Does Thailand Have A Bxer Who Cold Stop Manny Pacquiao

john b good

After watching him yesterday I'm glad I didnt have to step into the ring with the guy.

I am sure eventually someone will come along and wipe the floor with him, it nearly always happens to these guys unless they get wise and get out while they are on top, most of them dont. They can't go on winning forever, however for now, hes the man. :)

Good Question, See the thing is with Thailand it's not a matter of talent it's the fact that western boxing isn't as culturally popular here as in the PI. All the guys that have the natural gifts and talent to beat Manny (and there probably aren't many, he is a great athlete) are doing Muay Thai. So in a street fight, sure, in a boxing ring, today?.....I don't know.

But I sure as hel_l would love to watch a good match between him and a tough Thai contender :)

Good Question, See the thing is with Thailand it's not a matter of talent it's the fact that western boxing isn't as culturally popular here as in the PI. All the guys that have the natural gifts and talent to beat Manny (and there probably aren't many, he is a great athlete) are doing Muay Thai. So in a street fight, sure, in a boxing ring, today?.....I don't know.

But I sure as hel_l would love to watch a good match between him and a tough Thai contender :)

Some would certainly agree with you. Not just the problem of Muay Thai, but issues with promotors as well.

Boxing in Thailand: Thailand’s Pacquiao in the Shadows

TH

No country has. I was impressed by his performance. Bring on Floyd.

I think Floyd is the only one who will beat him. Would love the match to happen.

Sadly Keith Floyd passed away last month and won't be able to make it. Would have a been a good fight though, glass of wine here, curry there. An upper cut of cumin here, a round house of lamb there, two quick jabs of salt and pepper....

Some would certainly agree with you. Not just the problem of Muay Thai, but issues with promotors as well.

Boxing in Thailand: Thailand's Pacquiao in the Shadows

TH

International promotion and touring circuits is difficult for the vast majority of thai promoters and requires a lot of connections. This is something Cuba and the Dominican Republic overcame through drawing a lot of international interest through their success in the Olympics. Foreign promoters travel to those countries to see the new talent.

I hope the match will be on Showtime/HBO next week here. I hated missing it. I'm a bit of a boxing fan (except for heavy weights). Oscar DeLaHoya was long my favorite, but his day is past. Manny is excitement in the ring right now. But, there is always someone out there!

The one thing that annoys me about most boxers is that they just don't know when to quit.

Not a chance. Everybody is waiting for a matchup with Mayweather. He's the only fighter remotely close enough to give that little Filappino dynemo a good battle. Floyd is a good enough boxer to keep Manny at a distance. Anybody who tries to mix it up gets taken out. When the Mayweather Pac-man deal gets done it will be a multi-million dollar match.