a small restaurant at Battle Horse, no hassle to get into the military base, the parking is on your right as you pass through the gate and the cubhouse / bar is on your left. Yes been to that restaurant, makes for a convivial evening.. Will post a feedback on the Immigration office later ths week as I am going to go and scope the place.

Basically you go over the big road bridge on Route 12, with Topland (big white 16 Storey or so building) on your right and just before you come to a second bridge over the River Nan turn left, the Immigration sign is about 50 metres before the turn off, drive down the side road with the river on your right and I think it is about a km down the road behind the Police Station. Apparently the staff are very friendly but take their time as they are wary of making a mistake.

Will be in touch soon

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse my tardiness but I paid a visit a couple of weeks ago and bought:

Farmhouse Pate, excellent on wholewheat toast, chunky and moist

A leg of lamb, it roasted up really well, almost 2 kilos in weight, cooked it at 185 degs C for 20 mins a pound plus 20 over in the oven, with chunks of garlic set inside and rosemary rubbed over the outside. There was probably about half a pint of meat juices for the gravy and enough fat for the roast potatoes which tasted wonderful. The meat was juicy, lean and tender. Now I have tried Lamb from many countries, Wales, Cornwall (yes it is a country, although listed as a County of England) New Zealand of course, Oman, USA, Australia to name a few. Apparently this is Chinese Lamb from what I could understand from the lady of the shop, well I have to admit it is up there with the best and I love lamb. It cost 985 Baht, a tad expensive but well worth it for an occasional treat. We shared out the bones among our 4 dogs, huge fight, now they are competetive over food, but they get along well most of the time, but they were taking no prisoners over this feast.

Pork burgers, not so good according to my wife, who cooked them up while I wasn't around.

A pack of rosemary.

And some cheese

From memory, thats about it the bill was about 1600 baht, I considered it money well spent as the lamb was memorable.

Cheers

Aitch

Edited by aitch52

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in the shop last week, the owners told us they were having to close, as the chap who was supposed to do the butchery / baking was unable to cope with the demand. They were planning to close on the Friday (Xmas Day).

Shame, they seemed nice folks, hopefully they'll find an alternative butcher & baker.