New Restaurant In Mukdahan For Foreigners

DJH77

Any pricing info? Can anyone share a few prices for the dishes? I don't like walking into places that I have no idea how much they charge.

I'll be in town from Feb 5th to 10th.

Tony

www.tonysmyth.com

Do you have wifi there? Do a lot of places downtown have wifi? I'm looking for a few places I can sit and relax, have a cold drink and surf the web, either with my laptop or my ipod touch. I may need to escape the village. I love the family but it's like watching paint dry. Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.

Any pricing info? Can anyone share a few prices for the dishes? I don't like walking into places that I have no idea how much they charge.

I'll be in town from Feb 5th to 10th.

Tony

www.tonysmyth.com

Hi Tony, Yes as Memock replied we do have WiFi for the convenience of our B&B Guests and our Restaurant customers. Menu Prices range from 70bht to 150 bht for Beer Snacks through to 450 bht for Aussie Lamb Chops with Mint sauce. For Steaks it depends on what type and size of steak you like. This can range from 180 bht for a 200 gr Rump to 900 bht for a King Size 700gr T-bone with plenty in between. We have many Menu Items that are unavailable anywhere else in Mukdahan, without mentioning the Best Stocked Bar including Canadian Whiskey. I look Foward to meeting you, Regards Don.

I was there a couple of days ago, had a great lunch with my wife and friends.

Totster :D

You went to Mukdahan Totster?

I was there just after Christmas for 10 days.

Did not see this thread before and did not know of the restaurant.

I'll make sure I'll go next time and will take a few more pictures. :)

• 1 month later...
The wife and my two young girls had a fantastic three day stay with Don at his wonderful house.

It had been a very stressful previous few months so the time we spent at Dons place was just what we needed to recharge the batteries. The views along the Mekhong were great, the pool was wonderful and the food was fantastic!

Don is a great man to chat with and he and his wife and two wonderful staff made you feel like part of the family.

If you are local in the area it is the sort of place that you could go for lunch and end up having a swim and staying for dinner! Highly recommended and we will be back.

muk.jpg

muk1.jpg

muk6.jpg

muk7.jpg

I have just moved to Mukdahan and heard of Don's place and found it to be a delightful place. The Food is excellent and the Don and Daeng are great company. They have also made my transition to Moving to Mukdahan easy. So for good company, food and just relaxation this is the place to go. Oh by the way they also have free internet. Tom

Just a question is it far from Loei, we arrive in about 4 weeks and a couple of days at Mukka sounds great and you do hay out for some good aussie lamb chops sometimes as every one well knows Thai food is great but but just to have a fix of western food is heavan :)

• 1 month later...
You have me sold. Might bring my folks up when they visit next month. How many rooms do you have available?

We have the room shown in the pic's on the ground which opens onto the pool overlooking the river, King bed, Ensuite bathroom, walk in robe, TV, DVD, ceiling fan,AC etc. On the 1st floor we have 2 bedrooms, 1 with twin beds the other with King bed & lounge, both have TV, DVD, ceiling fan, walk in robes etc. There is a 2 way Large bathroom interconnecting between the 2 bedrooms with large 2 person shower, full size bath and a 2 basin granite vanity unit, plus a seperate entry toilet to service this area. The King room has views over the river & Savannakhett, Laos. All rooms have fixtures & fittings of the same high quality as the Pic's posted by Totster of the property. There is also parking for 10 cars in the grounds. Any Furthur enquiries Please Call me on 042-632577 or 0810474781. Regards DON.

Don,

I'm a believer. this is the guy looking for a contractor in Isaan. Looks like your guy did a great job. When ever I go to Mukdahan I stay at a hotel until I can build my home. I'd love to try your B&B. Do you have an email address to request reservations? I am out of Thailand for now and email is the easy way to contact somoene. I have a feeling you will be very busy.

Cheers and congrats.

• 7 months later...

No new comments in this thread for more than 6 months. Are there any recent reports available?

Just curious.

The WATERFRONT RESTAURANT-SONG FUNG KHONG is Alive and Well. It's located at the the Big Western Style House known as The MUKDAHAN MANOR B&B at the southern end of Samlanchai-khong tai road which is the road that runs alongside the Mekong River about 3kl south of the Indo-China Riverfront market. There is a NEW MENU which features Australian Steaks,New Zealand Lamb & Green Mussels, Noweigan Salmon & Cod Fish, Tasmanian Schollops and Much more. I will Post the New Menu when i figure out how to do it. I'm not much good on computers. I hope to see you all very soon. THANKS and REGARDS, Don Hunter. Ph. 042-632577.:rolleyes:

No new comments in this thread for more than 6 months. Are there any recent reports available?

Just curious.

The WATERFRONT RESTAURANT-SONG FUNG KHONG is Alive and Well. It's located at the the Big Western Style House known as The MUKDAHAN MANOR B&B at the southern end of Samlanchai-khong tai road which is the road that runs alongside the Mekong River about 3kl south of the Indo-China Riverfront market. There is a NEW MENU which features Australian Steaks,New Zealand Lamb & Green Mussels, Noweigan Salmon & Cod Fish, Tasmanian Schollops and Much more. I will Post the New Menu when i figure out how to do it. I'm not much good on computers. I hope to see you all very soon. THANKS and REGARDS, Don Hunter. Ph. 042-632577.:rolleyes:

This has to be without doubt the best restaurant in Mukdahan. The Food is delicious and the views are fabulous and where else can you get this variety on the Menu. You should post the new one Don.

Just curious.

This has to be without doubt the best restaurant in Mukdahan. The Food is delicious and the views are fabulous and where else can you get this variety on the Menu. You should post the new one Don.

OK Mick i will try, lets hope it works.

menu dishes page.doc

Just curious.

The WATERFRONT RESTAURANT-SONG FUNG KHONG is Alive and Well. It's located at the the Big Western Style House known as The MUKDAHAN MANOR B&B at the southern end of Samlanchai-khong tai road which is the road that runs alongside the Mekong River about 3kl south of the Indo-China Riverfront market. There is a NEW MENU which features Australian Steaks,New Zealand Lamb & Green Mussels, Noweigan Salmon & Cod Fish, Tasmanian Schollops and Much more. I will Post the New Menu when i figure out how to do it. I'm not much good on computers. I hope to see you all very soon.  THANKS and REGARDS, Don Hunter. Ph. 042-632577.:rolleyes:

OK Mick i will try, lets hope it works.

Thanks for that mate.  Is a rather large download.  I reduced the file size and converted it to pdf format.  Much easier to download.

menu dishes page.pdf

I had the pleasure of enjoying a wonderful afternoon at Don and Daengs restaurant last sunday. Location, outlook, food, service was excellant. My two friends and I had a very enjoyable time there and will be back there in the next couple of weeks with the wives. All the previous posts with pictures included really do describe this restaurant and B & B perfectly.

Thanks Don and Daeng from Carl, Peter and Dick

I had the pleasure of enjoying a wonderful afternoon at Don and Daengs restaurant last sunday. Location, outlook, food, service was excellant. My two friends and I had a very enjoyable time there and will be back there in the next couple of weeks with the wives. All the previous posts with pictures included really do describe this restaurant and B & B perfectly.

Thanks Don and Daeng from Carl, Peter and Dick

Thank you Gentlemen for your comments. If you do decide to come on Xmas day we will not be having Turkey as 99% of our customers are Thai but if you would like a Great Aussie Style Baked Dinner- say Roast Lamb, Beef, Duck or Chicken then Dang will be only to happy to do it for you. So if you would like this just give us a call the day before so we can organise it for you and give us the Number of persons coming, OK. Merry Xmas, Don & Dang. Ph.042-632577.:D

• 2 weeks later...